South vs. Tennessee High

THSVikings2004

Can't blame you for picking South to win, but comparing the 2007 South team to the 2004 Maryville team is ridiculous. Sure Philips is a great quarterback, but I bet they would fail to match up at every other position with Maryville. Cade Thompson was only part of Maryville's offense. They had other extremely good players such as Childs, Byner, Tank Baker, Ryan Tallent. Their defense was outstanding as well with guys like Gary Tucker. And that kicker, it feels like he was there forever. On top of that they never beat themselves with penalties and turnovers.

'04, do you know how many of these players from that Maryville team went D-1A? Cap stated earlier that they had more than one, but I don't recall.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't blame you for picking South to win, but comparing the 2007 South team to the 2004 Maryville team is ridiculous. Sure Philips is a great quarterback, but I bet they would fail to match up at every other position with Maryville. Cade Thompson was only part of Maryville's offense. They had other extremely good players such as Childs, Byner, Tank Baker, Ryan Tallent. Their defense was outstanding as well with guys like Gary Tucker. And that kicker, it feels like he was there forever. On top of that they never beat themselves with penalties and turnovers.

I agree. And on top of that the Maryville senior class of 04??™ was nothing short of State Champions since they entered high school. And since we (or you) are looking back to previous performances??¦how about the 04??™ South game. I believe the score was somethin like 52 to 7. No real relevance to this game??¦that??™s just incasing you Rebels forgot!!!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> And if I??™m not mistaken that was with Mr. Philips. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

'04, do you know how many of these players from that Maryville team went D-1A? Cap stated earlier that they had more than one, but I don't recall.

Do you recall this....52 to 7!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Cade signed with South Carolina, but I'm not sure where transferred to recently. Tucker is at Middle TN St. and Taka their kicker is listed on UT's JV. I'm not sure about anyone else.

I agree. And on top of that the Maryville senior class of 04??™ was nothing short of State Champions since they entered high school. And since we (or you) are looking back to previous performances??¦how about the 04??™ South game. I believe the score was somethin like 52 to 7. No real relevance to this game??¦that??™s just incasing you Rebels forgot!!!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> And if I??™m not mistaken that was with Mr. Philips. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yeah but he was about 14 at the time. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

The MLC game of the year or at least I hpoe. Big O V. Big D. I hope I am wrong about this game, but I do not see it as a close game. My South contacts have assured me the win is a done deal. Fireworks have been scheduled to celebrate a third MLC title. I do not think the much talked about Viking Defense can stop Phillips and company. The last time the Vikings ran into a Division 1 qb was 04 in Maryville and we know how that turned out. Phillips to the left Phillips to the right and then up the middle and then the air assault will be unleashed. I have heard a ray of hope, rumor has it the Vikings have a offensive suprise they have been working on for the last four weeks. I hope it will be a great game. A true battle for a championship but........Rebels 38 Vikings 19

Good luck to both, and to both regardless of the out come great seasons.

NEWS FLASH /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" /> All south contacts have been fired for giving false information leading to the heartbreak of there football fan base /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> . Coach Carter says:Heads will roll! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> These guys must be stopped before they do more damage!!! They have already cost us way to much in unusable pyrotechnics at least till new years. That is if they had good shelf life. Stay tuned for the rest of the story Friday night at 7:30. Film at 11:00

Do you recall this....52 to 7!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I also remember making a bet with a Tn High fan later that year when the playoffs rolled around. Can you believe the idiot gave me the Rebs and 21? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> But, he failed to show up after the game to pay me /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> .

Although I am a bit one sided when it comes to this dicussion, I do KNOW for a fact that it will be a great game. And i hope that it is close because it has already been named the game of the year in the MLC and maybe the state is 4A. I know Curt is an amazing player and is a force to be reckoned with but he is human. He is only 17. I personally think that if you shut him down(by shut down i mean that you keep him under his normal game averages), that THS could come out on the better end of the deal. South still has a very talented group of receivers who I expect to get many touches and at least one touchdown. But then as a counterpoint to that, THS has the #3 defense in the state in points allowed. They have a very strong front four with Dickerson and Bible bringing the heat. In my opinion, how well these boys play WILL determine the outcome of the game. On offense, I hope THS can run the option to some kind of perfection against South with Baker or Sheppard lining up in the backfield. Who knows, Ol' Stubbs might even throw in the split back to mix things up. All I know is that this is going to be a great game no matter who wins. Just a reminder, BUNDLE UP!!! Its gonna be a cold one in Death Valley. Theres a shocker /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> . But good luck to both teams...and...

GO VIKES!!!!