9AA Picks

MIDTN

I would hardly call it "Ezell kicked East Lit" when Ezell was up only 1 point after one and 1 point after the half.

BTW - FRA will win their first round District Game, since Emily Canady is back and apparently back to near 100%. Hume-Fogg may be the victim.

Your right. It was close early. Ezell could not buy a layup, they missed probably 7-9 close jumpers in the first half and could not hit a three. They blew or kicked the doors off comming out at half and crusied. With four and a half minutes left in the fourth and up 20+ they went into a stall and practiced running a motion, they might have tried to score two or three times in the final 4.5. Even when they got the ball down low, with no one on the post, they would kick it back out and practice this stall. It was very interesting. One wonders what the coach was preparing for. They are still without senior pg Tia Hambrick out with injury.

Lipscomb caught some luck with McAlister getting hurt and ezell dropping those 2 district games. It will be interesting to see if Lipscomb can keep the game close at Ezell. The game at Lipscomb was close due to McAlister and Davis getting into foul trouble and sitting out 1/2 the first quarter and all of the second. Lipscomb should be proud of their accomplishments this season. They have beaten some quality teams outside of the district. They have some great coaching. The real test will be out in the region against marshall.

Fra could end up with cpa again and they seem to have had trouble with them before. Hume fogg is a mystery as is just about any team in this district. Ezell should have beaten CPA easily without McAlister and did not.

I think this district is very underated state wide. After night one of the region there will be three teams from 9AA and Marshall. The teams from this district seem to have taken on all comers, from all corners A, AA, AAA. This district has faired exceptionally. Whom ever wins the Region and the runner-up will both win sub-state and advance to the State. I look for two teams again in the Final four and because of the competativeness of this regions seasonal schedules, you could have 1 vs 2 for the state championship. I think the teams from the west have not played solid teams week in and week out, that can man-up, press you three ways, or zone all in one quarter and then treat your press like a lay-up drill. The teams from the upper cumberland were better last season. The teams in this district like to run. Even if you beat one, one night it wears down the team and you catch another like them tomorrow.

Good luck tuesday and down the road.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great girls game we had with FRA and Lipscomb. Close all the way, the referees no factor, a couple of teams laying it out there with big plays a-plenty. Canady not 100% but was able to play most of the 2nd half and all the overtimes. FRA is visibly getting better as Canady gets her legs back. I still say FRA is the the team no one wants to draw in the district.

You are right. It was a great game. Canady looked to get stronger every minute of the game, and looked like her old self again by the end of the 3rd quarter into the 4th and OT's. Jackson also had a great game. When she fouled out at the last of the OT period, I believe everyone in the gym (both sides) gave her a hardy round of applause. Yep...they are going to be a tough draw in the Districts.

Eubanks was definitely the star with that 3 pointer at the end of the 4th, along with her play in the paint. Congrats DL on another win, and good luck against Ezell on Tuesday.

Your right. It was close early. Ezell could not buy a layup, they missed probably 7-9 close jumpers in the first half and could not hit a three. They blew or kicked the doors off comming out at half and crusied. With four and a half minutes left in the fourth and up 20+ they went into a stall and practiced running a motion, they might have tried to score two or three times in the final 4.5. Even when they got the ball down low, with no one on the post, they would kick it back out and practice this stall. It was very interesting. One wonders what the coach was preparing for. They are still without senior pg Tia Hambrick out with injury.

Lipscomb caught some luck with McAlister getting hurt and ezell dropping those 2 district games. It will be interesting to see if Lipscomb can keep the game close at Ezell. The game at Lipscomb was close due to McAlister and Davis getting into foul trouble and sitting out 1/2 the first quarter and all of the second. Lipscomb should be proud of their accomplishments this season. They have beaten some quality teams outside of the district. They have some great coaching. The real test will be out in the region against marshall.

Fra could end up with cpa again and they seem to have had trouble with them before. Hume fogg is a mystery as is just about any team in this district. Ezell should have beaten CPA easily without McAlister and did not.

I think this district is very underated state wide. After night one of the region there will be three teams from 9AA and Marshall. The teams from this district seem to have taken on all comers, from all corners A, AA, AAA. This district has faired exceptionally. Whom ever wins the Region and the runner-up will both win sub-state and advance to the State. I look for two teams again in the Final four and because of the competativeness of this regions seasonal schedules, you could have 1 vs 2 for the state championship. I think the teams from the west have not played solid teams week in and week out, that can man-up, press you three ways, or zone all in one quarter and then treat your press like a lay-up drill. The teams from the upper cumberland were better last season. The teams in this district like to run. Even if you beat one, one night it wears down the team and you catch another like them tomorrow.

Good luck tuesday and down the road.

Ezell "should" have beaten CPA easily without Mcallister? Explain?

Ezell "should" have beaten CPA easily without Mcallister? Explain?

Well McAllistar averages 19.8 ppg. Ezell beat CPA by 30+ last time they played. Cpa is an okay team that has been blown out a couple of times. I thought that Ezell would press them, which they did. But, I was unaware that Hambrick was not playing. The Second leading scorer for Ezell gets two fouls with 11:43 left in the first half. She gets benched. Ezell plays without 3 starters all seniors and has 4 sophomore's on the floor and one junior. The youngsters could not press. They were not quick enough. They should have gone to a zone and just matched Hardeman but they continued to press CPA, I have to give Hardeman(Spelling) credit, after a major ezell run she hit a great three from the right side and then the next series another player hit one from the left after catching the ball and walking about a mile. Hardeman or the coach also noticed that the young guards from ezell were not rotating after the ezell point guard drove for a shot and then Hardeman would Snow Bird for the layup. So Ezell without McAlister was still a major favorite, but with one other senior out for the game and another in foul trouble. CPA was able to win. If Ezell plays this badly again they wont get out of the district. Most of the turnovers on both sides were unforced Ezell probably had 30, then at the end missed layups, and the one senior missed 5 free throws down the stretch. Now she also hit about 5 or 6. But I think she missed the front of the 1/1 two times. Cpa made 20 unforced errors. CPA has played decent in the district, they have kept teams low scoring and been in most games. But, Ezell is about 35-45 points better than CPA per game. CPA just caught them on a great night. Ezell is about 20 points better then everyone in their District. When the Tournament is played if CPA Advances they will play Ezell with McAlister and not advance.

If you were thinking that CPA played some great game...I think it was more along the lines of every now and then a blind hog finds an acorn. I think they won by not play as badly as Ezell.

This region should be Marshall and Ezell, now I think that David Lipscomb will want to say something about that and Now that Canaday is back so will FRA. There is not another team in District 5 that stands a chance.

That clear it up?

Well McAllistar averages 19.8 ppg. Ezell beat CPA by 30+ last time they played. Cpa is an okay team that has been blown out a couple of times. I thought that Ezell would press them, which they did. But, I was unaware that Hambrick was not playing. The Second leading scorer for Ezell gets two fouls with 11:43 left in the first half. She gets benched. Ezell plays without 3 starters all seniors and has 4 sophomore's on the floor and one junior. The youngsters could not press. They were not quick enough. They should have gone to a zone and just matched Hardeman but they continued to press CPA, I have to give Hardeman(Spelling) credit, after a major ezell run she hit a great three from the right side and then the next series another player hit one from the left after catching the ball and walking about a mile. Hardeman or the coach also noticed that the young guards from ezell were not rotating after the ezell point guard drove for a shot and then Hardeman would Snow Bird for the layup. So Ezell without McAlister was still a major favorite, but with one other senior out for the game and another in foul trouble. CPA was able to win. If Ezell plays this badly again they wont get out of the district. Most of the turnovers on both sides were unforced Ezell probably had 30, then at the end missed layups, and the one senior missed 5 free throws down the stretch. Now she also hit about 5 or 6. But I think she missed the front of the 1/1 two times. Cpa made 20 unforced errors. CPA has played decent in the district, they have kept teams low scoring and been in most games. But, Ezell is about 35-45 points better than CPA per game. CPA just caught them on a great night. Ezell is about 20 points better then everyone in their District. When the Tournament is played if CPA Advances they will play Ezell with McAlister and not advance.

