Riverdale @ Lavernge

CantStopTheChop

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again you show your lack of knowledge. The object of the defense is to stop the advancement of the offense. If you knew anything about defensive line play you would know that by running around blocks you are opening up running lanes, and being undisciplined in your approach. I would agree that the vistior side of our stadium is small, but not for long. We will be increasing the size before next season.

corect me if im wrong that wont be happing soon it was posponed by the board

With apologies once again to the Lavergne fans. I do believe that it was number 58 or 59 for your team who shook up our "freshman" running back.

dang, your right for the first time in your life...tell little boy to sit down. tell dakota he couldda been a part of that line too its a dang shame wasted talent playing for smyrna

as far as verge, go pick up a copy of On The Ball Magazine, see whose on the cover (for his 2nd time). verge is a 3rd year starter, likely will receive a nomination for mr. football for linemen...the only way i dont see him getting one is if one of his own teammates get a nomination (david spurlock or travis lilienthal). of course its standard for riverdale to have a nominee in BOTH categories but having multiple guys up for the same category is unheard of

verge is a baller only thing that hurts him on the next level is his size but he's as good a high school player as it gets and colorado is recruiting him pretty hard from what i hear like that other guy what was his name? eugene goree you might remember him too

According to the coach at Wilson Central, LHS is very much for real.

I would have to take his word over yours. Unless you coach a team in 5-a football.

The Wolverines four region losses are by 1, 3, 2 and 3 points. If they get one more great catch in each of those games the standings would look like this:

Riverdale 6-0

Lavergne 6-0

Wilson Central 4-2

Smyrna 3-3

Lebanon 2-4

Siegel 2-4

Riverdale and Lavergne should be a great night at the ballyard. If Riverdale doesn't make mistakes and can get 3 interceptions again like they did against Smyrna they should win but if Lavergne can hit some big plays and capitalize on a mistake or two they can just as easily win. Riverdale has a lot to play for - namely a 10-0 season and to keep the region win-streak intact. Lavergne would love to be the one to snap that streak - right 'Griz????

I just hope a referee's blown call doesn't decide the game like it almost did last week.... I wonder if calling incomplete passes before they hit the ground will be a point of emphasis this week in the officiating circles????

I just hope everyone gets through the game healthy and it is a well-played game and the Warriors win. My Lavergne friends hopes may (and probably do) agree to some of that but not the which-team-wins part.

LaVergne has the players and the ability to be a spoiler for anyone who plays them. The only one who really doubts their ability to do that is someone from Siegel. Warriors WILL take this game seriously and play that way. That is why the TEAM is 9-0 right now and going for 10-0! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />