Reg 2 Dist. 4 A

catmommy

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AMEN........PREACH, BROTHER PREACH! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Seriously.......Dave does make some very accurate points. The OS team your likely to face in Feb., isn't anything like what your facing now. I would say that about all the teams in our conference. The only fault one could have about 7A is they have too many Gold Balls! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Sometimes they peak way too early and when you play them close, the pressure seems to affect them more.....because of the expectations, of course.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Kaz /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Team really looked good against pickett. They ran with an awesome looking team. Honestly the coach didn't do much in the game since it was run and gun. The team just ran out of fouls as many of the starters 3 I believe fouled out.

They didn't look good at Greenback, but played great with Oneida tonight and look like things are really beginning to click. They enjoyed a big defensive effort against the lady indians and were able to play under control and as a team. It was so balanced i am not sure who was their leading scorer.

Oneida lost to Oakdale by 5! This is a good win for wartburg.

Oakdale beat up on Rockwood tonight. They played really hard and aggressive from the start.

How did Coalfield only beat Rockwood by 1?

Did Wartburg Press Oneida? How many players did the Dogs play in the rotation?

Oneida played Oakdale in a 2-3 is that the same thing they showed at wartburg tonight?

SDO......you made, quite possibly, the most idiotic remark I have ever heard. A. Jordan is probably going to wiggle her way into Coalfield's line-up at some point, but she is NOT, in my opinion, an "It" girl at this point in her career. She doesn't hold a candle to several players in the District. She is no doubt going to be a solid addition to the Yellow Jackets, but she ain't on the same level as KC or even Barger at Oz. I'm not saying she doesn't have the potential to reach the "It" level, but she has a long way to go. KC has proven herself through her first two years and it doesn't look like she is content with her playing ability. I fully expect her to keep rising, because that is what great players do. A.J. will have to become more mature and do something significant to change my perception of her in the future. She is a very solid player for a Freshman, but she's no Christopher.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kazaam /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

you gotta be the lou holtz of basketball. a true guru!!

I'm uncertain if that is dripping sarcasm or a compliment, but I watched Jordan play last night and I still wouldn't retract my statements. Christopher is in another league right now. If you don't think so too......you should be embarassed. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Kaz

Kaz,

How many did Jordan have against Oneida? Was the game close for a while. I was told that it was competitive! 12 points is not that bad for a team that is as young as Oneida. I umm........saw the Oneida and Wartburg game and feel like Oneida probably has a bright future and N. Lay is still one of the better guards in the district. I honestly feel like they have the potential to be a spoiler later in the season. Youth at Oneida has a tendency to get better fast.

I take nothing away from Coalfield, because they won and on this night they clearly played better than Oneida. Oneida on two different occasions had 3 freshmen on the court at the same time. I sincerely hope BigD is right and the youngins' continue to improve quickly. Overall, they have a lot of pieces that simply have to play very good basketball for four quarters to win ballgames. N. Lay is indeed one of the top guards in the district, but she is doing it essentially on one leg right now. Looking at a quick scope over Christmas. Should be right back and healthy by early January. The whole crew has potential in a lot of areas, especially shooting, it just has to happen together. They will always have a chance to surprise some clubs because they do know how to win. Jordan was pretty good, but she failed to look under control in most cases. Her coast to coast trips usually ended up in the turnover bin! #21 for the Lady Jackets looks like a solid player and everybody else on their team give the coach a pretty intense effort.