If you were thinking that CPA played some great game...I think it was more along the lines of every now and then a blind hog finds an acorn. I think they won by not play as badly as Ezell.

This region should be Marshall and Ezell, now I think that David Lipscomb will want to say something about that and Now that Canaday is back so will FRA. There is not another team in District 5 that stands a chance.

That clear it up?

Were you even at the game? - "I was unaware that Hambrick was not playing" You have to play every game with what cards you are dealt. "Never under estimate your opponent" John Wooden. Clear as mud.

Were you even at the game? - "I was unaware that Hambrick was not playing" You have to play every game with what cards you are dealt. "Never under estimate your opponent" John Wooden. Clear as mud.

Don't worry Redog, he had an excuse for the East Lit game when Ezell had everybody.

What's up with him knowing when the second leading scorer "....went out with 11:43 in the half" Is he taking notes at the game?? Kinda weird.

I almost forgot, my condolences go out to sharpie for having to see Ezell have four Sophmores on the court at once in the CPA game. The night that East beat them, East started....yes started all SOPHMORES.

What a cry baby.

"Excuses are bricks that build monuments of nothing"

Don't worry Redog, he had an excuse for the East Lit game when Ezell had everybody.

What's up with him knowing when the second leading scorer "....went out with 11:43 in the half" Is he taking notes at the game?? Kinda weird.

I almost forgot, my condolences go out to sharpie for having to see Ezell have four Sophmores on the court at once in the CPA game. The night that East beat them, East started....yes started all SOPHMORES.

What a cry baby.

"What - me worry?" Alfred E Newman

What a cry baby.

I'm not crying...

I just have been trying to be nice.

Both East lit and CPA are Terrible, and thats not fair to teams that are terrible.

The only thing left to say is that on both nights Ezell played worse, its hard to imagine, but anything is possible. Maybe I know her dad and he told me 11:43. Congrats to east for playing 5 sophmores, look at your record, it shows. They will have to work forever to beat the teams in their District. It does not matter how hard they try David Lipscomb, FRA, Ezell and CPA are committed to winning. excellance. They players work all year round on their own to be the best. If you get a 10 point lead on CPA they will play their guts out trying to come back. If you get a 10 point lead on East...they quit. If you are their coach...teach them about heart. You have two years to make a difference. I also know that there is an 8th grade superstar over at CPA. Funny she did not want to play on the Varsity this year. Did not want to lose a year of eligibility when she transfers! Kinda weird. If you follow the game and have a vested intrest in outcomes of team where you have helped develop the players you will know what happened in their games. I have girls all over this area who have played for me in AAU since they were kids. Nothing weird about it,

I'm not crying...

Both East lit and CPA are Terrible, and thats not fair to teams that are terrible.

The only thing left to say is that on both nights Ezell played worse, its hard to imagine, but anything is possible. Maybe I know her dad and he told me 11:43. Congrats to east for playing 5 sophmores, look at your record, it shows. They will have to work forever to beat the teams in their District. It does not matter how hard they try David Lipscomb, FRA, Ezell and CPA are committed to winning. excellance. They players work all year round on their own to be the best. If you get a 10 point lead on CPA they will play their guts out trying to come back. If you get a 10 point lead on East...they quit. If you are their coach...teach them about heart. You have two years to make a difference. I also know that there is an 8th grade superstar over at CPA. Funny she did not want to play on the Varsity this year. Did not want to lose a year of eligibility when she transfers! Kinda weird. If you follow the game and have a vested intrest in outcomes of team where you have helped develop the players you will know what happened in their games. I have girls all over this area who have played for me in AAU since they were kids. Nothing weird about it,

CPA is so terrible they have won their last 5 games.. MLK, FRA, EZELL, MLK, DCA......

I'm not crying...

Ouch! Somebody got smacked!