McMinn Central

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checking to see how the girls are doing or going to do this year?

Best I can tell is same as years before. It will look like they are struggling in the early season.

But if you look at thier schedule, their first 5 games are all AAA schools including Alcoa, Heritage

and Maryville. If they are going to go big, it will be this year and next. They still have the same

core team, Jordan, Davis, Lambert, Elder, Simbeck and add in there Purkey and a new tall fast

Freshman. It will be another good year.

I don't think that you'll see the struggling beginning this year like you have in the past. The struggle in the past stemmed from Coach Morgan giving the upper classmen a chance to prove they belonged in the starting line up. This ended up settling itself by the 3rd or 4th week as spots were earned, and the team started to gel. This year, I think that you will see the starting 5 coming out being very close to the 5 that will carry the team through this year. Jordan, Lambert, and Lee are anchored in the starting 5, with Davis, Elder, McNutt, and Simbeck taking time in the last 2 spots. I think that Elder and McNutt will get the first shot at starting, but if Davis plays for Coach Morgan like she did during the AAU Nationals, she will be the "ALL STAR" of this team. She was awesome. So if she plays like that, I think that Elder may be bumped to 6 man. And McNutt and Simbeck are so close as to who's better, it's a coin toss. With Jordan and Lambert's tendency to get into foul trouble, there will be several minutes available for other players to get time playing. Plus, with the fast pace "run and gun" (can we say that now?) style, there will be several minutes of rest time for the other players as well. The thing about this team is that they really can go 9 deep and not miss to much as far as skill and talent. The girls on this bench would start for any other school in our district, or region. The only team that will keep them from going to the "boro" this year will be the Chargerettes. But, that's the only team that kept them from going last year. The only weakness that this team suffers from that I can think of is disbelief in themselves. If you can believe that.

I The girls on this bench would start for any other school in our district, or region. The only team that will keep them from going to the "boro" this year will be the Chargerettes.

They are a good team but i think they will have there hands full with Polk, but i belive it will be McMinn and Sequatchie meeting up in the region Championship again but i think the out come will be Diffrent this year

I don't think that you'll see the struggling beginning this year like you have in the past. The struggle in the past stemmed from Coach Morgan giving the upper classmen a chance to prove they belonged in the starting line up. This ended up settling itself by the 3rd or 4th week as spots were earned, and the team started to gel. This year, I think that you will see the starting 5 coming out being very close to the 5 that will carry the team through this year. Jordan, Lambert, and Lee are anchored in the starting 5, with Davis, Elder, McNutt, and Simbeck taking time in the last 2 spots. I think that Elder and McNutt will get the first shot at starting, but if Davis plays for Coach Morgan like she did during the AAU Nationals, she will be the "ALL STAR" of this team. She was awesome. So if she plays like that, I think that Elder may be bumped to 6 man. And McNutt and Simbeck are so close as to who's better, it's a coin toss. With Jordan and Lambert's tendency to get into foul trouble, there will be several minutes available for other players to get time playing. Plus, with the fast pace "run and gun" (can we say that now?) style, there will be several minutes of rest time for the other players as well. The thing about this team is that they really can go 9 deep and not miss to much as far as skill and talent. The girls on this bench would start for any other school in our district, or region. The only team that will keep them from going to the "boro" this year will be the Chargerettes. But, that's the only team that kept them from going last year. The only weakness that this team suffers from that I can think of is disbelief in themselves. If you can believe that.

I agree they will be very strong as long as they "play". In the years past Coach Morgan did seperate them at the first of the season, but this year will be different. These girls have been playing together for a long time. They will do very well. They won't have a problem with anyone but themselves. They need to play for themselves not Coach Morgan or their parents. McNutt stepped up last year. If Lee will not play like she's scared like she did in Districts and Regions she will be a big asset to the team. Lambert and Jordan will be the key players as long as they stay out of foul trouble. If Davis can kept Morgan out of her head she'll be a hard one to stop. She has a nice outside shot. The rest will come in the starting 5. It's always tough to try to pick the starting 5. Because you never know with Morgan. They have tons of talent and if they put their minds to it they will go all the way. No one in district or region can stop them. Good luck Chargerettes!

I agree they will be very strong as long as they "play". In the years past Coach Morgan did seperate them at the first of the season, but this year will be different. These girls have been playing together for a long time. They will do very well. They won't have a problem with anyone but themselves. They need to play for themselves not Coach Morgan or their parents. McNutt stepped up last year. If Lee will not play like she's scared like she did in Districts and Regions she will be a big asset to the team. Lambert and Jordan will be the key players as long as they stay out of foul trouble. If Davis can kept Morgan out of her head she'll be a hard one to stop. She has a nice outside shot. The rest will come in the starting 5. It's always tough to try to pick the starting 5. Because you never know with Morgan. They have tons of talent and if they put their minds to it they will go all the way. No one in district or region can stop them. Good luck Chargerettes!

I agree, McNutt has worked very hard during the off season and I think you will see a BIG difference in some of the girls due to the weight program they have been on this past year.

From when I have seen them play in the past two years, the only reason Jordan and Lambert stay in foul trouble is because they are the only two that play any defence for the team. With their speed and quickness Davis and Lee need to hang around a little longer on the defence end of the court. Maybe this will year will be better. When you play 100% man to man and press 90% of the time, EVERYBODY must play defence. That is what really wins the game. Hey ! I heard they got one of them there "cool air" machines over there now.

Can someone explain how Coach Morgan can coach AAU basketball. I thought coaches were not suppose to be involved.

Coach Morgan did'nt coach any AAU. McNutt and Lambert played for the 16 Intense with no MC coaches involved.

Davis, Sembeck, Purkey, Williams and then Jordan played for a very good 15 TN Hoopstars who finished 10th out of 32 teams at the 15 AAU Nationals, other players were from Polk, Walker Valley, and Sequoyah. Obviously Morgan would not coach these players from other schools.

Think you ar confused on previous post that meant if Davis plays for Morgan like she did for the Hoopstar team that she would be very good.

They are a good team but i think they will have there hands full with Polk, but i belive it will be McMinn and Sequatchie meeting up in the region Championship again but i think the out come will be Diffrent this year

I think your right outcome will be different, Central by 10 or more this time.

They play in a much tougher district which will have them ready for the end of the season, while Sequatchie will not be battle tested in a much weaker district.