Dyersburg Basketball

TroganFan3

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah crocker has been way over rated hes been way too talked up hes decent and will provide depth but not a STAR and barely if at all a starter

i guesse we'll see how he does this season but from what i've seen he looks like a solid ball player and im not saying he'll be a STAR but a good sub!!!

This distirct hasn't really been competitive in over a decade- back in the days where Marty and the UC Purple & Gold were 2A and winning state titles /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Whitby still had the magic at OC , Butch was putting DC on the map and Westview had recruited the Batchelor kid to come help them out and even Gibson County was in the run for championships in those days.. This is not your father's 13AA anymore (or even your big brother's 13AA /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ) With the Choctaws re-birth and the Trojans dropping down to AA a couple of years ago, this district is on it's way back to being one the forces in the state- but it'll take time. Usually the other district dominates in region play but case in point

last season when Crockett Co and Dyer County played in one of the most exciting Regional title games in quite sometime.. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

The district is not what it was in the 90's but last year did have some good teams in CC DC and D-burg. I played when it was possibly the toughest district in the state. @ DC we were a .500 club but sent a guy or two to play college somewhere every year. Covington came into our district my senior year and stayed #1 untill Bolivar beat em. We only lost by 3 at our place to Covington. I hope the district comes up some and can get to be tough again. I wish UC and Humboldt were still there.

DC- Should take the district if Blake stays healthy I'm not to convinced their real good without him. I think their good without him just not real good.

D-burg- Should finish second. If Mclin is still playing football it will hurt, he is the guy but he won't do it alone

Westview- They are going to shoot it alot and probably make alot but if they don't defend count them out. Thsi summer they were small and smaller and smallest

Gibson Co- Showed some potential last year and also showed some butt. They beat DC early and Humiliated a down and out D-burg team in the first round of the district. I don't know how good they can be if ehy don't defend and rebound every possesion it will be tough.

Obion Co- The past few years have been tough. Real tough. They lose Parker which will hurt some. Gillam can play some and if he doesn't turn it over they will be a better team. Gillam has to play every night for them to be successful.

Milan- Winning b-ball games in football town is tough. I don't know if they have alot of guys playing football or not if they do expect them to be hurt early. With Hunt gone tehy lost the only real ball player I can recall them having.

warmachine...Gibson Co. lost 3 big Seniors from last years team (Jerome Donald, Destin Skinner, Justin Spears) HOWEVER we return most of our team...We still have Hamilton Hudson, Nick Santaniello, Josh Reeves, Ethan Ellis, and Trevino Davis...We also have young players that have awesome ability!!! Look for Trey Tate and Tody Rodgers to get some playing time most likely...Our 8th grade class this year is great as well, you have a 6'2-6'3 guard playing for the Junior Pioneers in John Hudson (Hamilton's brother) HE CAN SHOOT!!!! Also we have Mitchell Simpson from Rutherford that dropped 52 points I heard in the first game for them this season!!!! The future is looking bright for Gibson Co. boys basketball!!!

• 2 weeks later...

here it is, stone cold lead pipe locks for 13-AA:

(1) Dyer County - not as much of a lock as many think

(2) Westview - not the deepest, just gritty i guess

(3) Obion Central - gonna play harder this year, most teams didn't see it all from them last year

(4) Gibson County- good shooter in Hudson back, to me thats it offensively

(5) Dyersburg - just not as much there as people think, this Davis kid as seemed to be at many other schools, kinda makes me think he'll end up at another one soon.

(6) Milan- rebuilding time

(7) Crockett - hard to recover from losing your top SIX

pride...Hudson offensively and that's it...Ok, you think that but I'll remind you of these names...Demarian Mays, Trevino Davis, and Nick Santaniello....all 3 of 'em can shoot!!! Be ready for a little press as well...It might just jump out there and beat a few teams /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Again-- anybody 2-7 can finish anywhere.. THe Cavs may be a little down but still have the athletes to do some damage. Milan is suspect but can play the upset card to some teams. Harshaw has done a nice job in his time at GC and the Pioneers have some outstanding shooting. The jury is still out on OC- but they've been quite impressive in the first few games.. Only time will tell ..

DC is still the early favorite but can be prone to the occasional upset /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

GETCHA POPCORN READY!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I will definitely keep a copy of your prediction so that I can see if you are as off on you predictions as I anticipate you are, believe me if you haven't seen some of these teams play THIS YEAR be careful how you rate them this year. I saw Dyersburg play last night and they are a totally different team then the one last year........ they are playing much more in control and team, now they have a lot of work to do like settling on a starting line up, but they have a deep bench and some good athletes but I guess time will tell, we will repost your predictions in middle February.

(3) Obion Central - gonna play harder this year, most teams didn't see it all from them last year

(5) Dyersburg - just not as much there as people think, this Davis kid as seemed to be at many other schools, kinda makes me think he'll end up at another one soon.

I did not understand your comment that were in relations to Dyersburg, you mention the 'Davis' kid and another school...........please explain because I do not understand that one.

Typical comment from you, can`t wait till we play, maybe you will rethink your "stone cold pipe locks"