Reg 2 Dist. 4 A

catmommy

Will any of these teams be able to handle Oliver Springs this year?

Wartburg - New Coach with ALOT of upperclassman

Oakdale - Returns eveyone from last years team

Oneida - Lost all starters but maybe 1 very young

Sunbright - New Coach 1 very good player the rest young

Coalfield - Lost 1 starter from last year team still young

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as bad as i hate to say it. this district will be very tough this year. Oakdale will be very good. They return everyone from a team that sent O.S into overtime at oakdale last year. Wartburg should also be good, but new coach may hold them back for a little while until they get used to his techniques. OS returns two starters. Christopher and Barger, and many others who got a lot of playing time last year. This district really gets to see what they're mad of this year early when O.S travels to Jackson County and Oakdale travels to Clarkrange .

It will be interesting. I couldn't begin to rank from top to bottom, but I do predict Oliver Springs and Oakdale to be in the upper portion. However, one never knows.

Oakdale does return all starters and that usually is to a teams advantage since these girls have been playing together for all these years. That coupled with a great coach, Snow, they are going to be hungry for a long awaited district title shot for starters.

Oliver Springs brings back the one two punch of Christopher and Barger. Christopher is such a player that she makes the players around her good too. This being said you know they are in the hunt for a third title in a row.

Wartbug does return several good players and it will be interesting to see how the Lady Dogs fair with a new coach after the program being under the direction of Dallas for so many years. That is some pretty tough shoes to fill.

Oneida did loose 6 to graduation last year being 5 starters and the 6th man. A few return with a lot of experience however despite the loss. This coupled with their youth and Coach West...need I say more. He has proven himself time and time again. Don't count them out.

Sunbright returns several with a lot of playing time under their belts. Not sure who and anything about who is coaching the team but they are unpredictible. We can not underestimate them.

Coalfield returns a bunch also. A young talented bunch from last year that will be fighting their way up. We know their coach will have them ready.

None the less...GOOD LUCK to all teams in this district. Play hard and make your school proud as you have in the past.

Step up to the challenge at hand and shoot for the top.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I am pretty sure that Wartburg plays Clarkrange in a home and away series. That will be a good early look at how ready the dogs are and how ready their coach is. 0-0 versus 700plus wins! That should be a neat contrast. I'm not saying that if they do not beat Clarkrange that their coach is not ready, but if they play the buffs tough then you've got to feel that the team is in good hands.

Oliver Springs is without a doubt the best team in the district. Christopher is the best single player and Barger plays her position very well.

Oakdale should be good. They have a very big team and are solid.

Oneida is always there at the end. Wildcard

Sunbright is very young.

Coalfield has a great amount of talent and youth could be there at the end.

I am pretty sure that Wartburg plays Clarkrange in a home and away series. That will be a good early look at how ready the dogs are and how ready their coach is. 0-0 versus 700plus wins! That should be a neat contrast. I'm not saying that if they do not beat Clarkrange that their coach is not ready, but if they play the buffs tough then you've got to feel that the team is in good hands.

I don't really think that you should judge the Wartburg team based on two basically meaningless games versus CRange. Look at their total body of work and understand that this year there will be an odd team out.

The way I see it Oakdale returns the best overall team, then O.S., then Coalfield, and then Wartburg. If the dogs crack the top three again this year I think that's about all you should expect. They will not win the district this season.

I think it's Oakdale / O.S as the two best teams.

Random thoughts about the upcoming season

1. Look for O'Dell to avg over 18 ppg and around 12 rebs. She could be the Dist MVP

2. Christopher will score 20 or more a game

3. Coalfield's Landrum will be the best PG in the dist

4. Fred Snow is your Coach of the year

5. Oneida will beat out Wartburg for the 3rd spot in the Dist Tournamnet

6. Oakdale makes it to the boro along with O.S.

7. Wartburg will be good but not great. Too many ego's wearing blue and white this year!!!

Truley, Oakdale does RETURN the best team. Thats saying a lot considering im from OS. But i think aunt m will have her 3 new starters ready to play. I cant wait till season starts. The 7 points i total agree but number one. As of monday, its basketball time in O.S and i cant wait to see them play on saturday in Franklin County. They will take on Austin East, Smyrna, and Columbia Central.

