Reg 2 Dist. 4 A

catmommy

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had my first look at a very good Coalfield team tonight. Beating Scott county 62 to 57. Very impressed with their speed and moving the ball to the open player. This team very well coached will surprise alot of teams this year.

Coalfield did look pretty good but, don`t get overly excited SHS was short 2 of their top 6

players one being a starter for the last 2 years. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Ok so let me get this correct.

JC beat your golden or at the very least silver child at O.S. by 20+

CRange beat your "Best team Overall" by 20+

This district is not nearly on the level with 7A and I doubt that either of these teams will make the state playing the way I've seen them play this week.

All the Oakdale State bound talk had me pumped up for the game with the buffs today and all i saw was a highly out classed team.

Ok so let me get this correct.

JC beat your golden or at the very least silver child at O.S. by 20+

CRange beat your "Best team Overall" by 20+

This district is not nearly on the level with 7A and I doubt that either of these teams will make the state playing the way I've seen them play this week.

All the Oakdale State bound talk had me pumped up for the game with the buffs today and all i saw was a highly out classed team.

They didnt play their best but losing to CRange by 18 is pretty good...but give them time..its only the first game of the season.. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I didn't think anyone said District 4 was better than District 7. At least not me. OS is replacing three starters and will be better come March. Oakdale could still be a state tournament team. Not many people are going to beat Clarkrange this year, especially at their place. JC and Clarkrange might be the best two teams in the state.

I suppose a name change is appropriate here.......from prehaps thekingofthehardwood to hardwood p jerk! Look dude, we know 7A is the Conference. You aren't getting a dispute over that, but when you bring your "holy art thou" attitude to the table....you aren't gaining any respect. Who died this morning and made you Jerk of the Year. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Kaz /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I didn't mean to cause any trouble but I was led to believe that Oakdale was much better than they are and that O.S. was as good as any in the state. When I went to the CRange and Oakdale game I was pumped and then the game started and it was clear that CRange was way above Oakdale's heads.

I was just frustrated because I thought that I might be seeing a State Tourney Preview and didn't get one. In my opinion.

If you look at the schedules coming up you can see that 4-A will play 7-A a few times this year.

Wartburg plays Pickett and Clarkrange (2 times)

Sunbright plays Monterey

Coalfield plays Monterey and nobody else (this is a bit out of the blue but looking at coalfield's schedule it is clear they don't want to play anyone.)

So, the district will play and I think learn to compete better with 7A in time. You've got to remember a district that has Oneida, Oakdale, Coalfield, and Wartburg is a pretty strong one. Give us some time and we'll be up there with the 7A powers.

I think that 4A is a very good and competitive district. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Yes, 7A is perhaps the best in the state. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

But it's important not to forget what O.S. did to 7A Clarkrange last year at state /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Right now there are a number of teams in 7A that are ahead of 4A but it's important to remember they don't give you a trophy in November! Just some food for thought /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Can I get an Amen from Kaz? /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />