Henry Co. vs Hardin Co.

BigRedForLife

well one reason they have lost 2 games is in the munford game they were out coached they didnt bring there "a" game and in the mcnairy game they didnt come to play at all...failed to mention that hardin co. has not gave up a passin TD all year they also have a DB who has 6 interceptions on the year...but ther low put on defense is stopping the run but they held JCM to only around 30 yards rushing...but if Hardin Co. can slow henry co.'s running game they will win but if not they will lose...

Correct about HC'S running game. Running a 4'6 at 150 lbs, who can stop him off of hardin county? besides a huddle of hardin.. nobody one on one can stop allen with the ball one on one

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry County has beaten four teams who have won 2 or fewer game and boast a combined record on the year of 4-31. Dickson County is historically pretty good.

Hardin County isn't much better, but they have played McNairy Central and Lexington. Lexington is somewhat down this year, but they have a lot of good athletes.

Bottom line is that this is a pretty weak region this year. I don't know that either team has really been tested outside of a couple of games. This should be a pretty even matchup.

Henry County has beaten a good Dickson County team and destroyed a good Munford team ( that destroyed Kingsbury, who beat Melrose). Henry County also was a power outage away from destroying Northside, who has a heck of a team, despite their record. The matchup may be even, but the region is not as weak as you think.

Henry County has beaten a good Dickson County team and destroyed a good Munford team ( that destroyed Kingsbury, who beat Melrose). Henry County also was a power outage away from destroying Northside, who has a heck of a team, despite their record. The matchup may be even, but the region is not as weak as you think.

I respectfully disagree. Dickson County (although historically pretty good) has not beaten a team with a winning record all season. Facts are facts. Munford is just okay. And while Memphis teams are usually dripping with overall talent, they are as undisciplined by and large as humanly possible.

I stand by my statement that this is a relatively weak region. The Jackson teams are grossly down by their own standards. And the two Memphis teams in the region are not perennial "good" teams within the Memphis/Shelby Co. area. Most close observers would agree, I believe.

I respectfully disagree. Dickson County (although historically pretty good) has not beaten a team with a winning record all season. Facts are facts. Munford is just okay. And while Memphis teams are usually dripping with overall talent, they are as undisciplined by and large as humanly possible.

I stand by my statement that this is a relatively weak region. The Jackson teams are grossly down by their own standards. And the two Memphis teams in the region are not perennial "good" teams within the Memphis/Shelby Co. area. Most close observers would agree, I believe.

You disagree with what? Do you disagree that Dickson County has a good team? Do you disagree that Munford has a good team? Do you disagree that Northside has a good team? Do you disagree that Melrose has a good team? Do you disagree that Kingsbury has a good team? Do you disagree that Henry County has a good team? Do you disagree that Hardin County has a good team? Are NONE of these teams any good?

You disagree with what? Do you disagree that Dickson County has a good team? Do you disagree that Munford has a good team? Do you disagree that Northside has a good team? Do you disagree that Melrose has a good team? Do you disagree that Kingsbury has a good team? Do you disagree that Henry County has a good team? Do you disagree that Hardin County has a good team? Are NONE of these teams any good?

Dickson County is very average. Munford is just okay. Melrose has been undisciplined for years. This is not some recent phenomenon. Kingsbury? See Melrose. I don't think that Henry County is "all that". Nor do I think that Hardin County is. They are what they are. Two teams off the "beaten path" with very few prospects to draw from in order to field a superior roster. Both are average teams and will get waxed come playoff time. Either might win a Round 1 game, but they will struggle to go much further.

Northside and JCM have been historically good teams. How can you sit here and say that either are good? They are both down considerably. Munford and Kingsbury are okay, but far down the list in the Memphis pecking order.

Dickson County is very average. Munford is just okay. Melrose has been undisciplined for years. This is not some recent phenomenon. Kingsbury? See Melrose. I don't think that Henry County is "all that". Nor do I think that Hardin County is. They are what they are. Two teams off the "beaten path" with very few prospects to draw from in order to field a superior roster. Both are average teams and will get waxed come playoff time. Either might win a Round 1 game, but they will struggle to go much further.

Northside and JCM have been historically good teams. How can you sit here and say that either are good? They are both down considerably. Munford and Kingsbury are okay, but far down the list in the Memphis pecking order.

