5 and 4a State Chamionship Predictions

knightman

Delusional WB fans.... what makes you think your AMAZING, UNBLOCKABLE,AND DOWN RIGHT RUTHLESS Defense could possibly contain Andre... I mean come on... Let's get real here sure you have a great team, but I think the strength of the team lies on the Offensive side of the ball... And with the adjustments and personal changes Farragut has made to correct it's deficiencies it will be tougher for you to move the ball... While you might not give up 306 yards this time, you sure as heck aren't going to bring Andre to a screeching halt... With all that said... Billy Blount will beat the ###### out of everyone until the Farragut playoff game, which will be a hard fought game... I think it will be Farragut on top in the end just like last time...

Don't take offense in this and make this a fight... come back with a counterpoint... by the way Garner is one heckuva player...

As for my predictions

4A Maryville over Hillsboro

5A Farragut or Riverdale over a lesser opponent ( not handing Farragut a win over Riverdale just yet... need some info on them, havent seen them play, anyone care to elaborate?)

Counterpoint. What makes you think that WB would not make some adjustments as well? And please tell me that the adjustments you spoke of Farragut making came after Ooltewah hung 41 on the Admirals. (WB held Ooltewah to 0). Farraguts defense is giving up 21.5 points a game. Gave up 24 to West, 28 to Bearden, 24 to McMinn, 35 to WB, and 41 to Ooltewah. You did hold Central and Bradley to 7 and only gave up 6 to Heritage.

Granted your offense is ranked 2nd in the state in scoring at 38.62 points per game and WB is only ranked 8th with at 28.62 points.

WB on the other hand has only given up 93 points, or 11.6 points per game. 36 of those to Farragut, and certainly to an outstanding running back in Sterling. Even with Sterling running for 300 yards and Farragut scoring 36, it came down to a failed 2 point conversion on WB's part, after Farragut scored on a 75+ yard run by Sterling with 42 seconds left in the game, and then allowed WB to go 65 yards to score in 32 seconds.

So to say that WB fans are delusional is a little bit out there. Is Farragut tough? Sure. Will it be tough to beat them? Sure. Can they be beat? Sure. (McMinn Co.) Can WB beat them? Sure. Will they? Don't know. I hope we are still around though and have that opportunity. It would be alot of fun.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion after seeing all their games so far this year, Farragut's defensive problems do not stem from ability, or scheme. It has to do with their lack of a killer instinct. In every game this year Farragut has had the opportunity to win every game comfortably, but the defense has let them down in the fourth quarter. The loss to McMinn, the WB game, and the Ooltewah game all could have been comfortable wins except when the game was on the line the other teams stunk it up and made plays. That's something that has to come from inside each player, ability and scheme rarely figure in when the game is on the line. Farragut's defense had better find a way to reach down inside in crucial situations, or I don't think they will go very far in the playoffs. As pointed out by others on here, there is no problem scoring points, Sterling and Martland will see to that. The defense needs to find the mental toughness to finish teams in the fourth.

Since Tennessee HS plays in region 1, they could never meet Maryville for the 4A title. They could meet in a semifinal matchup, however.

HAHA I know bro. Way to ruin my fun. I was just trying to get some reactions out of people. lol. But on the real though, Maryville wins 4a hands down no problem.

region6 4A is the best region in 4A, no one in the mix from there? hmm.... it will be surprising to see who ends up playing maryville...

region 54a has fell off a bit this year .. but still good enough to handle 6 4a .. this not going to be lucky strike like you had last year ... thats right ..come on playoffs!!!!

I don't get it...is Maryville a machine or are they not a group of teenagers playing high school football like all the rest? Any team has a weakness. It is up to the opposing team to find it and exploit it. You guys act like who ever plays Maryville has already lost. Very interesting... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />