Franklin Co at Cumberland Co

wingman10

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin County played a good clean game against us last week. There was no dirty play at all. They were very aggressive...especially on defense...but not dirty.

That's good to know Antwan. They 've had a hard year too. I heard both teams has got talent. A lot of rumbling around here if Coach Britton will be back. I heard his Bosses support him so I guess he'll be back.

That's good to know Antwan. They 've had a hard year too. I heard both teams has got talent. A lot of rumbling around here if Coach Britton will be back. I heard his Bosses support him so I guess he'll be back.

I've seen Franklin Co. play twice this year and I did not see ANY dirty play from them either game. They played good hard aggressive football.

Franklin Co. did not play dirty and run up the score. They just left most of the starting team on the field until the third quarter. Cumb. Co. has been playing dirty all year by keeping the starters on the field every quarter every game. This is the first time that CCHS has scored on a starting team. CCHS scored two touchdowns on the York freshman team . What a poor showing of sportsmanship. That freshman qb is sure not a hero but you are right they are trying to make him one. You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. He threw 5 interceptions in the Meigs Co. game and the coaches were happy. Will we be better next year? Not until changes are made at several positions.

he threw 4 against meigs and so you know #89 for franklin co, their best player, was in the whole game not the 3rd quarter. our starters are our jv team minus bobby limbourg and chase, so take it as you will, maybe they should have pulled those 3 but underclassmen are fair game. I didnt like us kicking onside kicks in the 4th quarter as we had no chance to win and the fake punts in the late part of the game was suspect. however can someone please explain to me how they are trying to make the freshmen qb a hero?

i saw the game and honestly thought the jets looked alot better physically than their record. however, coaching wise they looked lost through the whole game. it didn't look like they were prepared and surely not ready to play. i thought the team looked like they were coached by a middle school coaching staff not a 5A staff.

i saw the game and honestly thought the jets looked alot better physically than their record. however, coaching wise they looked lost through the whole game. it didn't look like they were prepared and surely not ready to play. i thought the team looked like they were coached by a middle school coaching staff not a 5A staff.

That is because they are coached by a middle school staff. The coaches need to man up and leave!

he threw 4 against meigs and so you know #89 for franklin co, their best player, was in the whole game not the 3rd quarter. our starters are our jv team minus bobby limbourg and chase, so take it as you will, maybe they should have pulled those 3 but underclassmen are fair game. I didnt like us kicking onside kicks in the 4th quarter as we had no chance to win and the fake punts in the late part of the game was suspect. however can someone please explain to me how they are trying to make the freshmen qb a hero?

Because the coaches are centering everything around him and not the team. And if it continues, he will have to do it all by himself!

He had one interception dropped against meigs that would be 5. He is the only qb that gets to play and what about the second team that never get to play. By leaving him in the game they must be trying to make a hero out of him or get him killed. Why not let the next qb play and let him letter. When the other team is ahead 35 points why not let others play and why else would you leave your starting qb in the game except to make him a hero.

what is the solution then run 40 times with the rbs only throw it 4 times, or didnt we try that against coffee co and rhea co and stone got our backs killed. didnt we also try that against york in the first half and was unsuccessful there too. meigs we threw 4 times in the 1st half ran the qb 2 times all the rest were by rbs.agian nothing? our rbs should get more carries, but as we saw early in the season our rbs didnt have much success because we were playing 11vs 8 on offense and our line isnt dominant we stalemate people just like the last 2 years when we were strugglind. also there was no respect to the wrs or qb. that is our problem as long as we are mediocre in the blocking and have very little threat at passing we dont have a prayer running the ball. heath blaylock or ostrander neither one could have gained yards this year. they had a qb that could run the ball a line that could dominate and recievers that could make plays.

in my opinion this is what needs to happen for us to be successful by next season in no particular order:

1. we need an o-line coach that will get our boys back to what we used to be: dominate the los and be able to run the ball at will with our backs. we cant block the run right now. you cant expect anyone to run with no holes

2. terryl needs to get more accurate with his throws and more reps with the recievers running the routes theyll run in the season. this season was completely different than in the summer. he will be going to several camps during the summer to get proper instruction on throwing and decision making and will be much impoved for the next season

3. the running backs need to get quicker and faster, we were one step from making plays that couldve been huge. its not their fault, they havent been taught and dont practice what it takes to get quicker and faster: stretching, agility drills lower body strenght, lower body explosion, ect ect

4. our recievers need to get used to catching the ball and making plays including going and getting the ball. we havent done that well in years. look at friday first play of the game was terrific but the wr had no clue where the ball was.

