Smyrna vs Riverdale

82cat

Listening to Pat Spurduto last night I was getting worried that he was going down to the field and try to sign both Spurlock and Verge for the 'Cats' last night DURING the game. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

hahahaha...that`s too funny! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats to riverdale, that was one of the best high school football games that i have ever watched, also let me just say the atmosphere was elecrtic with the cooler weather the pact stands before six oclock, in my opinon "everybody has one" and the line question bas line got to sonny just about on every play he really didnt have time to throw the ball, but smyrna ran the ball right down their throat something smyrna didnt or couldnt do against riverdale "got behind and had to get points in a hurry" but yes the riverdale line was impressive would be a great game if yall played ba, also riverdale made some great passes last night when they had too and when smyrna wasnt expecting it "when riverdale got behind in the playoff game they kept running and running"

Where's Bdogg? At home licking his wounds?

Are you calling out the Dogg? Come on dude, you will get the payback in the playoffs. Your team was mighty lucky. You had no answer for Rod, and your fake punt on 4th down was crazy. I guess that is how they do it in Metro.

bottom line we won and still undefeated but we should have never let it get tht close due to the bad call on the first td on 4 and our 2 fumbles and a bad punt put them in unbelievable field position so it wasmore luck and home fild refs bt oh well we won

I don't know what game you attend fellow, but your defensive coaches were simply out-coached. No offense to the small cornerback (2), but his parents should have the defensive coaches arrested for child abuse. They continually had him guard Rod with one on one coverage. Maybe they should have put verge on Rod since Verge is suppose to be some type of animal. All I saw him do most of the night was run around blocks. Can't wait to next time.

I don't know what game you attend fellow, but your defensive coaches were simply out-coached. No offense to the small cornerback (2), but his parents should have the defensive coaches arrested for child abuse. They continually had him guard Rod with one on one coverage. Maybe they should have put verge on Rod since Verge is suppose to be some type of animal. All I saw him do most of the night was run around blocks. Can't wait to next time.

Our defensive coaches were outcoached? If we don't fumble a kick-off (I guess that was our defensive coaches fault?) or get a phantom pass interference call on 4th down (usually that requires a defensive player to actually touch an offensive player) or allow a kickoff return for a touchdown what is Smyrna's total then?

The first half Smyrna gained 39 yards and had 3 firstdowns. The 4th quarter Smyrna had one possession and

for some reason, leading in the game, threw an interception with about 6 minutes or so left and then didn't

touch the ball again until about 40 seconds left - remind me again who was outcoached?????

Our defensive coaches were outcoached? If we don't fumble a kick-off (I guess that was our defensive coaches fault?) or get a phantom pass interference call on 4th down (usually that requires a defensive player to actually touch an offensive player) or allow a kickoff return for a touchdown what is Smyrna's total then?

The first half Smyrna gained 39 yards and had 3 firstdowns. The 4th quarter Smyrna had one possession and

for some reason, leading in the game, threw an interception with about 6 minutes or so left and then didn't

touch the ball again until about 40 seconds left - remind me again who was outcoached?????

And more importantly who is getting the 'wings' bought for them this week! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

David we can only hope 'it' is picking LaVergne this week also. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

And more importantly who is getting the 'wings' bought for them this week! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

David we can only hope 'it' is picking LaVergne this week also. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

LOD,

You are one very smart person.......NOT! Go Dawgs!

Limbaugh,

How many times did we isolate your number 2 on Rod? Your defensive coaches never made any adjustments. In your heart of hearts you know that you were out-coached. What about that very questionable fake punt? Come on Limbaugh, you must be have doubts about that one.

Limbaugh,

How many times did we isolate your number 2 on Rod? Your defensive coaches never made any adjustments. In your heart of hearts you know that you were out-coached. What about that very questionable fake punt? Come on Limbaugh, you must be have doubts about that one.

I know all to well who was 'out-coached' - No one - one team had the ball last and they won - the other team had one last possession and if Rod breaks a couple of tackles it may have been a different outcome...

Wilks caught two passes in the corner - another one WAS defended well and was incomplete - over 48 minutes of football - I'll take those numbers. Take away the 3rd quarter and how many snaps/chances did Rod have - not many.... He only touched the ball twice in the first half - someone is doing something right.

When you hold a team to 39 yards and 3 first downs in 24 minutes of football what is there to adjust? That is less than 20 yards a quarter! Smyrna's O-Line dominated Riverdale's D-Line almost as much as Lebanon's did - talk about football knowledge!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

And that interception in the 4th quarter was HUGE - Why didn't Smyrna just run three times for their normal-for-the-night -1 yard and milk 2 minutes off the clock and just punt Riverdale deep and hope it takes Riverdale more than 4 minutes to go 80+ yards? That is about the only questionable coaching decision I saw all night.

And I loved the fake punt call! I know Lebanon does! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Smyrna had several breaks/short fields in the 3rd quarter. But I am hoping that if we meet again we have the same 1st, 2nd and 4th quarters as last Friday and just hold serve in the 3rd - what are the odds of having a TD called back, a pass bad interference call and a fumbled kickoff happening next time? Bottom line is that Riverdale EARNED their 36 (really 40) points and Smryna had to scratch, claw and struggle for their 32...

Talking about adjustments, where were the adjustments to keep the Warriors from taking their last two possessions straight down the field?

u cant wait till next time why ? oh yea cause u lost and let me guess why u cant wait till nxt time cause you believe huh /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> what joke u need to make sure it is a next time for smyrna andifthere is im thinkingyour post will end something like i cant wait tilll next time ha ha ha

I know all to well who was 'out-coached' - No one - one team had the ball last and they won - the other team had one last possession and if Rod breaks a couple of tackles it may have been a different outcome...

Wilks caught two passes in the corner - another one WAS defended well and was incomplete - over 48 minutes of football - I'll take those numbers. Take away the 3rd quarter and how many snaps/chances did Rod have - not many.... He only touched the ball twice in the first half - someone is doing something right.

When you hold a team to 39 yards and 3 first downs in 24 minutes of football what is there to adjust? That is less than 20 yards a quarter! Smyrna's O-Line dominated Riverdale's D-Line almost as much as Lebanon's did - talk about football knowledge!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

And that interception in the 4th quarter was HUGE - Why didn't Smyrna just run three times for their normal-for-the-night -1 yard and milk 2 minutes off the clock and just punt Riverdale deep and hope it takes Riverdale more than 4 minutes to go 80+ yards? That is about the only questionable coaching decision I saw all night.

And I loved the fake punt call! I know Lebanon does! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Smyrna had several breaks/short fields in the 3rd quarter. But I am hoping that if we meet again we have the same 1st, 2nd and 4th quarters as last Friday and just hold serve in the 3rd - what are the odds of having a TD called back, a pass bad interference call and a fumbled kickoff happening next time? Bottom line is that Riverdale EARNED their 36 (really 40) points and Smryna had to scratch, claw and struggle for their 32...

Talking about adjustments, where were the adjustments to keep the Warriors from taking their last two possessions straight down the field?

Limbaugh,

Are you joking? If we are going to take away the 3rd quarter, how about taking away the 1st quarter. As for you being able to identify who or who did not make the adjustments, I think coming from someone who knows little about football strategies, your words seem very hollow. Keep running that mouth and you will see how quickly things can change. Go Dawgs!