So OS does open up this Saturday? I too am eager to get started. It may take the Lady Indians several games and maybe even this year to jell and form together as one unit. Not saying anything at all about any girls individually it's just that when you loose 6 top players and you only had 12 that is a deep hole to fill. It is going to take the ones returnnig to feel out their place on the team and the youngsters will have to also as well as stepping up to feel lost shoes. For the newcombers it will also require the acceptance of the program ran by Coach West. Things can get pretty hard nosed but that's the way I like it. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. I truely believe this team will offer up some surprises to many of the teams we will face.

I have no doubt that their team goals that will be set will aim high as they do each year. This is always a good thing to do. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Starting Monday, Oct 29 it's the real deal. Aside from the 6 we return we now have 6 new freshman most of which contributed much to the success of the Oneida Middle School's success. Traveling from Germany we have a 6'3" girl that does have potential. She is working hard to adjust to the faster paced sport of basketball vs the handball that she played in Germany. Also on the team this season will be another German exchange student that recently finished soccer. Don't have a clue about athletic ability but if she works hard we can use her.

What I do know for sure is, we have a few girls who have improved by leaps and bounds from last season. Both veteran and rookie players. Some include the three cousins of N.Lay, K.Lay, A.Love. Back up pointguard L.Chitwood. J Sexton can be a versitile player, D Robbins has improved a whole lot and is much stronger in the post. M.Boshears has improved her speed by leaps and bounds and can shoot the lights out of it when left for a second. A.Huff and T.Stephens have both inproved in various aspects of their game and in continuing to do so will see significant time on the hardwood if they follow Coach's plan for them. Another rookie to the OHS team is the third in line of the "Bond" sisters. May be the best of the three. SHe has the speed and can shoot inside and out. K.Kidd is a new comer to the Oneida program. Has the heart to want to and if she continues her physical drive will prove to be an assett to the team as well.

Sometimes having a team like this one that actually challenges the coaches comes together united to form a better team that one would think.

The next two classes of girls coming up after this year will help us build up our numbers and thus the hunt for the road trip to the BORO.

Thanks to all the supporters in our district. We love you guys being there and backing us up whether we win or wether we loose. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Good Luck OHS Lady Indians...make us proud /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Big D!!!!! Long time, no see. What's going on in Franklin Co.? How are prospects in Morgan Co.? Everyone knows Freddy Snow has got everyone back and the Eagle Faithful should have some pretty "jacked" expectations of them this year. Oliver Springs has the return of the phenom back and she will keep them in every game they play. Why? Because she is the table setter, clutch, and no one else in the conference brings as much to their team night in and night out. Oh yeah.....Barger is pretty good, too! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Wartburg has mucho experience with a coach that must learn as he goes. He was a solid coach in the minor leagues, so all he needs is Big League experience. Simple, huh? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Oneida is gonna have to be a little patient because the whole cast is gonna be breaking new ground this season. N. Lay is the most experienced player returning, after that, the rest of the crew is green.(but eager to make their mark) Expect this team to improve as the year goes on, but there is no telling where they will finish. Sunbright looks like they might have something in a couple of years, everything else is kinda wait and see. Who Knows, they might take someone down if they decide not to come play that night! Then Coalfield....the coach is too good for this team to end up in the cellar. With that being said, look for this crew to surprise a number of teams. Can A. Jordan become a PT Player, or is she just going to be a bust? We'll find out soon enough. Look forward to our "talks" Dave!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kaz /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Kaz,

There is a playday at FC this saturday I think.

For some reason I found myself walking with a bit quicker step this morning....first day of practice

So, I'm left asking exactly how does our Dist 4 A break down?

I don't want anything to become bulletin board material for anyone, but I think this year will be pretty interesting for coaches and fans. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

But anyone that is able to accurately predict the final outcome in this dist should be right up there with Ms. Cleo....... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

So, there will be no predictions from BigD this year...sorry CoachT faithful.

I think the only lock to make the region is O.S. outside of that anyone could advance and anyone could go home you could probably say that Oakdale will occupy one of the Region spots as well /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> .

I am pretty certain this district will be wide open (still respecting O.S. and the fact that to be the best you have got to beat the best.....in a tourney)! I'm also certain that if that parody is what our district is made of this year it is clear that a pretty good team will be sent home early in the tourney season! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I think it will come down to which team is better prepared (way 2 state the obvious) come tourney time... i guess its Welcome to the majors huh? /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />