Reg 2 Dist. 4 A

catmommy

Yeah I agree with you Oldschool! But You have got to remember Oakdale was the better team last year 20wins. They had a bad night in the tourney and that's it. Wartburg didn't beat oakdale as much as oakdale lost the game.

As far as coaching I can tell you the new coach davis isn't what this program needed up front before the season. He hasn't got the passion or the drive to run his team. All he knows is a 2-3 zone and how to post up. Wartburg will be less than a true threat for the Dist and may not make it to the region.

I have never questioned the talent of the bulldogs. If they play together and dump their ego's they could win the District in spite of their coach. But with this new guy in there they will not be able to handle adverse or difficult situations. I've seen players at CHS tear each other apart when dallas (the legend) was there. What do you think they'll do with the (myth) in charge?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the lady dawgs have just as much talent as the lady Eagles the dawgs defeated Oakdale 2 out of 3 last year and only lost the Jones girl if it comes down to coaching wartburg is in trouble

As far as coaching I can tell you the new coach davis isn't what this program needed up front before the season. He hasn't got the passion or the drive to run his team. All he knows is a 2-3 zone and how to post up. Wartburg will be less than a true threat for the Dist and may not make it to the region.

Excellent takes guys! I cant wait to see the lady dogs in their 2-3 zone......ummm.......errr...............wait a minute.....thats nutts /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> Hey, superdave how did you go from judge a man by his body of work to the quote about a 2-3 zone? /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

I'm just glad I finally figured out that box and 1 thing whew!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

First, I will judge him by his body of work completely. If he comes out in a 2-3 zone and tries to post the girls up that he has they won't win a game. He cant teach them to run effectively because to do that you have got to let players play a little bit an he's way too structured for that. I just don't see him taking them in that direction because from what I see he is a control freak.

Second, I never saw his teams run anything else

Third, He will not be able to handle the girls. They will never listen to him.

But if he gets in the top three in the district then I'll be the first to eat my words concerning his coaching and his team. So I will judge him by his body of work.

Wartburg lost Jones and Oakdale lost nobody from a team that won 20 games last year. So I don't believe that the lady dogs are as talented as the lady eagles. It would be hard to argue that losing a very athletic Sr. in Ashley Jones is a positive.

Oldschool and superdave,

I don't know how you come to the conclusion that the dogs are behind oakdale or anyone else. The district will be very competitive and there are at least 4 very good teams maybe 5 with the additions made by Oneida. There is no disgrace finishing 4th in the district this year.

Also, i think that too much is being made of the coaching thing. I dropped by their practice yesterday to just peek in, and saw them playing very hard. I cant imagine that any team has worked as hard as these girls given how they have lifted weights and conditioned during the fall. So, to this point I would have to grade Jason at an A level. They were very good over the summer and now they have completed what many of the kids say was a very good and fun fall workout period. From all I can tell as a fan and parent things are going pretty well and the team is getting better.

What are our expectations as fans? Make it to the region and at least be mentioned as a team that can win the region title? I think that would be a good season for us.

What do you think superdave?

playermom,

I don't know what wartburg has been doing in the offseason so I really can't comment on that. If they are working hard in practice that is good also. I only saw them play at Lenoir City Camp this summer and only one game at that i think it was farragut. They didn't look very good in that one to me. To be fair though that was just one game in a 5 day camp. I had heard that they hadn't worked out this fall from a pretty reliable source.

If the wartburg team finishes top 3 and challenges for the region it would probably be a pretty good year.

Oakdale should compete for the Dist and Region Titles and get to a substate and I think that OS is in the same situation. Wartburg is left competing for 3rd or 4th with Coalfield, Sunbright, and Oneida. They are not one of the best teams in the district.

Let's change the topic. Which players do you all expect to play big for each team?

Oldschool and superdave,

I don't know how you come to the conclusion that the dogs are behind oakdale or anyone else. The district will be very competitive and there are at least 4 very good teams maybe 5 with the additions made by Oneida. There is no disgrace finishing 4th in the district this year.

Also, i think that too much is being made of the coaching thing. I dropped by their practice yesterday to just peek in, and saw them playing very hard. I cant imagine that any team has worked as hard as these girls given how they have lifted weights and conditioned during the fall. So, to this point I would have to grade Jason at an A level. They were very good over the summer and now they have completed what many of the kids say was a very good and fun fall workout period. From all I can tell as a fan and parent things are going pretty well and the team is getting better.

What are our expectations as fans? Make it to the region and at least be mentioned as a team that can win the region title? I think that would be a good season for us.

What do you think superdave?

read my post again I think wartburg is going to be better than Oakdale I just think a coaching change is not a good thing the first year it takes players time to adjust to a new coach (that I personally think is way behide in coaching )

If Wartburg is going to be better than Oakdale then Jason will be a big part of that happening.

Oldschool,

are you saying that the team will win but the coach will be bad? i ve seen alot of basketball in this dist over the years and you won't go anywhere without coaching. But im glad that you think Jason is behind since you are probably one of those people that think the football team has made a big turn around. I really believe the girls believe and they have in your words earlier superdave bought in to the scheme.

In normal situations the kids would need time to adjust oldschool. in this situation i think the fact that many of them have played for him before makes that learning process much easier. they know him pretty well so i think that has got to make things happen alot faster. they're going to be fine.

to answer superdave's question

I don't see any new faces contributing to teams except for Jordan at Coalfield all the other teams are pretty well set. not sure but you could possibly see a couple of soph players get time for wartburg this year but i dont know

OZ - Has the best Player do not think they will be as good as last year though.

Oakdale - best overall team but not sure of their bench though.

Wartburg - Best Athletes should be good but new coach should be able to go 10 deep.

Sunbright - New Coach very young team very fast should upset some teams this year.

Coalfield - Very talented young team should be able to play 8 deep.

Oneida - Very young heard they got 2 new kids should be playing for 4th in the district.

Oakdale

Warburg

OZ

Coalfield

Oneida

Sunbright

Oakdale, Wartburg and OZ should be playing for 1st. with Coalfield close behind

What players did OS lose to graduation? It won't make a tremendous amount of difference, since the "phenom" is still in the fold. By the way, I had some people say to me the other day that I shouldn't joke around about a good player. Listen carefully folks.....when I use the word phenom, chosen one, baller, ankle breaker, or any other word to describe Kayla Christopher, I Mean It. She is the Real Deal (theres another one?!?!)!! If you are a coach getting ready to play against her, you have to account for her in your gameplan. Only problem is she is so multi-dimensional that just about everything fails. I've seen her score 4 points and beat teams with her passing alone, however if she is scoring points against you......you can pretty much give up! So how do you beat them? There isn't an easy blueprint that works, but if the kids around her aren't finishing plays and your team can hang around for four quarters you've got a chance. When she gives the ball up, you've got to do your absolute best to keep her from getting it back. If she isn't touching it enough her coach usually puts her at the point. This allows everything to develop through her. She is good, no question. The success they have had in the last few years is build on the fact that the players around her are solid, too!

Kaz /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />