South vs. Tennessee High

THSVikings2004

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twas the night before the big game and all through the thread, not a Rebel was stirring, not even Pumkinhead!!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

This game could go both ways. If TN High does not stop Curt, then they have no chance of winning this game. The Vikings have an experienced front 4 on D, decent linebackers, corners are small (but Corey Young can make plays) and Turnbull at safety who you'll rarely see get beat deep. But if you cannot stop Phillips then who cares what kind of D you bring to the table. THe Vikings offense needs to control the ball and throw thru the air some, if this doesn't take place then this game is in South's hands. Ill go ahead and make a prediction, as much as I dont want to say it, South will win by more than 2 touchdowns. 28-14.

As much as you said it #4 you definitely know a few things about getting beat deep. I think it was at least twice the past two years verses south, right. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

In a recent role reversal, D-B has a good chance to advance deeper into the playoffs than South.

Wrong thread ET...nobody wants to here about DB on this thread. Besides South is all but guarantied to go on to at-least the third round and DB...well... /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Twas the night before the big game and all through the thread, not a Rebel was stirring, not even Pumkinhead!!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You are correct '04. There will be plenty of room for this game. I know it's a big game for both teams, but there have been much "bigger" games in the past and there's always been room for everyone. Hey, what ever happened to the TH fan back from a couple of years ago.........I think his screen name was something like fnslr?? or something close to that. He's the one that still owes me the coke from the playoff bet we made! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

I can't recall.

To my knowledge, I'm the only Viking fan that has been able to digest the crow and move on from the Maryville game. All the others vanished. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Wrong thread ET...nobody wants to here about DB on this thread. Besides South is all but guarantied to go on to at-least the third round and DB...well... /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

So you're going to double team the WR's and blitz a spy on Curt every play. That will force him to run. And if we lineup under center then...that's what you want. We do have two more very good options to that scenario. We know you're not going to play straight poker otherwise we will kill you.

Will you put Bible in the backfield? Bible, Shephard, and Baker...Oh my. You better not make a mistake because we will be on it.

So if you control Curt...and if we control your running game it will be zip/zip entering the 4th. I can see overtime. This game hinges on the South D period.

This game should be on ESPN.

So you're going to double team the WR's and blitz a spy on Curt every play. That will force him to run. And if we lineup under center then...that's what you want. We do have two more very good options to that scenario. We know you're not going to play straight poker otherwise we will kill you.

Will you put Bible in the backfield? Bible, Shephard, and Baker...Oh my. You better not make a mistake because we will be on it.

So if you control Curt...and if we control your running game it will be zip/zip entering the 4th. I can see overtime. This game hinges on the South D period.

This game should be on ESPN.

I predict that we will sit back in the zone and give Curt the short stuff underneath as to not give him the big play (which is the name of the game in the South). We will probably mix up the formations up front as to not allow Curt to get a good read (you may even see the Bible line up front and center). But you are right about one thing...putting Curt under center will give us a big advantage because that would limit the threat of him running.

I suspect South will try to play us straight up at first but quickly load up the box (as everybody else does) after Baker breaks off a couple of big gainers up the middle. Eating up the clock and wearing down the big boys up front will be the name of the game for the Vikings in the first half unless South's big play capability forces our hand. Expect the same in the second half but also expect the Vikings to reload with fresh legs as Shepherd will enter the game to share the load with Baker with one thing on his mind...getting to the endzone!

Stacy knows that the Vikings will be expecting the QB option so I expect the Rebels to try to go up top to Kitzmiller or Johnson right of the bat. WE WILL BE READY! We also know that the Rebels expect us to come after Curt (and we will) but the DBs are fully aware of the patented screen play to Fletcher.

With that said...special teams and turnovers will be big in this game!

I predict that we will sit back in the zone and give Curt the short stuff underneath as to not give him the big play (which is the name of the game in the South). We will probably mix up the formations up front as to not allow Curt to get a good read (you may even see the Bible line up front and center). But you are right about one thing...putting Curt under center will give us a big advantage because that would limit the threat of him running.

I suspect South will try to play us straight up at first but quickly load up the box (as everybody else does) after Baker breaks off a couple of big gainers up the middle. Eating up the clock and wearing down the big boys up front will be the name of the game for the Vikings in the first half unless South's big play capability forces our hand. Expect the same in the second half but also expect the Vikings to reload with fresh legs as Shepherd will enter the game to share the load with Baker with one thing on his mind...getting to the endzone!

Stacy knows that the Vikings will be expecting the QB option so I expect the Rebels to try to go up top to Kitzmiller or Johnson right of the bat. WE WILL BE READY! We also know that the Rebels expect us to come after Curt (and we will) but the DBs are fully aware of the patented screen play to Fletcher.

With that said...special teams and turnovers will be big in this game!

Cap...looks like we got ourselves a dog fight. 'Gonna be nasty. Your boy a Senior or Junior?

Ole Cap was nestled by the chimney with fright, cause he knew Death Valley was going to be a very cold night.

Stubbs was shaking with fear as he dropped to his knees, "My God" he was heard screaming "Curt's scored how many TD's?!!" /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />