5 and 4a State Chamionship Predictions

knightman

Maryville over Henry Co.(surprise team from the west who has a easy walk to the semis)

Riverdale over White Station

The real 5a championship will be in the semis Riverdale vs William Blount, Riverdale wins to go on to final to beat White Station by 10+

I like this prediction in 4A, except the final outcome - being a Henry County fan. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" But our Coach (former Oak Ridge Gold Ball coach) also knows how to get it done come playoff time. However, it may not be such an easy a walk as it seems to the semis. There are three quality teams coming out of Region 8, and Melrose is one of those teams that also knows how to get it done come playoff time...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5A:

East TN

Region 2 is loaded with quality teams. Farragut, Oak Ridge, William Blount, Ooltewah, and McMinn. Region 1 has one dominant team and then the rest. It's a shame that the region 2 teams will have to eliminate each other to get to the dance ... but that's the way the cookie crumbles. It's so competative, it's hard to pick ... but pick I will. I'm going to say that after the 1st round, the only region one team left will be Bearden ... and they lose in the 2nd round to a region 2 team ... after the dust settles ... Farragut wins to play in the semi-final. (This could also be WB or OR). Looking at regions 3 and 4 reveal similarities to 1 and 2 ... except, region 3 doesn't have a dominant team. In fact ... two of region 3's top teams can attribute at least one of their losses to the lower echelon region 4 teams. That being said ... I see all region 4 teams facing each other after the 1st round with the third round game comming down to Riverdale vs either Smyrna or Wilson Central with Riverdale winning that game to play against Farragut. Since Riverdale has done this before ... I'm going with Riverdale in the state title game.

West TN

Looking at regions 5 and 6 I don't get the feel that there is a really dominant team in either region. They have all been a little inconsistant at the beginning of the season. That being said ... I'm picking Hunter's Lane to reach the semi final game from those two regions. Region 7 has an undefeated Millington that is dominant. the rest of the region is comprised of decent, but not dominant teams. Region 8 has two dominant teams in White Station and Whitehaven and two good team in Collierville and Houston. The first round will have Millington, Whitehaven, Houston and White Station advancing to the 2nd round. 2nd round has Whitehaven beating Millington to face White Station in the 3rd round. Whitehaven beats White Station to play and beat Hunters Lane in the semi-final to face Riverdale in the state championship game.

There you have it.

Side note: in my opinion ... The west representative will be either White Station, Millington or Whitehaven ... I just picked Whitehaven because ... they have a shot and i'm an alumn. Yes, I'm being a homer ... but they are a legitamite contender.

4a-Maryville over hillsboro by atleast 2 tds

5a-Riverdale over Franklin by 10 or more

if franklin can get there offense straight i see them winning or making it a close game

i think franklin defense is in the top 5 in the state in my book and if they can get their offense to be like their defense they will be unstoppable in the playoffs

I like this prediction in 4A, except the final outcome - being a Henry County fan. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" But our Coach (former Oak Ridge Gold Ball coach) also knows how to get it done come playoff time. However, it may not be such an easy a walk as it seems to the semis. There are three quality teams coming out of Region 8, and Melrose is one of those teams that also knows how to get it done come playoff time...

That's what I'm talking about Drew!!!! Henry County will make it this year from the West. Hillsboro is not as good this year and the memphis teams are not that good either. Henry County is for real and we have a coach who has been there before. I see us playing a close game with Maryville and Maryville winning state AGAIN /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I'm telling you Henry County is for real. Just wait and see /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

where can you find these rankings

Hunter

You can find these on the TSSAA web page. It list all the different regions in all classifications. It also list points scored and points allowed.

Farragut does stand a pretty good shot at winning the state. Alot of football left to play however. Farragut in a cake walk this Friday. Next Friday a little more difficult with Oak Ridge although you will be favored and should win. First round in the playoffs would be fairly straight forward as it stands now. Probably would play Jefferson County. Second round would start to get a little more interesting.

Again, here's hoping to see Farragut in the semi-finals. WB has to take care of their own business first though. Win out (Bradley and Heritage). Play Campbell Co. first round of playoffs. Then possibly have to travel to Bearden. Certainly would not be an easy task. WB not afraid to go on the road an win playoff games however, as evidence by the trip to then #1 ranked Kingsport DB last year. Bearden would be a tough challenge. If we are fortunate to get through those, then we could worry about Farragut. Just tryin to get there first.

Good luck to the Admirals, although as a Gov fan it would be nice to see Oak Ridge knock you guys off so we could win the region. Not betting the farm on that one though.

TVGov

4a-Maryville over hillsboro by atleast 2 tds

5a-Riverdale over Franklin by 10 or more

if franklin can get there offense straight i see them winning or making it a close game

i think franklin defense is in the top 5 in the state in my book and if they can get their offense to be like their defense they will be unstoppable in the playoffs

If franklin can make it to the playoffs, They need to win out and I think get a little help to make playoffs. 6-5a is a weird region this year!

I couldn't disagree more. I say that to say: a region 6 team will make the semi finals, but that's due to the downplay in region 5 as well. A region 6 team will make the semi finals and loose by over 30 points to a team from Memphis(possibly White Station). Region 5 and 6 are down this year and it's evident in the play(but region 6 more than region 5 is in a down year).

There is no way a region 6 team loses by 30+ points in the semi's if they get that far.

I wish 1-5A was more competitive. The last few years it's seemed that 2-5A has swept them in the first round. I guess it shows how strong a region 2-5A is but I really want to see some of the other teams. I would love to see Farragut and DB play, haven't see DB play in a few years. Also would love to see Farragut play Karns, they removed us from their schedule years ago when Fulkerson was their Head Coach. A 5A team 5 minutes from us and they refuse to play us. For all our talk about the great 5A teams in E.Tenn we haven't made too much noise as far as Championships go. Who was the last 5A team from E. Tenn. to win a Championship? Sevier Co. in 1999, then Oak Ridge in 1991 (Class 3A)? Am I missing anyone?