You apparently are not very up on West Tennessee football (no disrespect intended). Northside historically a good team?!?!? Both teams getting waxed come playoff time? Lexington is HORRIBLE this year! I think you were somehow able to sneak in some wacky weed down there at Lipscomb. I am not saying these statements to disrespect any one team, but we just see things VERY differently.

Hardin Co riding 4 game winning streak scoring 34 ppg and giving up 12 ppg during the run!

Henry Co riding 5 game winning streak scoring 43 ppg and giving up 14 ppg during the run!

Both teams playing good defense.

Hardin Co has a potent passing attack and good running attack.

Henry Co has a potent running attack and good passing attack.

What more can you ask for? Championship on the line!

You may be right, you may be wrong, the competition that Henry county has beaten has been a little down on occasion, but this does not mean that henry county is not good or not all that. I am curious, have you seen Henry county play this year and against who? If Henry county had been barely winning agains theses teams then well, maybe I would understand where you are getting this impression. You speak of west tn teams being weak, who is so much stronger?

Clarksville? Mt. Juliet? Hillsboro? Maplewood? Maryville?

I guess we in the west are just thankful they let us play in th e same stadiums as those regions that are somuch stronger than ours.

I read a post last week that diplayed the competition of the top ranked 4a schools, looked to me like all the top 6 ranked schools including Maryville, Hillsboro, Mt. Juliet, Clarksville, and Red bank all had pretty soft schedules.

The "undisciplined for years" Melrose team has done the following: 1996-State Champs 1997-Runnerup 1998-State Champs 2004-Runnerup 2005-Runnerup. Another "weak Memphis" team, East, did the following: 1999-State Champs 2000-Runnerup. My point is that you can't make a blanket statement about Memphis, simply because you consider them "undisciplined". Those "undisciplined" teams have won three titles in the in the last eleven years. I guess you said the same thing last year about "pitiful" Henry County at 6-4, before they reeled off three straight playoff wins. Did Henry County get "waxed" last year, in the early rounds? Who is your team? I have never known Northside to be a historically good team, but I am not from here. But I do think much more of this year's team than you do.

Hardin county has just played as bad a team as it could inpreparation for one of its toughest teams of the year. They beat JCM worst than Henry county but htat is meaningless, before Henry county beat JCM, they were in some games, After Henry county went to the cougars house and beat them, everyone has followed suit. I think it will be a heck of a ball game Friday night and I hope that the Patritos do not do as they have doen the past two years and give up the reginal title to a team that has less talent. Shutt is probably among the states top reciever prospects but aside from him, it appears that Hardin county has just got some workmanship type players that show up, work hard, and get the job done kind of guys, they are coached well, they are generally undermanned by Henry county but they are at home and that will make it interesting in its own right.

If Henry county does not sure up some of its special teams, it could be a long trip home from Savanah.

Henry coutny is the better team this week but due to the magnitude of this game and the location, who will handle their business and who folds under pressure?

Henry county 37

Hardin county 20

Hardin county has just played as bad a team as it could inpreparation for one of its toughest teams of the year. They beat JCM worst than Henry county but htat is meaningless, before Henry county beat JCM, they were in some games, After Henry county went to the cougars house and beat them, everyone has followed suit. I think it will be a heck of a ball game Friday night and I hope that the Patritos do not do as they have doen the past two years and give up the reginal title to a team that has less talent. Shutt is probably among the states top reciever prospects but aside from him, it appears that Hardin county has just got some workmanship type players that show up, work hard, and get the job done kind of guys, they are coached well, they are generally undermanned by Henry county but they are at home and that will make it interesting in its own right.

If Henry county does not sure up some of its special teams, it could be a long trip home from Savanah.

Henry coutny is the better team this week but due to the magnitude of this game and the location, who will handle their business and who folds under pressure?

Henry county 37

Hardin county 20

Although you seemed to have "toned down" your posts recently, we continue to disagree about the past. I thought that JCM had, far and away, the best talent in the region two years ago. I didn't think anyone else was even remotely close. I thought that Munford had more "imported" talent alone, than most teams in the region, and I thought they had the most overall talent in the region last year, although Henry County was second in talent. So, I do not agree that Henry County was guilty of "giving up" the region title to a lesser talented team. I believe that Henry County lost each year to a team with a little more talent, although each game was close. We do agree, however, on the need for special teams to improve.