Ooltewah Defensive Coordinator

Owlfan

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooltewah has absolutely no chance of winning any half way competitive game. Their Defensive coordinator has positively NO CLUE what he is doing. In 2 years they have been totally pathetic as far as being out of position and leaving wide open passes. One would think after 30 years Coach Monroe could see that the problem on the team is not lack of athletes it's lack of coaching. Hey coach ever heard of a cover 2 or nickel package? How bout cover 3? possible a blitz more than once a year to keep em honest?????

Disgusted Owl Fan.

defense? why hasnt the offense scored any thing, defense cant do it all!!!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Ooltewah has absolutely no chance of winning any half way competitive game. Their Defensive coordinator has positively NO CLUE what he is doing. In 2 years they have been totally pathetic as far as being out of position and leaving wide open passes. One would think after 30 years Coach Monroe could see that the problem on the team is not lack of athletes it's lack of coaching. Hey coach ever heard of a cover 2 or nickel package? How bout cover 3? possible a blitz more than once a year to keep em honest?????

Disgusted Owl Fan.

Holding Oak Ridge to 17 points isn't a bad night. Granted, the Farragut game was where you needed some defense, but 17 vs. OR is winnable. I'd worry more about offense in this game. But then again, racking up all those points against Farragut makes me wonder if you have offense problems.

Sounds to me like two fairly evenly matched teams, with the better one showing up ready to play.

If you have a beef, I think you ought to lay it on the extra-curricular crud that has mired your team down.

Owlfanatic, I'm curious to hear your response to the initial comments.

What is wrong w/ us?oak ridge did not impress me at all.what did impress me ,were the flags.the better team always wins.,for what ever reason,we were one step behind all night and when we did get a big play or big tackle for loss or no gain,there was a flag!! oak ridge/farragut will be a good game to watch. we have got to beat soddy /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I have disagreed with our coaching many times this year.

Notably:

Onside Kicks: At Farragut, the Onside kick with three minutes was highly unecessary, and I noted it as such at the time of the kick. 3 timeouts with that much time, just get a stop. If we'd have gotten the ball after the punt at the 35-50 instead of inside the ten, things might have been different. Tonight, we kicked it deep with 4 minutes and 10 points down. Then we didn't call any time-outs when we did stop them, and the players got ticked. Basically, we gave up.

Brady Reed: He's a Sophomore, and he doesn't know what he's doing. The first game should've given that away, where he threw two complete ducks to Gino Norwood that were amazing catches. If we're going to use him, let's get some good screen passes going to Swafford and Norwood.

Matthew Polk: Extremely underused and quick player. Should've been a one two Warrick Dunn/Jerious Norwood type situation. This could be rubbish though. He never really played much against 1st string or good defenses. I'd still like to see us try a bit more though.

The offensive scheme-Marshall has four plays-Swing Pass, Delayed handoff L/R, Shovel Pass, and Outside Toss. How hard can it be to scheme four plays. I'm sure the QB can learn more than that. Plus, with two great Running Backs and Two fast, bruising fullbacks, we could've had solid Wing-T, and used much less passing.

Secondary was the reason we didn't win state last year, and not much has improved. I know we have talent, so it must be coaching.

The O-line isn't near last year's level either, but I can't fault that too much. We're young.

There's a lot of youth out there on the field, but I would've been much more satisfied this year with the 7-2 record we were talented enough to have vs. the 6-3 we're going to get.

To me, lets see 17-7. Looks like it was the offense that didn't put any points up. Unless you plan on shutting out Oak Ridge which isn't very easy. Defense seemed to do pretty well holding them to 17 points. What happend to the team that put up 40 points on Farragut? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

As my wife has said many times, "I would hate that my JOB was depending on how well a bunch of High school kids were playing a ball game.". I pointed out to her that how they play IS their job, but as usual she was NOT impressed with what I said. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Holding Oak Ridge to 17 points isn't a bad night. Granted, the Farragut game was where you needed some defense, but 17 vs. OR is winnable. I'd worry more about offense in this game. But then again, racking up all those points against Farragut makes me wonder if you have offense problems.

Sounds to me like two fairly evenly matched teams, with the better one showing up ready to play.

If you have a beef, I think you ought to lay it on the extra-curricular crud that has mired your team down.

Owlfanatic, I'm curious to hear your response to the initial comments.

I don't agree. As for the OR game, our guys were outsized by a long shot. Just to see them line up against eachother was a mismatch. We were out of position some, but mainly it was OR size and sped that hurt our defense. And #5 on their team was a beast, in my opinion, he refused to go down and kept gaining 3-4 extra yards per carry. Our guys do need a basic lesson in tackling though. We looked like a pinball machine. We kept bumping thier players"hoping" they would get knocked down. We've got to learn to "wrap them up".. What's with all this arm tackling? If you watched film on this game(or comcast replay) I think you'd see that we missed alot of tackles.

Bottom line is, I think we came out flat. OR was pumped up from the get go, and we let the wind out of our sails and soon as the first mishap happened. OR learned real quick they they could run their swing pass and get

8 yards every time.

We HAVE to win Friday night against Soddy, or there will be no reason to worry about going to any playoffs this year.