Reg 2 Dist. 4 A

catmommy

ChillR,

Ok I'll get that one going. Sunbright's coach isn't very good, they appear to have some talent, but they will never be a serious threat to make the region without a much better coach. Didn't see the game but was told that they were down 37-1 against Wartburg.

Hope this makes you feel like they are a part of the Dist now.

The O.S. and Oakdale game was a great one. They should go at each other 3 more times this year. They are clearly the best in the region.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.....I've been hushed AND sshhh'ed! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I did not see the Oz/Oakdale score.....who won? ChillR, let's not get all touchy. I don't believe we have met?!?! It will get crazy this season, mostly with the middle of the pack teams. One of them might catch a big fish from time to time, but who knows who it will be or what fish they catch. Makes for an interesting season, huh?

Kazzy

Does Wartburg have a chance to beat Coalfield in district play next week? I'm seeing alot of press about the Lady Jackets and their record is impressive.

Do you think they will try to press the Lady Dogs and Lady Eagles? If so I look for them to call their attack off early as both teams seem to handle the full court well. Who is their best player? My money is on Landrum. She is a great point guard maybe the best in the district. Although 32 in blue and white may have something to say about that.

I don't think it is a toss up from 1 to 4. I would put Oliver Springs at the top for now. At least until someone from District 4A knocks them off. Numbers 2, 3, and 4 are, in fact, a toss up between Oakdale, Wartburg, and Coalfield. I must point out that come tournament time I would expect to see Oneida make it into that toss up as well.

The Coalfield Wartburg game should be a very good game...Landrum is a very important asset to the Lady Jackets and Armes for the Lady Bulldogs, although I do believe that Landrum is a quicker guard. If they Lady Jackets can stop Armes from the 3-point range I would say that they have a good chance in winning,although Wartburg has many good players, but who knows...both teams are very good and it should be an exciting game. Good Luck Lady Jackets!

Does Wartburg have a chance to beat Coalfield in district play next week? I'm seeing alot of press about the Lady Jackets and their record is impressive.

Do you think they will try to press the Lady Dogs and Lady Eagles? If so I look for them to call their attack off early as both teams seem to handle the full court well. Who is their best player? My money is on Landrum. She is a great point guard maybe the best in the district. Although 32 in blue and white may have something to say about that.

Warburg has an excellent chance to beat Coalfield next week. Throw the records out the window. I sure hope Coalfield and Wartburg aren't looking ahead to this game. Wartburg has a big region game against Harriman on Tuesday, followed by another match-up with a District 7 team (Clarkrange) on Friday. Coalfield has a game at Sequoyah on Tuesday and a key District 4 showdown with Oakdale on Friday. These teams can't afford to look ahead.

I guess this is a backdoor compliment to Wartburg. The look to me to be a team that is capable of beating anyone or losing to anyone. I just don't think they get up for teams that are not considered good. So for a prediction I'll say Harriman 39 Wartburg 31 as the dogs stay winless out of district.

And an Early prediction for their Coalfield Game Coalfield 71 Wartburg 69 Coalfield will not have to even play well just need to stay out of foul trouble. Landrum, Jordan,Newberry, Scarbrough, and Stedam look to me to be the best lineup Coalfield has and will give major trouble to the Wartburg Team.

Also i think that Oakdale is 12-15 points better than coalfield but couldn't predict a score now.

Picking the game this early is nutty!

First, you can't compare Coalfield and Wartburg because Coalfield hasn't played anyone that is very good. Now Wartburg has played Pickett Co., Greenback @ GB, and will play Harriman and Clarkrange. I feel like Wartburg's 2-2 is a pretty good record with the possible exception of Greenback even though Hammontree was outstanding. If they come in to the coalfield game 3-3 you've got to say that's pretty good given their competition.

I think that wartburg will be a more game tested team and that could give them an edge. Where is the respect for a team that is 2-0 in the district. They beat Oneida by 28 and Coalfield only got them by 12. Do not discount the bulldogs ability to get better as the season goes. If they start 3-0 in the District then it could be bad news considering they've only had a few games to get used to Jason's coaching style.

Calm down there playermom!

In my opinion the regular season is just a long drawn out practice for about 5 games in tourney season. I don't know exactly how they'll get there but Wartburg looks to me to be a team that has GREAT guard play and their post players are looking very aggressive in the last two games. I'm seeing them begin to play together more...if they start looking to the block more they will be a tough team to beat in time.

No way they aren't in the mix for 4A at the end of the year.

I'd take Wartburg over Coalfield right now simply because Coalfield is a banged up team. I heard they had a couple of knee injuries last night, even if they're not serious it will hurt their conditioning and they probably won't be 100 percent when they play. I'd also take Wartburg if Coalfield was at 100 percent, I think they've got a really good team this year.