Siegel vs. Lebannon

gostars

I've always heard:

Go for 2 on the road

Go for OT at home

isnt that a baseball rule to where ou send a runner and make them amke a play ?....in that situation you kick the extra point and let the chips fall where they fall however watson was true to his word about if you score a TD on this drive we will go for 2 since he told those kids that then that is that is the right thing to do you must be a man of your word and if he sends the FG unit out there the kids would have said ...you said we would go for 2 so in that aspect he did the ABSOLUTE RIGHT THING

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats to lebannon on the win, its ashame someone had to lose this game i tip my cap to siegel for turning their season around the second half of the year and playing as tough as they did, last night the kids showed alot of heart and ought to be very proud of themselves, last nights game also shows this has to be the toughest region in 5a football to miss the playoffs by just one point!!

just to let you guys know us siegel players on o wanted to go for it we came all this way and we was willing to take the chance watson may blame himself but we all wanted to go for it. he asked us and we said yes. also if you have noticed about half our kicks are blocked (one earlier in the game) so it was a 50-50 either way. now i would have called a different play but hay you win some you lose some but this one hurts the most

just to let you guys know us siegel players on o wanted to go for it we came all this way and we was willing to take the chance watson may blame himself but we all wanted to go for it. he asked us and we said yes. also if you have noticed about half our kicks are blocked (one earlier in the game) so it was a 50-50 either way. now i would have called a different play but hay you win some you lose some but this one hurts the most

but this isnt the one to lose...and yes if ur gonna go for it call a diff play to maybe marc gooch or someone like that

thank you for proving my point coach told yall if u score TD we go for 2 that is what he had to do...yall wanted to he told you he would He made the right call going for 2 in that case...gotta be a man of your word

On the last Siegel drive Lebanon did hit Kiss out of bounds after about a 15-17 yard scramble. That was an extra 15. Lebanon had an interception in the endzone later in the drive wiped out on a pass interference call. Adrian Woods (35) blocked a 44 yard field goal attempt at the 8:31 mark of the fourth quarter. Tell me about NO. 6 Hughes. He's HUGE and pretty quick. Is he going to play in college, what level.

thank you for proving my point coach told yall if u score TD we go for 2 that is what he had to do...yall wanted to he told you he would He made the right call going for 2 in that case...gotta be a man of your word

siegel fans were most irritated with the play call on the 2 points from what i was hearing last night. regardless, this dont look to good on watson, theres been fans upset with him for a while now and there are PLENTY of great coaches who would love to coach in murfreesboro, nolan knows this.

The way Lebanon was moving the ball was reason enough to go for 2. Both teams played a heckuva game. It was fought hard and to the last second. I agree with the call to go for 2 but send caleb or gooch on the route. Not Chris Morant. Nothing against Chris but if its a jump ball he is not the person you want in there. Watson made a great call with 30 seconds or so left calling a draw to pico. I personally think that they should have ran and tried to get it, but it was a good game and watson did a darn good job this year so you cant take anything away from him. It was tough to watch those kids go down like they did. Montori Hughes especially. He is just as good as Verge from Riverdale. He is a football player and i hope he gets to play at the next level.

it was the saddest night of my football career and hurt a lot to see it end that way........but i agree with going for it especially with the fact that we knew before hand that we were going for it we just didnt get it........someone had to lose ...........it was just us this time and not them........lebanon has a solid football team and will beat lincoln county in the first round.......siegel will do great things next year with tanner witt playing in his first starting on varsity and howse at RB.....stars will still have plenty fire power next year despite the losses from this years senior class

it was the saddest night of my football career and hurt a lot to see it end that way........but i agree with going for it especially with the fact that we knew before hand that we were going for it we just didnt get it........someone had to lose ...........it was just us this time and not them........lebanon has a solid football team and will beat lincoln county in the first round.......siegel will do great things next year with tanner witt playing in his first starting on varsity and howse at RB.....stars will still have plenty fire power next year despite the losses from this years senior class

off topic and might be to personal to bring up on coacht but i saw you on the side of the interstate right outside nashville this morning on the way to the titans game are you okay? i didnt know if yall were having car troubles or a collision or something because i saw a car right behind yall. hope you are okay and got to make it to the game.