So what 6-1a champs !

luvfootb

because look at who everyone will play the first two rounds instead of rounds 3 and 4 and you will see....

region 5

Jo Byrns 7-1

Cascade 8-0

WHH 7-1

McEwen 6-2

region 6

MP 7-2

Collinwood 7-1

Wayne Co 7-2

Cornersville/ Moore Co. 5-3

I am talking about how hard the first 4 weeks are not just quarters and semis.. HAVING TO PLAY 4 REAL GAMES IN A ROW IS A LOT MORE ROUGH ON A TEAM THAT ONLY HAS TO PLAY 2....TO GET TO THE STATE FINALS....

The only reason that the playoff teams in region 5 all have such good records is because it is a 10 team region. They play one... ONE... non-region game so there is absolutely no way to gauge how good the region actually is until the playoffs. They claim to be good and beat up on each other but historically it isn't that great of a region and without non-region games nobody really knows how good they are.

I'm pretty much done arguing this. I should have known better than to go against my own judgement and try and get into a discussion with a Region 5 poster. Your nice statement in BLUE pretty much claims that regions 5 & 6 have the toughest road to state. it's biased and not based on anything other than overall records which can be skewed. Not saying that those regions aren't tough and believe me I wouldn't want to play Jo Byrns and then Mt. Pleasant in back to back weeks. But it isn't any harder to get out of those regions alive than it is any others. It is the playoffs, not supposed to be a cakewalk like some teams regular seasons.

I wish whatever team you root for the best of luck. If you have anything based on more than just oppinion then bring it on in, but this stuff of "McKewen, WHH, Moore County and Wayne County are tougher first round games than Lake County or Bruceton" just don't cut it for me.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really do not know how I would show you, I'm not some redneck poster who knows nothing of the world outside of western middle tennessee.....I agreed with you about something like one page back....Their really is not anything you can use to judge except when they play each other..... and the lower seeded playoff teams from west tennnessee will not ever play some lower seeded playoff team from around nashville or murfresboro, not because they are scared because of geography.....It's not that big of a deal though, it is just talk, you do not have to throw a fit.....AS far as 9 teams in the region, I wish we did not have community and MTCS, they are awful and hurt exactly what you are talking about.... I like to compare things that will rarely happen, and that is the problem with that, they rarely happen...... by the way.....REgion 5 1A could beat the SEC any day of the week.....lol....

I know some region 5 guys hate to bring up the past, but the bottom line is region 5 has to show they can play with region 6 in the playoffs, and either a region 5 or region 6 foe has to prove they can beat a west tennesse team to get to the final. Its that simple. You can show all the records you want, but until these teams put up, they need to shut up. You dont hear MP or JB firing off on west tn teams because they havent beat them yet.

When you look at losses with in region 6, two of the losses have come from Lewis County which is unbeaten and ranked in the top 5 in 2A. MTP lost to LC and WC lost to LC. The other losses are just like Region 5's losses all within the region except MC's loss to Cascade. It appears that Region 6 is as good as Region 5 and the playoffs should be very close games. Who knows JB could loose this week again and then Cascade could get a loss next week as well. Then what?