Bad Officials

knightman

After just watching the Hendersonville Beech Game and the Ref throwing out Mellissa Govea by giving her a red card. It was the worst call i have ever seen in my life even though they wom the game Mellissa will not be playing this Saturday against Ravenwood. Mellissa is a key player for the commandos, and that one official could of just ruined the season for the commandos.

Leave your thoughts

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After just watching the Hendersonville Beech Game and the Ref throwing out Mellissa Govea by giving her a red card. It was the worst call i have ever seen in my life even though they wom the game Mellissa will not be playing this Saturday against Ravenwood. Mellissa is a key player for the commandos, and that one official could of just ruined the season for the commandos.

Leave your thoughts

Didn't see the call....couldn't be a worse time for a red.....good luck to the Commandos (as an old alum)!

We've had horrible officials most of the season and tonight was no exception. The center ref was watching the world series or something but it was the game most of the time. It's always bad when the ref either doesn't control the game or calls to much. Let the girls play and be consistent. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Leave your thoughts

have no dog in this fight. From an objective viewpoint;

That kid did not deserve a red card. She didnt do anything malicious, reckless, or even I dont believe intentional. Im not sure she even fouled the other player. To me, it looked like both players went straight up for a bouncing ball to head it, and the smaller player from Beech fell to the ground from the contact. I even think the smaller player jumped into the Hendersonville player. But since she got the worst of it, a foul was called on #7 from Hendersonville. In my opinion, a no call would have been fine. But a card, much less a Red card was just mind blowing to see come out of the official's hands. I was like "you gotta be kiddin". She doesnt deserve that. Now she has to sit out two games. Ridiculous. Undeserved.

Hendersonville played with a lot of heart after that and found a way to win. I also believe that Beech showed a lot of hustle and effort and proved to be a team to contend with. Other than that call, I dont know that the officiating was bad. Physical games are tough to call and the center official I think did a good job overall. But that call was a way to hasty and red card wasnt deserved.

Bad ref call cost Siegel the game tonight. Riverdale defender is one on one with Brittney Winn. The defender turns her back and trips or falls in front of Brittney. Brittney dribbles around the player and finishes the goal. BUT the center ref blows his whistle and calls a foul on Brittney and nullifies the goal.

It was one of the worst calls I have ever seen and I've watched alot of soccer. Brittney never touched the defender at all. That point would have given Siegel a 2 to 1 win instead it goes into overtime and Riverdale get a goal in the last minute of the 2nd 10 minute over time.

Even the Riverdale fans I was near saw no foul.

In years of watching various high school sports, soccer by far has the most inconsistent officiating. There is no argument about it. As a fan you go to a game and never know what will be called and what won`t be called. I don`t know if we just have bad refs or soccer is just that subjective. But there is NO DOUBT that it is inconsistent.