5 and 4a State Chamionship Predictions

knightman

5A:

East TN

Region 2 is loaded with quality teams. Farragut, Oak Ridge, William Blount, Ooltewah, and McMinn. Region 1 has one dominant team and then the rest. It's a shame that the region 2 teams will have to eliminate each other to get to the dance ... but that's the way the cookie crumbles. It's so competative, it's hard to pick ... but pick I will. I'm going to say that after the 1st round, the only region one team left will be Bearden ... and they lose in the 2nd round to a region 2 team ... after the dust settles ... Farragut wins to play in the semi-final. (This could also be WB or OR). Looking at regions 3 and 4 reveal similarities to 1 and 2 ... except, region 3 doesn't have a dominant team. In fact ... two of region 3's top teams can attribute at least one of their losses to the lower echelon region 4 teams. That being said ... I see all region 4 teams facing each other after the 1st round with the third round game comming down to Riverdale vs either Smyrna or Wilson Central with Riverdale winning that game to play against Farragut. Since Riverdale has done this before ... I'm going with Riverdale in the state title game.

West TN

Looking at regions 5 and 6 I don't get the feel that there is a really dominant team in either region. They have all been a little inconsistant at the beginning of the season. That being said ... I'm picking Hunter's Lane to reach the semi final game from those two regions. Region 7 has an undefeated Millington that is dominant. the rest of the region is comprised of decent, but not dominant teams. Region 8 has two dominant teams in White Station and Whitehaven and two good team in Collierville and Houston. The first round will have Millington, Whitehaven, Houston and White Station advancing to the 2nd round. 2nd round has Whitehaven beating Millington to face White Station in the 3rd round. Whitehaven beats White Station to play and beat Hunters Lane in the semi-final to face Riverdale in the state championship game.

There you have it.

Side note: in my opinion ... The west representative will be either White Station, Millington or Whitehaven ... I just picked Whitehaven because ... they have a shot and i'm an alumn. Yes, I'm being a homer ... but they are a legitamite contender.

I think the cookie will be in the oven to long and atleast two region one teams will stand after the first round.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saying Farragut does not have the total package can go both ways. Sterling is the total package. Best rb in the state any classification IMO. They lack more in the passing game than anything which could hurt them down the road. But even if you know Sterling is the only thing they have you just cant stop him. he is that good. But I look for WB and Farragut to meet again in the 3rd round I believe it would be. 5a State Champ....the William Blount Governors

i dont see how WB people talk like they are going to beat farragut when you see them again after they have already beat you i hope you guys keep lookin down the road to us

What I dont get is how Farragut thinks they will beat us twice. Yeah it happened last year but WB is a different team. Farraguts Defense is not even in the same category as WB's. Yeah their offense is explosive but trust me the second time around will be a different story.

What I dont get is how Farragut thinks they will beat us twice. Yeah it happened last year but WB is a different team. Farraguts Defense is not even in the same category as WB's. Yeah their offense is explosive but trust me the second time around will be a different story.

There is no way WB will beat Farragut in a rematch if Farragut gets beat this week.

well whatever category they are in its good enough to beat you

Good post good post good post everybody!

I know what your thinking oh no another govenor fan, but i'm going to tell my predictions and i'll be fair.

We don't really know how these last weeks are going to end up but going by the rankings now is how i'm going to do it.

If the Governors want to make it all the way then they have to play every second of every game. We need everyone healthy and clicking on all cylinders.

Farragut's rolling and with Sterling it helps them even more.

Riverdale is always going to be a contender and everyone even if they do not want to admit it knows it.

So this is how my cookie crumbles:

Governors and Admirals play in the Quarter-finals. The winner of this game will win the state title.This will be the game of the year.I think it will be a show down.

Riverdale will march on to the Semifinals and either play WB or Farragut.(either one but I'm going with the govs.)

Govs will march on to the State and play White Station.

Govs will win by two touchdowns.

Now If the admirals beat the govs then they will march on to hold up the gold ball.

But watch out for Riverdale they can get in there and kill you at any time.

And in 4a Maryville has it big.

Lets watch some football /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Go Govs!

u say WB will march into state like its so easy to do if it was so easy so WB to make it then why are they not undefeated