Science Hill @ Dobyns-Bennett

Not most DBers..some. I for one don't think the final score will be as wide as SOME do. I do however feel that if DB were to lose this game it would be due to a)the DB players/coaches looking ahead to the playoffs or b)SS holding back all year in preparation for the game he was hired to win. Because on paper the gap in production on the field is a canyon. But let's be honest here, with all the talk and high expectations coming into the season (and after a 3-1 start), if the records were flipped this thread would be about to explode with predictions of how the Toppers were going to wipe the field with the Tribe. I have actually seen many DB fans on here talking about how they hate the sitatuation for the SH kids...I dare say there would be very few SH fans that would have ANY sympathy if it was vice versa. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I would think there's no way this would be true. If it is, then Gilligan is even more of an idiot than most of us thought.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are refering to the South - Science Hill game at the beginning of the season I don't think you could call that a "lofty score" (27-7). So look through your film collection 'till you find last years South - DB game (45-0), that will be a good example of getting beat by a lofty score.

thank you,

WaCo /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Jaco

Sucker

D-B fans realize this is the D-B vs. Science Hill game...many of us older folks understand the meaning of the game...remember some of the players for both teams have never attended a game that the Hill won (13 straight for Dobyns-Bennett)...it has been 27 years since the Hill won in Kingsport...thus the coaches are making sure that the players remember and understand the level of talent and potential coming to call on Friday...D-B has never lost to Campbell County and only lost to Karns one time (when much of that team phoned it in), but this team showed up and respected their opponents and played well the last two weeks...they will not take the Hill for granted...it will be a good one...

Roll Tribe Roll

I agree. This year's DB team hasn't taken anyone for granted. They couldn't afford to. The same effort that was there for the first four games has been there for the the last five. The results have been different as the team has improved and the competition got worse.

Everyone knows that Science Hill could be 6-3 or 7-2 right now. I know that the DB players have great respect for the talent at SH and will not be flat based on their record. These kids have played against SH since middle school and know the intensity of the games.

It should be a great game!!!

If you are refering to the South - Science Hill game at the beginning of the season I don't think you could call that a "lofty score" (27-7). So look through your film collection 'till you find last years South - DB game (45-0), that will be a good example of getting beat by a lofty score.

thank you,

WaCo /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Jaco

I would consider a 20 point win a pretty good beating myself. Let's see if you guys can do the same. I think you will.

I would consider a 20 point win a pretty good beating myself. Let's see if you guys can do the same. I think you will.

Yes, a pretty good beating. But to be truthful. 1 point is as good a margin as 40 when your marking down the W. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

For those attending the game Friday, be sure to get there for the "Walk" or "War Whoop" (pre-game show). Immediately following that, the DB Band will present their competitive show rather than the football half time show that everyone has already seen(they have 2 shows). The show is call "Ascension". This 2007 show has made them Grand Champions at Western Carolina Univerisity's Tournament of Champions. They then won 3rd place, a mere .05 of a point behind the 2nd place band (Norwin HS, N. Huntington PA) in the Baltimore Bands of America Regional championship. The Norwin band that placed 2nd has won 21 BOA regionals and has been National Grand Champion in the recent past. DB has also brought the Tennessee Governor's trophy back to Kingsport again this year (2 in a row) by taking 2nd place behind the best band in Kentucky at Contest of Champions in Murfreesboro. This will be the last time this show is ever presented and the 1st time at a football game.

Science Hill will perform the half time show. They have had a very good year too from what I hear. Senior night for the band will also be at half time.

Just thought folks on this thread would be interested in Friday night's schedule.

The student body has a heavy heart this week. A Sr, Jonathan Metcalf, (soccer player) had a freak accident on Monday while cleaning golf carts at RCC. He had to have surgery on his brain yesterday and the next 24-48 hours are VERY critical for his recovery. A prayer is most appreciated. Hopefully those in charge at DB will have the "nads" to ask for PRAYER at the DB game.

The student body has a heavy heart this week. A Sr, Jonathan Metcalf, (soccer player) had a freak accident on Monday while cleaning golf carts at RCC. He had to have surgery on his brain yesterday and the next 24-48 hours are VERY critical for his recovery. A prayer is most appreciated. Hopefully those in charge at DB will have the "nads" to ask for PRAYER at the DB game.

Sorry to hear about the accident . . . I for one will not wait until tomorrow night??™s game, I will be praying now.

It's heartbreaking to think of a kid having a to face a struggle like this so early in life. It puts a football GAME in total perspective. With all due respect, not sure about requesting prayer and using "nads" in the same sentence. But I understand and support your point.