MILAN @ WESTVIEW

Futball4Life

I disagree FG. If you want to start throwing out what if scores. What if the refs call an obvious block in the back right in front of Moore on the punt return for a TD. What if the side judge can count to 7 and doesn't call back a TD run on a bogus illegal formation call. Your score...21-0. The one XP wasn't missed it was blocked. Coady makes a bad call on the fake punt and costs WV 7. Milans DBs play poorly and cost us 14. Good luck hope to see you again

That wasn't what I was saying at all, but you take it how you want to. Milan won. They beat us. I don't do "what if" games. I was looking at what we did that we could improve on. God bless. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

And I might be mistaken, but the Head Ref called false start on the call back didn't he? Just asking, not trying to debate. I remember he did the "false start" motion. I was actually looking for a holding on Milan or a Facemask on Westview. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nosir mr FG. The false start penalty and illegal formation penalty both use the same "signal." Had it been a false start the play would have been blown dead. As it was the ref miscounted and threw the flag after the snap. Blown call take 6 off the board.

Well, alright. That makes sense. Thank you. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I will have to say Burlison is one of the smartests, strongest, hard hitting son of a gun's I have played agianst in a long time. I would have to say all the glory of this game goes to the coaches. They had us in all the right positions and gave us the best shot to beat these guys and we just carried it out.

Region 8 2A CHAMPS & STATE BOUND

He is ! If I may say so, as a proud Father. Hats off to Milan you played a great ,hard hitting game! You were the better team in the trenches last night where the battle was.I also want to say as much as these two RIVALS go at it,the sportsmenship was great! Good Luck to both teams next week,cuz they both will have tough rematches.

I disagree FG. If you want to start throwing out what if scores. What if the refs call an obvious block in the back right in front of Moore on the punt return for a TD. What if the side judge can count to 7 and doesn't call back a TD run on a bogus illegal formation call. Your score...21-0. The one XP wasn't missed it was blocked. Coady makes a bad call on the fake punt and costs WV 7. Milans DBs play poorly and cost us 14. The difference was in fact, Milan outhit the opponent. Good luck hope to see you again.

Coach Cody didn't make a fake punt,it was a miscue from a player, Cody wouldn't call a fake that deep in Milans territory,he respects them to much.

Coach Cody didn't make a fake punt,it was a miscue from a player, Cody wouldn't call a fake that deep in Milans territory,he respects them to much.

I agree with you cmb64, our db faked punk block early in the snap count as the line was coming set. It drew the attention of the punter and then the db came stright to the punter after the snap. He started out too wide to make it and block the kick but I feel sure the punter saw him leave his man wide open. My guess is he has been taught to take the open man in that situation, but he may have done it on his own? Anyway, when we run that play the LB slides out just in case they decide to throw. It worked perfect for us and was big as far as momentum. The only thing was you guys got big Mo back on your side in the 3rd Quarter. I really wasn't sure we were going to survive the 3rd and still have the lead. Had you guys gotten that score on the possession at the end of the 3rd/start of the 4th, I feel things might have turned out different.

It was a good game to watch and both teams have things they need to work on!!!

Good luck over the next couple of weeks /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree with you cmb64, our db faked punk block early in the snap count as the line was coming set. It drew the attention of the punter and then the db came stright to the punter after the snap. He started out too wide to make it and block the kick but I feel sure the punter saw him leave his man wide open. My guess is he has been taught to take the open man in that situation, but he may have done it on his own? Anyway, when we run that play the LB slides out just in case they decide to throw. It worked perfect for us and was big as far as momentum. The only thing was you guys got big Mo back on your side in the 3rd Quarter. I really wasn't sure we were going to survive the 3rd and still have the lead. Had you guys gotten that score on the possession at the end of the 3rd/start of the 4th, I feel things might have turned out different.

It was a good game to watch and both teams have things they need to work on!!!

Good luck over the next couple of weeks /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Wear that free t-shirt you won Friday to JOHNNIE HALE STADIUM >>HOME OF THE 4 TIME STATE CHAMPION