Franklin Co at Cumberland Co

wingman10

You post as if there's only one quarterback for the next three years. There are other players that could step up but with the current coaching staff it is apparent that they will not get a chance.

Good coaching always helps. But the brutal truth is, Cumberland County had absolutely zero athletes on the field this season. I would like to hope there are some in the hallways that can put the pads on, and perhaps a coaching change would get them out there.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good coaching always helps. But the brutal truth is, Cumberland County had absolutely zero athletes on the field this season. I would like to hope there are some in the hallways that can put the pads on, and perhaps a coaching change would get them out there.

THAT IS QUITE A LARGE DOUBLE EDGED SWORD YOU CARRY THERE. YOU SEEM TO SWING IT BOTH WAYS. I GUESS THAT BRINGS A NEW MEANING TO "BRUTAL TRUTH". ARE THERE ANY POSITIVE COMMENTS OUT THERE?

THAT IS QUITE A LARGE DOUBLE EDGED SWORD YOU CARRY THERE. YOU SEEM TO SWING IT BOTH WAYS. I GUESS THAT BRINGS A NEW MEANING TO "BRUTAL TRUTH". ARE THERE ANY POSITIVE COMMENTS OUT THERE?

I hear that "no talent" often. I think it is an excuse used more than it should be used. A good coach should accept responsibility and take some blame, but also a coach/teacher should be able to inspire and movitate and lead athletes to believe in a team. Maybe even be a salesman to future players. Sure, this is high school, but players want a leader/coach. Got to mold that "no talent" into a good player. No one ever said it would be easy.

FB - Cumberland County High School in Crossville has assistant football coaching positions for OL, WR, DL, Secondary and defensive coordinator. Various certifications needed. PE need not apply. For more info contact head coach Tony Shultz at (931) 200-2906 or send resume to shultzt@k12tn.net . (11/12/2007)

not just looking for volunteers

You post as if there's only one quarterback for the next three years. There are other players that could step up but with the current coaching staff it is apparent that they will not get a chance.

glh7252

Are you interested in helping to make a change in the CCHS football program? If so let me know. If there is anyone else out there that would like to help make a change let me know also. It is a work in progress. The more the better.

You are sadly mistaken. There is plenty of talent on that team, but its hard to do anything with it when the coaches change there offense and defense every week. To me there was total confusion, and yes a coaching change would bring more talent out of the school hall ways and on to the field.

JF21 as im not around much, what is the coaching situation right now, any new hires or fires or volunteer coaches

I don't know. You probably know more than I. All I know is, there are quite a few people who want a change and I plan on doing all i can to help make a change. This coaching staff is making CCHS look like a joke! People are saying that CCHS has no talent and that is BS! A coach has to put players in a situation to win and ours do not. Why can't these coaches take a hint and just step down? I believe you should up grade your ad, to looking for an entire coaching staff! What does PE need not apply mean? And doesn't seem like you need any certifications to coach at CCHS if you look at the current staff!

I don't know. You probably know more than I. All I know is, there are quite a few people who want a change and I plan on doing all i can to help make a change. This coaching staff is making CCHS look like a joke! People are saying that CCHS has no talent and that is BS! A coach has to put players in a situation to win and ours do not. Why can't these coaches take a hint and just step down? I believe you should up grade your ad, to looking for an entire coaching staff! What does PE need not apply mean? And doesn't seem like you need any certifications to coach at CCHS if you look at the current staff!

Your just going to waste your time

"PE need not apply" probably means that there are no openings for PE certified only teachers. With all of your coaching knowledge and football experience, why are you not on staff at CCHS? It seems that the best way to change things would be to work with what you've got to get better rather than a wholesale change. When coaches are constantly attacked, they tend to become more isolated and reliant on themselves because they feel that everyone is out to get them. Why have you not sat down with the coaches and the AD at CCHS and shown them how to turn the program around. All I'm saying is that all the negativity only contributes to the problems at CCHS. Why don't you be part of the solution rather than the problem?