MILAN @ WESTVIEW

Futball4Life

31-14 Westview

Dont let Chargers182002 comment on this thread, he's pulling for the upsest so his 9-1 regular season isnt over-shadowed /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

If he hadn't missed the tackle on the sweep, he could have been 10-0. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've often wondered just how the game could be "closer than the score indicates." Isn't the score how one tells how close a game is? If not, why keep score? Just remember, bulldog fan, punctuation is our friend. Then again, so are rational thoughts. Been feeling lonely lately?

im not lonely at all i choose not to waste good grammer on mess boards but leave it to u to call me out on that however about the score the rush yards first downs pass yard were almost identical u had about ten to fifteen more rush yards but they had 3 turnovers that im guessing ur boys took advantage of which is what good teams do not disputing that never have but my theory is this milan has alot of weapons no the scores have not indicated that but even u have to admit its their they just havent put it together yet but if they do this week it will be a loss for the charger book it!!!!!!!! theres my puctuation lol all kidding aside should be a great one

If he hadn't missed the tackle on the sweep, he could have been 10-0. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

It's not his fault, Justin was standing in front of him and he had to walk between his legs to try and make the tackle /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

oh btw i must commend u chevy u had a really intelgent post a few min ago the one in which u predict the view by 10 i can respect that i dont think it will happen but respect ur view from that point u also had some other good points btw just had to let u know im not like some of the fans on here we all have opinions i just cant do it with people that wanna predict it wont even be close i think it will be a great game

You are correct chevy I did say that I don't compare scores of games and I did not. You stated that Westview would be "by far the best team we have played this year." Camden played ya'll very close and could have very easily won that game. I'm not comparing two seperate games I'm going by what they did on the field with the chargers. I've seen Camden play and was impressed. I thoght since it was such a close game Westview might not have been "much better than any team we have faced(which includes Camden). Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the Chargers should have scheduled UTM instead. Maybe that comment was supposed to scare the Dawgs. I don't know.

im not lonely at all i choose not to waste good grammer on mess boards but leave it to u to call me out on that however about the score the rush yards first downs pass yard were almost identical u had about ten to fifteen more rush yards but they had 3 turnovers that im guessing ur boys took advantage of which is what good teams do not disputing that never have but my theory is this milan has alot of weapons no the scores have not indicated that but even u have to admit its their they just havent put it together yet but if they do this week it will be a loss for the charger book it!!!!!!!! theres my puctuation lol all kidding aside should be a great one

I'm certainly relieved to hear you're not lonely. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" My theory, in opposition to your theory is this. If Milan was able to score more, they would have by now. After all, the object of running all those plays is to score points. Regardless of stats, if team A scores 10 points and team W scores 38 points against the same opponent on separate nights, one could resonably conclude that the team scoring 38[team W] conceivably possesses the capability of producing more points than the team who scored 10[team M], at least against that common opponent[Team H]. If you want to argue that there are variables that may account for the difference , I won't disagree. However to argue that the number of !st downs indicates the strenght of a team is faulty logic. What if a team scores 5 times from inside their 10 yardline following turnovers? What relevence does the fact that they made no first downs have in determining the strenght of that team? The answer is obviously, none. If you want to use the Humboldt games to argue a point to Milan's advantage, I would suggest you point out that Milan held Humboldt scoreless and that Milan's defense scored 7 points, while Westview's defense gave up 8 points, thus suggesting an advantage for Milan's defense. I, in turn, could reply that Westview's special teams scored a td and set up another, indicating an advantage to Westview in that area. As far as Milan having a lot of weapons, I'm sure they do, but Westview hasn't exactly disarmed. In reference to the "ifs" and "buts", you've surely heard the saying concerning them and candy and nuts. If I was a Milan supporter,[shudder] /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I would accentuate the fact that Milan despite an, at times, anemic offense, has played tough defense, used a solid kicking game and the team concept to be 8-1 this season so far, against tough opposition [ except for the rent-a-win.].

oh btw i must commend u chevy u had a really intelgent post a few min ago the one in which u predict the view by 10 i can respect that i dont think it will happen but respect ur view from that point u also had some other good points btw just had to let u know im not like some of the fans on here we all have opinions i just cant do it with people that wanna predict it wont even be close i think it will be a great game

That wasn't me! The Chevy respects all opponents and Milan especially too much to ever predict victory. I do thank you for calling me intelligent . I'm usually called much worse. As I've often said, most hope to win and seldom do. Some few expect to win and usually do. Milan and Westview are 2 teams that expect to win.

Have seen both play.Milan has a better defense.Westview has a more explosive offence.I think its going to be a nailbiter and low scoring game.By the way 48Chevy,Camden has beaten westview twice,been a while,1979-80.

Okay, I'll take your word for that and amend my statement. No one who plays for either team was alive the last time Camden beat Westview. Further, Coach Coady led teams have never lost to Camden. There. All is right in the universe now.