So what 6-1a champs !

luvfootb

Wait a minute, HOLD THE PHONES!!! This poster is NOT a region 5 fan, not a region 1,2,3,4,7, or 8 fan. This poster is none other then a region 6 fan, a Mt Pleasant fan none the less. Click 'busted' to see for yourselves! hahahahah!

BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a tribute to the poster who started the thread!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfdmiQ5nSyQ

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not knocking region 6, i'm just replying to the statement so what 6-1a champs...yes, is indeed a big deal....and i said earlier you could change regions 4, 5, and 6 because they are all about even....I just put region 5 at the top because I thought they were a little deeper and I'm a little bias....I don't know or didn't know that the person starting the thread was a region 5 person.....but if he is he or she obviously does not know what they are talking about saying "so what".....

Wait a minute, HOLD THE PHONES!!! This poster is NOT a region 5 fan, not a region 1,2,3,4,7, or 8 fan. This poster is none other then a region 6 fan, a Mt Pleasant fan none the less. Click 'busted' to see for yourselves! hahahahah!

BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a tribute to the poster who started the thread!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfdmiQ5nSyQ

Nice investigating there Pred. Come down to the Stable early Friday for some tailgating. we are grilling devils!!!!

Go Champs /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Also is it not alot easier for a team like Mckinzie or Hampton to do good in the semis. Not saying that they are not good it is just they will only play teams from the east and west, which this year are weaker, espically Hampton.....when they get ready to play in the semis, the teams they are playing from Middle Tennessee have had 3 pretty tough weeks before hand, especially the round of 32 and 16.....the teams from Middle tennessee have no luxury of getting to set their starters out most of the third and all of the fourth for three straight playoff games...or at least the first two.....Does anyone else on see this... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

On talking about Hampton I would agree with you that they have a bit of an issue of playing east tennessee teams and then a middle tennessee teams. As for McKenzie, teams from out west appear to have no problem with teams from middle tennessee in the Semi's, heck I think they prefere it.

what i am saying with that is they come into the semis alot more rested and players not hurt than region 5 and 6 ,because they will not get to set out the second half of playoff games. Having to play the whole game 3 games takes a lot more chance of getting hurt that if you only played 2.5 quarters out of four for 3 games....I am not trying to make any excuses...I honestly think Mckinzie is a little better than any team in region 5 or 6, but I think they will also have a bigger shot of being healthy in the playoffs, and that is what really matters....If you have several guys out from the week before that will obviously make a tremendous change in the next week's game.

Once again , not excuses, JUST FACTS.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

what i am saying with that is they come into the semis alot more rested and players not hurt than region 5 and 6 ,because they will not get to set out the second half of playoff games. Having to play the whole game 3 games takes a lot more chance of getting hurt that if you only played 2.5 quarters out of four for 3 games....I am not trying to make any excuses...I honestly think Mckinzie is a little better than any team in region 5 or 6, but I think they will also have a bigger shot of being healthy in the playoffs, and that is what really matters....If you have several guys out from the week before that will obviously make a tremendous change in the next week's game.

Once again , not excuses, JUST FACTS.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

See I just have to disagree with you on that... I will use Hampton and JCS from last year as example's. Hampton's biggest margin of victory last year in the playoffs was 17 points i believe, as for JCS I think they won the first round game by 21. You will find that Jo Byrns and Mt. Pleasant weren't playing any closer games than that in the first round. And as far as the second and third round goes when FCS was playing a slobberknocker against Gordonsville Hampton was playing a huge game against Coalfield, While Jo Byrns Locked in a death Match with Mt. Pleasant JCS was escaping with a last second win over Lake County.

I understand that you feel that the middle tennessee regions have a harder time in the semi's because they have less players healthy or they aren't as well rested or whatever, but the fact is that teams comming out of West and East Tennessee aren't killing people in the playoffs, they are playing in games that are just as close as everyone else's. The teams from East Tennessee just haven't been as good as region 3 & 4, and the teams from West Tennessee have been alot better than region's 5 & 6.

I see what you are saying.....but this year those west tennessee teams are not like that.....from 7 besides Mckinzie all you have is bruceton and they are not all that good...region 8 on TCA and that is is.....no real games as far as I can see until the quarters for 7 and 8.....I think you guys have it about as bad as us though, your 1-3 seeds will get the first round give me's and then its region 4 vs region 4 and South Pitt.....does not look much better for you until the semis.....funny you guys coould have a blowout game in the semis and walk in to the state championship....but it will be a very hard round 2 and round 3...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> As far as last year goes....I do not know what happened to Jo Byrns....they were unreal.....I watched them play several times and though they were unstopable for a 1A team... I guess MP squeeked by them and maybe, MP did not show up against JCS, I do not think if Jo Byrns would have gotten there it would have been lop sided like that....Anyways that was the past, you can not change it, and where talking about the future and you can not predict it...so I guess we will see in a few weeks....Keep your eyes on how bad the scores are in west tennessee in the playoffs this year are though.......

Well lets have a breakdown of the "legitament" teams that will be in each quarter of the playoffs ok?

Regions 7 & 8

McKenzie, Bruceton, TCA,

Regions 5 & 6

Mt. Pleasant, Cascade, Jo Byrns,

Regions 4 & 5

South Pitt, Trousdale, Gordonsville, Friendship

Regions 1 & 2Hampton, Midway (And i really have no idea at all)

I don't see the argument. In all honesty I think you are just being a little biased towards regions 5 & 6, because there is no argument for a team from region 5 or 6 having a tougher road to the burro than anyone else.

Keep your eyes on how bad the scores are in west tennessee in the playoffs this year are though.......

I will. But I have a feeling that they won't blow anyone out until they play a region 5 or 6 team in the semi's.

because look at who everyone will play the first two rounds instead of rounds 3 and 4 and you will see....

region 5

Jo Byrns 7-1

Cascade 8-0

WHH 7-1

McEwen 6-2

region 6

MP 7-2

Collinwood 7-1

Wayne Co 7-2

Cornersville/ Moore Co. 5-3

BETTER RECORDS AGAINST JUST AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER TEAMS.....

Those all are pretty good teams, solid teams you just said MP could make it to the quarter finals and they got beat by a possible 4 seed maybe a team that will not even make the playoffs. WHH beat Jo Byrns the other night and 1 will be a 1 and the other a 3. Those are all ligit games....Even in the McEwen vs MP we will run the ball and play great d to keep it close, no real breaks.....

Now look at how the west will match up R 7&8

region 7

Mckinzie 7-1

Greenfield 4-4

Bruceton 5-3

Lake Co 5-3

region 8

TCA 6-2

Fayette Acad 3-5

Manassas 5-3

Halls 1-7

WORSE RECORDS AGAINST THE SAME OR WORSE TEAMS........ HALLS 1-7 AND A PLAYOFF TEAM...UNREAL...

The west tennessee teams drop off severely after the first team from each region, so they will both have a free run the first two weeks of the playoffs, then McKinzie will play TCA and that will be a ligit game...until then...NOTHING..

I am talking about how hard the first 4 weeks are not just quarters and semis.. HAVING TO PLAY 4 REAL GAMES IN A ROW IS A LOT MORE ROUGH ON A TEAM THAT ONLY HAS TO PLAY 2....TO GET TO THE STATE FINALS....