carter vs. rutledge

tnfootball4

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The key for Carter in this game is to stop the run. Rutledge beat Gibbs 28?-0 and didn't attempt a pass the whole game. The run defense had been a problem for the hornets in the first four games, but the defense finally seems to be getting on track and putting a lot of pressure on the quarterback. Carter's offense hit a bump in the road against Gibbs, but IMO the week off will help the offense recover and work on their timing in the passing game. I look for a close game up until the mid-third quarter then I see Carter start to pull away. This game determines the region winner so it will be a hard hitting game. My prediction is Carter- 28 Rutlege- 14

Will wait until after the game tonight to make a prediction. With the Gibbs loss last night Union County is back in the playoff hunt and may play tonight with a little more spirit. Tonight's game could decide how Rutledge goes into the Carter game; a win they will be on cloud 9 and playing hard, a loss may put them down going into the Carter game.

Will wait until after the game tonight to make a prediction. With the Gibbs loss last night Union County is back in the playoff hunt and may play tonight with a little more spirit. Tonight's game could decide how Rutledge goes into the Carter game; a win they will be on cloud 9 and playing hard, a loss may put them down going into the Carter game.

Looking back at last year's game at Carter the Pioneers must've figured out something since then to counter what the Hornets will do on both sides of the ball.

Stopping the run is critical, but McBee can throw the ball if need be. I wish I could be there!

Wasn't Carter fans the ones who were wearing capes at Fulton last year and talking all that smack? What was it, 48-3? Then 36-8 in the playoffs? Carter fans are a joke. And by the way, I played for Fulton the past four years and was on the teams whipping Carter all over the field. So, what do you expect out of a Fulton player? A winner, especially over Carter BIG every time. Fulton has no class, Carter was a laughing stock the past two years, winning lowly Region 1 and then getting blown out by the big dogs. I'm just over here messing with you all cause I'm bored. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Wasn't Carter fans the ones who were wearing capes at Fulton last year and talking all that smack? What was it, 48-3? Then 36-8 in the playoffs? Carter fans are a joke. And by the way, I played for Fulton the past four years and was on the teams whipping Carter all over the field. So, what do you expect out of a Fulton player? A winner, especially over Carter BIG every time. Fulton has no class, Carter was a laughing stock the past two years, winning lowly Region 1 and then getting blown out by the big dogs. I'm just over here messing with you all cause I'm bored. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It's sad ya know...Fulton for all those years was a doormat then all of a sudden becomes the big dogs...you'd think they'd be a little more like "yeah man we were in that situation a long time ago." But I reckon...nah I'll leave it alone. It's not going to be too much longer Falcon fans before something happens and Coatney remembers who he really is: A coach with a sub-.500 record until the last 7 years happened.

I would not call Carter and Rutledge sorry teams, but I guess I would also not talk trash on an open forum to people that I do not know and a topic that I obviously could care less about. Anyway, I think that this should be a great game, and the atmosphere at Rutledge will be pretty wild I would think. This is probably the Pioneers' Senior Night, and it is the last one that will ever take place for Rutledge High School, they will be fired up and fighting mad. Rutledge's only loss in the region is to Seymour, and they have scored over 40 points in 4 of their wins this season. This team can both run and pass the ball and have pulled one big upset this year, beating previously undefeated Gatlinburg-Pittman. Carter has been a feast or famine team this season, when they are playing great they look like a team that could go 2 or 3 rounds in the playoffs. When they are off they look bad and scared, see AE, Bearden, and Gibbs. This game has been close for the past two seasons, but if you look at the schedule the Rutledge game has come after the Fulton game in those years...not an off week. I look for this to be a close game because Rutledge will be playing for pride and won't quit, and this may be a big upset.

i think it will be a hard faught game.but id say that the rutledge offense is more pyhsical than the carter defense.IMO carter will have a hardtime stoppin the run. and they will get smacked in the mouth early. rutledge takes this game in a close 1. their physical , smash mouth offense being reason. Rutledge 21 Carter 17.

Should be a great game considering both teams are pretty sorry... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

road2three Im sure fulton is proud of you. You get on here and put down other teams.

All of us know fulton would not be the team they are without all of the player that live in other school zones.

I hope you are one of the 52% from fulton that graduate. If not you better make freinds with other

school players because you will be working for them some day. Rutledge may not be to the level of fulton

on the field but I will take their students body over fulton any day. Out of the players that played on the state

teams had many graduate--- half. Great job in getting kids really for life.