5.SPECIAL TEAMS they were horrible 75% of the time this year, we had 3 turnover alone friday on special teams

6. our whole team needs tons of reps this summer with the offense were gonna run this year. its something we didnt have this year and it hurt badly. recievers didnt know routes, the line didnt know who to block, and the qb didnt know reads frequently

7. we needs some new assistants that will allow us to devote time to individual positions and let us maximize productivity in our specific positions. most of the good teams have 10-14 assistant coaches that allow specialization among the players

8. all the players need to get stonger and more disciplined. too many turnovers and ridiculous penalties. we also need a change of attitude: expect to win make the other team dread seeing you on the schedule

we have the players to win, we need to start getting better now and waiting until july to do so. the players gotta start liftin now!!!!!

to me that is what we need more than anything

Because the coaches are centering everything around him and not the team. And if it continues, he will have to do it all by himself!

I have seen the Jets play, and I have to agree with you. There is alot of talent that is not used. The coaches do not know what they are doing. In turn, these boys are in total dismay. There is a heck of alot of confusion on the field. Which the coaches are only to blame. See the thing is this, we know these boys and how they can play. These coaches are outsiders and do not have a clue and I don't think they really want to know either. We will see if they make it back next year. Would really hate to see that, since they have already ruined the football year for two senior classes. Let alone, I hear there are alot of boys in the school that would play if it were not for the coaches.

what is the solution then run 40 times with the rbs only throw it 10 times, or didnt we try that against coffee co and got our backs killed. didnt we also try that against york in the first half and was unsuccessful there too. meigs we threw 4 times in the 1st half ran the qb 2 times all the rest were by rbs..... blanked? our rbs should get more carries, but as we saw early in the season our rbs didnt have much success because we were playing 11vs 8 on offense, there was no respect to the wrs or qb. that is our problem as long as we are mediocre in the blocking and have very little threat at passing we dont have a prayer running with the backs. heath blaylock or ostrander neither one could have gained yards this year.

in my opinion this is what needs to happen

1. we need an o-line coach that will get our boys back to what we used to be: able to run the ball at will with our backs. we cant block the run right now. you cant expect anyone to run with no holes

2. terryl needs to get more accurate with his throws and more reps with the recievers running the routes theyll run in the season. this summer was completely different than in the summer. he will be going to several camps during the summer to get proper instruction on throwing and decision making

3. the running backs need to get quicker and faster, we were one step from making plays that couldve been huge. its not their fault, they havent been taught what it takes to get quicker and faster

4. our recievers need to get used to catching the ball and making plays including going and getting the ball. we havent done that well in years. look at friday first play of the game was terrific but the wr had no clue where the ball was.

5.SPECIAL TEAMS they were horrible 75% of the time this year, we had 3 turnover alone friday on special teams

6. our whole team needs tons of reps this summer with the offense were gonna run this year. its something we didnt have this year and it hurt badly. recievers didnt know routes, the line didnt know who to block, and the qb didnt know reads frequently

7. we needs some new assistants that will allow us to devote time to individual positions and let us maximize productivity in our specific positions. most of the good teams have 10-14 assistant coaches that allow specialization among the players

8. all the players need to get stonger and more disciplined. too many turnovers and ridiculous penalties. we also need a change of attitude: expect to win make the other team dread seeing you on the schedule

we have the players to win, we need to start getting better now and waiting until july to do so. the players gotta start liftin now!!!!!

to me that is what we need more than anything

I agree 100% now is the time to start preparing for next season. I also agree with all the problems you just went over. It seems as though you think coaching is to blame in a lot of instances. My question to you is; If you think coaching is to blame, why do you seem to support the current staff? You seem to see everything I do and what so many others see. How do you feel about the coaching staff as coaches?