South vs. Tennessee High

THSVikings2004

IF Is the key word /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> ..and you have to win a 3rd before you can win a 4th , last i heard anyway!

Know would have been a better choice /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You Gotta be WaCo's brother /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Me or Waco is p.o.'d. I'm just not sure which one! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think South is going to run all over THS tell us why. And don???t say ???because you can???t stop our boy Curt??? or you will not only prove my point but you???ll look like a total moron!!

Okay, here's why we're gonna run all over you. Listen closely. It's really hard to understand. I'll explain it in detail. BECAUSE WE'RE BETTER THAN YOU!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Shocked? /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Confused? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Greeneville proved South can be beat. Don't give me that "South wasn't on that night". They had just as much time to prepare as Greeneville. And if they can't get up for the Greeneville game they deserve to get beat. TN High needs to memorize that defensive plan of Greeneville's that night and add a twist or two themselves.

I still think South is a 7 - 3 team without Phillips, but that is just it...they have Phillips.

If TN High can knock the capootie out of Phillips every time he touches the ball, maybe they can hang with South.

I don't think they have enough and will go down hard.

South 21 + Phillips 21 = 42 Tn High 17

( I hear Curt even sells popcorn at halftime ) /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Me or Waco is p.o.'d. I'm just not sure which one! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Greeneville proved South can be beat. Don't give me that "South wasn't on that night". They had just as much time to prepare as Greeneville. And if they can't get up for the Greeneville game they deserve to get beat. TN High needs to memorize that defensive plan of Greeneville's that night and add a twist or two themselves.

I still think South is a 7 - 3 team without Phillips, but that is just it...they have Phillips.

If TN High can knock the capootie out of Phillips every time he touches the ball, maybe they can hang with South.

I don't think they have enough and will go down hard.

South 21 + Phillips 21 = 42 Tn High 17

( I hear Curt even sells popcorn at halftime ) /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

For us that did,nt see the game..what greeneville do to slow them down other than shadow Curt all night..just curious /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Okay, here's why we're gonna run all over you. Listen closely. It's really hard to understand. I'll explain it in detail. BECAUSE WE'RE BETTER THAN YOU!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Shocked? /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Confused? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

South might want to hope to stop the run a little more than they did with Carr(144 yards) from Elizabethton or this might be the Vikings key to success cause they have a much better line then Eliz has /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

For us that did,nt see the game..what greeneville do to slow them down other than shadow Curt all night..just curious /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Most of the time during that game G-ville ran almost the exact same base defense used by none other than....you guessed it, THS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Most of the time during that game G-ville ran almost the exact same base defense used by none other than....you guessed it, THS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I kinda like the sound of that!!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I think THS is a 7-3 team without Bible.

Who Cares? This is the game we have.

My understanding is there are two different successful approaches to defensing South under Phillips. The first was the all out blitz package employed by Watson in last year's D-B game. Phillips and South got rattled and fell apart. This requires alot of speed and I don't know if THS can do it. The second was the drop back zone package that G'ville ran earlier this year. This requires a lack of patience on the part of the Rebels. Also G'ville has the second best QB in the area and he made play after play.

THS is a kick return away from being undefeated. Another way to look at it is they are an idiot call to forego a field goal away by Gilligan from losing to Science Hill. They have been pretty one dimensional but did air it out a bit against Central.

In a week like this, any number of things can be an edge. Did both teams play a JV game tonight? If so, how did they turn out and was anyone hurt? I might have expected both schools to have cancelled.

Campusat you are the only poster from South that ever has anything remotely constructive to add to the conversation. Most if not all of the others that post sit around beating their chests chanting ???we???re better than you are???na-na na-na boo boo???. Why don???t we try something different this week and actually talk about the two teams and how they match up. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> If you think South is going to run all over THS tell us why. And don???t say ???because you can???t stop our boy Curt??? or you will not only prove my point but you???ll look like a total moron!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Now I know this is going to be a tuff task for many of you (especially Volman who hasn???t posted a relative remark all year), so by all means continue your chest beating if that makes you feel like a champion.

I was curious to know why South is ranked so low in the conference against the pass this year? My thought is that most teams are playing catch-up so they are forced to pass the ball more than they normally do. Or has your defensive backs strugled against the pass?

My fantasy teams are playing .500 ball so far this season. So take my following ratings with a grain of salt.

South Category THS Comments

X QB It all has already been said.

RB X Two great backs and one great nickname.

X WR Could be due to opportunities.

OL X A slight edge here at best; both do their roles.

DL X The Vikings' best chance.

LB X Surprisingly even; South's are improving.

X DB Good in coverage; improving run support.

Special Teams Even

X Coaching Carter outcoached Stubbs last year, we'll see.

X Intangibles Confidence and emotional edge to South.

X Edge South by 7