Smyrna vs Riverdale

82cat

Inadvertent whistles are a part of the game. Once the whistle blew the play is over. By rules if the whistle blew before the interception (which it appears it did)then it should have been Smyrna ball. So if you want to try and get technical about it then the bad call cost Smyrna 3 points. Either way it doesn`t really change the fact that Riverdale blew a 16 point lead now does it.

Riverdale has some very good linemen. A point that wasn`t missed by the announcers who must have said that 1000 times during the game. This will be a great rematch if they meet in the playoffs.

i understand that, i know what the rule book says...refs found themselves in a terrible situation and they tried to make the best of their mistake. i dont care what the rule says, it would have been an injustice to give the ball back to smyrna, simple as that. that pass interference call i mentioned which came on 4th and 15 extended that smyrna drive which cut our lead to 23-15...riverdale defender tripped over himself not making contact with the receiver who then tripped over riverdale defender, smyrna receiver wasnt even their intended receiver

i have heard also they made that a huge point in the broadcast...they also called josh vanhoose mike brooks all night. vanhooses jersey/pads flew out of the equipment truck on the way back from dickson county i believe so he will play in the #4 in our away jerseys but should continue to wear #21 at home.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YOU GOTTA LOVE THEM WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Let me ask those who wathced the game or saw it when we went behind by 9 points just a little before the 4th QTR...who thought with our offense and the way the game had gone that we would come back?....honestly i was REALLY worried and forthe record i text TDTN and he was NOT WORRIED what did some of yall think

WHAT A GAME!!!!

I wish people would just realize this for what it was, and that is a great game. Quit griping over officials and other things. If you look at the other side of that coin, what would have been the outcome without those 3 interceptions by Gray. The inadvertant whistle was horrible, but at least they gave Riverdale the ball (which, by rule, they shouldn't have). Late hits, pass interferences, holdings....you name it. I think everyone agrees that it was a poorly officiated ball game, but it did anything but favor one team over the other.

This was a tale of 2 halves. I have to give the Riverdale staff a ton of credit for coming in with a plan and executing it. On the other hand, I have to give the Smyrna coaching staff a load of credit for getting their kids back at halftime. Riverdale came out firing in the 1st and Smyrna came out firing in the 2nd. If these two teams take care of business, it is my understanding that they will most likely meet in 4 weeks.

What this game did, in my opinion, is to break down that veil of invincibility Riverdale has apparantly had over Smyrna. Smyrna now knows that Riverdale is beatable and Riverdale now knows they can be beat. Should be a great rematch if/when it happens.

I just wish I had been around for more than a year to have seen more of this rivalry.

Inadvertent whistles are a part of the game. Once the whistle blew the play is over. By rules if the whistle blew before the interception (which it appears it did)then it should have been Smyrna ball. So if you want to try and get technical about it then the bad call cost Smyrna 3 points. Either way it doesn`t really change the fact that Riverdale blew a 16 point lead now does it.

Riverdale has some very good linemen. A point that wasn`t missed by the announcers who must have said that 1000 times during the game. This will be a great rematch if they meet in the playoffs.

Listening to Pat Spurduto last night I was getting worried that he was going down to the field and try to sign both Spurlock and Verge for the 'Cats' last night DURING the game. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

WHAT A GAME!!!!

I wish people would just realize this for what it was, and that is a great game. Quit griping over officials and other things. If you look at the other side of that coin, what would have been the outcome without those 3 interceptions by Gray. The inadvertant whistle was horrible, but at least they gave Riverdale the ball (which, by rule, they shouldn't have). Late hits, pass interferences, holdings....you name it. I think everyone agrees that it was a poorly officiated ball game, but it did anything but favor one team over the other.

This was a tale of 2 halves. I have to give the Riverdale staff a ton of credit for coming in with a plan and executing it. On the other hand, I have to give the Smyrna coaching staff a load of credit for getting their kids back at halftime. Riverdale came out firing in the 1st and Smyrna came out firing in the 2nd. If these two teams take care of business, it is my understanding that they will most likely meet in 4 weeks.

What this game did, in my opinion, is to break down that veil of invincibility Riverdale has apparantly had over Smyrna. Smyrna now knows that Riverdale is beatable and Riverdale now knows they can be beat. Should be a great rematch if/when it happens.

I just wish I had been around for more than a year to have seen more of this rivalry.

What is hows is the true talent of one player,"Wilks" Without him Smyrna has nothing. Even with him they only had the ball for 1:39 in the first half. Then in the scond half there were two passes just flung up in the air by Gray that Wilks went up and got. He's the one who is the Smyrna team. Without him they have nothing and that will show next year when he and Gray are gone. You cant win with a 2 man team.

YOU GOTTA LOVE THEM WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Let me ask those who wathced the game or saw it when we went behind by 9 points just a little before the 4th QTR...who thought with our offense and the way the game had gone that we would come back?....honestly i was REALLY worried and forthe record i text TDTN and he was NOT WORRIED what did some of yall think

You have to admit that those boys showed us something about character. They stayed with what got then there and it was true to them. I must say that I was dissappointed when in the 4th quarter the band was just sitting there acting disinterested and some concerned parents shouted at the band director and had to tell them to get up and play. As few seats as there were, I feel if the band was so disinterested in what was going on on the field that maybe they were the ones who should have sat in the over flow seats on the track and allowed the paying customers who were interested sit in the stands in stead of having to stand!!

What is hows is the true talent of one player,"Wilks" Without him Smyrna has nothing. Even with him they only had the ball for 1:39 in the first half. Then in the scond half there were two passes just flung up in the air by Gray that Wilks went up and got. He's the one who is the Smyrna team. Without him they have nothing and that will show next year when he and Gray are gone. You cant win with a 2 man team.

yes he is good player , but you have to slow him down off of the line by doing so sonny can't make those quick passes

very good game .if these two meet again i don't think the warriors will give up 16points , again good game 1 at a time

I would rather we have the 'close' game behind us and save any possible blowout for the playoffs instead of the way it went last year.

Bdogg, I just have ONE question. How do you like that Metro Nashville 'Jr Pro' offense now? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I am sorry I just had to ask though. My only excuse is the full moon last night. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

i was proud of the crowd last night, they were hyped even when we were down, shouldda seen how it looked and how loud riverdale fans were from the home side. as mentioned earlier, playing from behind is a foreign concept to riverdale but the players and fans responded great.

people of course are already talking about a rematch, last year it came in the 3rd round cause smyrna finished 2nd in the region. this year (if a rematch happens) it will likely come in the 2nd round because win or lose week 10 i think smyrna finishes 3rd in the region

positive about that is unlike after last years regular season matchup versus smyrna we get to study the good and the bad on film...we know what we have to work on; last year the scenario going into the playoff matchup was show up, do the same thing and hope for another blow out win. adjustments will be made

i feel like smyrna has been more "exposed" and riverdale hasnt let all their cats out the bag...still games come down to plays and if you give smyrna a short field their gonna make something out of it

I would rather we have the 'close' game behind us and save any possible blowout for the playoffs instead of the way it went last year.

Bdogg, I just have ONE question. How do you like that Metro Nashville 'Jr Pro' offense now? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I am sorry I just had to ask though. My only excuse is the full moon last night. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Thats ok LOD if you noticed he has not been on here for a while. He has not answered my question I wrote on the 14th page of this topic! Who's your DADDY Bdogg? I am like most of everyone on here harrassing just Bdogg though! I have the utmost respect for Smyrna's football players, coaches,and fan's! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />