5 and 4a State Chamionship Predictions

knightman

I don't get it...is Maryville a machine or are they not a group of teenagers playing high school football like all the rest? Any team has a weakness. It is up to the opposing team to find it and exploit it. You guys act like who ever plays Maryville has already lost. Very interesting... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Machine

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Counterpoint. What makes you think that WB would not make some adjustments as well? And please tell me that the adjustments you spoke of Farragut making came after Ooltewah hung 41 on the Admirals. (WB held Ooltewah to 0). Farraguts defense is giving up 21.5 points a game. Gave up 24 to West, 28 to Bearden, 24 to McMinn, 35 to WB, and 41 to Ooltewah. You did hold Central and Bradley to 7 and only gave up 6 to Heritage.Granted your offense is ranked 2nd in the state in scoring at 38.62 points per game and WB is only ranked 8th with at 28.62 points.WB on the other hand has only given up 93 points, or 11.6 points per game. 36 of those to Farragut, and certainly to an outstanding running back in Sterling. Even with Sterling running for 300 yards and Farragut scoring 36, it came down to a failed 2 point conversion on WB's part, after Farragut scored on a 75+ yard run by Sterling with 42 seconds left in the game, and then allowed WB to go 65 yards to score in 32 seconds. So to say that WB fans are delusional is a little bit out there. Is Farragut tough? Sure. Will it be tough to beat them? Sure. Can they be beat? Sure. (McMinn Co.) Can WB beat them? Sure. Will they? Don't know. I hope we are still around though and have that opportunity. It would be alot of fun.

First of all... Great post.. liked the facts without all the personal attacks we are accustomed to seeing.....I do think you are correct in saying that WBs defense is much better than Farragut... But as you can see even the best defenses have extreme trouble in bottling up Sterling... sure you can make adjustments... Interesting tid bit on that... Sterling was more impressive in all of the repeat games last year against opponents than in the original game... except Ooltewah... Farragut was blowing Ooltewah out the other night and our Defense just let them back in the game... If we can shore up the Defense this team could do somethin special... Our D Line is playin outstanding right now... LBs aren't too shabby but the secondary needs some serious help... WB will be a very hard faught game if both teams make it to the quarter finals which I'm anticipating happening... It's a darn shame we aren't on opposite ends of the playoff bracket... they really need to look into doin somethin like that bc region 2 teams always end up playin each other in the second round and the quarter finals bc we just dominate region 1... Enough for my ranting.... Thank you though TVGov you are alot more level headed and professional than some of the other WB fans i have talked with...

Maryville over Henry Co.(surprise team from the west who has a easy walk to the semis)Riverdale over White StationThe real 5a championship will be in the semis Riverdale vs William Blount, Riverdale wins to go on to final to beat White Station by 10+

Again what is with everyone just giving WB the advantage over a team that has already BEATEN them in Farragut... are you a WB fan and biased or what???

I think we will see another 6- 5a team in the championship game this year... 6-5a has been a very weird region with lots of losses but it is still a strong region.

I couldn't disagree more. I say that to say: a region 6 team will make the semi finals, but that's due to the downplay in region 5 as well. A region 6 team will make the semi finals and loose by over 30 points to a team from Memphis(possibly White Station). Region 5 and 6 are down this year and it's evident in the play(but region 6 more than region 5 is in a down year).

I think the bottom halves of both the 5A and 4A bracket are up for grabs. I think Hillsboro is more vulnerable this year than in years past. Middle TN will host the semifinals in the lower halves. And yes, 6-5A is a scary region and you will never know who will emerge from the West.

4A:

East TN

I'm a Memphis guy taking a stab at this and here is how I see it. Looking at records and who beat who and who lost to who, it appears to me that in the east, the most competative region is region 1. Regions 3 and 4 each have a dominant team that is head and shoulders above the rest in Red Bank and Maryville. From my observation, I think region 2 is the weakest of the 4. Therefore, I'm willing to say that winner of the region 1 vs 2 preliminary rounds will result in a region 1 team facing the winner of the Red Bank / Maryville game in the semi-final. I think the winner of the Red Bank/Maryville game beats whoever comes from the the region 1 vs 2 grouping. I know Maryville is the state favorite to win ... but Red Bank could represent the east also. Since Maryville is the reigning champ ... I'll go with them until they are beat, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Red Bank in the state title game.

West TN

This side of the state is harder to pick. There are no clear cut favorites because each of the four regions are competative ... so ... here goes. The region 5 vs 6 region will go with the seeds in the first round. After that, it's anybody's game. I see MJ vs Maplewood in round 2 with the winner facing off against the winner of the Hillsboro/Clarksville game. I'm going with seeds again pitting MJ against Hillsboro in the 3rd round. Since Hillsboro represented the west last year ... I'm picking them to beat MJ. If MJ wins, i'm not shocked though. Region 7 vs 8 will result in Henry Co winning their 1st round while 3 region 8 teams advance into the second round. The 2nd round will have Henry Co beating Fairley to face the winner of the Kingsbury/Melrose game ... and I'm picking Melrose. The third round will have Henry facing Melrose and I'm picking Melrose in this one. The winner of the Melrose/Hillsboro game will face Maryville ... and I'm going to pick Melrose to represent the West this year.

Yes ... I'm being a homer. LOL

Side note: Henry Co. and Mt. Juliet could both be in the 1/4 finals playing each other. It's that close in the west. I just picked Hillsboro because of past history and I picked Melrose for the same reason even though they lost to Henry Co in the 2nd round last year. There are too many good regions filled with capable teams.

I'll do 5A later.