Reg 2 Dist. 4 A

catmommy

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I said that Coalfield would beat Wartburg without any problem.

Wartburg won 57-31 in an impressive game by all accounts. I didn't see the game because I was at Oakdale but would love to hear how the lady dogs were able to win. I had heard that they were down by 10 or more in the first quarter. That is amazing! I felt like Coalfield was a State Tourney contender after their close game with Oakdale. Is Wartburg as good as this score shows.

Oakdale beat Monterey last night and looked pretty good at times. ODell is a threat but she isn't scoring like I'ld like to see. I felt like our guards could have played better but Monterey probably had something to do with that.

I think it was like Coach Davis said on the radio. We have been in some tough environments Pickett Co., Clarkrange, and it has made us a better team.

Coalfield had a hard time dealing with the fact that Wartburg wouldn't go away when they got behind early. IMO, Coalfield is one of the toughest places to come from behind. Wartburg did it by being patient on offense and taking The Lady Jackets out of their half court offense by running a few different looks.

Wartburg made a lot of adjustments after the first quarter and it became very hard for Coalfield to score.

Of course this is just an opinion, but it appears the teams fortunes in the district are following a similiar pattern to how the teams faired in Jr. High. Oliver Springs was the front runner every year that Christopher was leading them. Oakdale, Oneida, and Wartburg were probably next in line in some order. Oakdale has remained fairly intact as a unit and that may be, more than any other, the reason they continue to be a solid #2. Oneida, dispite winning a conference championship, hasn't faired as well after several players from that team decided not to continue their playing career in High School. They would have at least three more solid players (juniors) on their team if they had continued. Wartburg, too, was always "in the hunt". And they appear to be jelling as a unit. I would expect this team to be a tough draw come tournament time. Coalfield has a good coach and the players she has to work with are definitely solid. They might surprise a few later on in the year, too! Just some thoughts to ponder!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kaz /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />