Henry Co. vs Hardin Co.

BigRedForLife

I think this is very sad (along with declining attendance at games). Can you imagine how the players must feel if they read this? This is the best year HC has had in a long time, the kids are working their tails off, and people seem not to care. I hope someone can explain it. A lot of fans would be honored to be in the position we are in and to show the growth we have. We lose kids to the streets, etc., when we stop showing them we care.

Let's talk about the ballgame and the chance we have for a regional title. Let's support these kids.

The attendance issue is a little bit out of proportion. Most of the empty seats are those gosh-awful seats in the middle. Why they have back rests on them I don't understand. Anyone taller than 5'4" is terribly uncomfortable. The sides seem to be very well populated. The weather pretty much sealed the deal for lower than normal attendance. It was to be cold, and possibly raining. Not something that would keep me or any of the faithful away, but nonetheless, the fairweather fans won't come. Doesn't mean they don't support them. And don't let the number of people signed up for the dinner fool you either. For the last several years there have been only about 50 people signed up, even though our numbers on the team is going up, and up, and up - which is a great thing! So we as faithful need to do like you say RedPride and show the boys we care. Let's step it up a notch and see how much more we can support them in whatever way folks are able. This is the biggest regular season game Henry County has had in many, many years. Let's get that Big Red Train rolling on down the river and invade Savannah like its never been invaded before! I'm ready for this one!!!

Let's Get it ON!!!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guys who touched the ball last year in that game were much quicker in the Munford side than on the Henry County side. Lowery was good but a wide receiver does not touch it as often as a running back. Madison was quicker than anyone on the field. The running back for Munford was quicker than Allen. Munford's fullback was faster than Henry County's tailback. Munford was faster, quicker, and had better linemen. The Henry County QB was more athletic, but played poorly. Munford had the better team on paper and outplayed Henry County.

since you said it it must be so, Madison was better than McNairly, Their fullback was better than ALlen, their tailback was better than everybody, #70 was better than Henry and Theus, Lowery was a non factor although he intercepted their first play. Their lineman were all better Henry countys. Matt Scott did not belong on the field with those guys. It is a wonder that Henry were even in that game. I felt they were the better team that go outplayed but man, that must not have been the case at all. McNairl did not play particularly well that game but he was the best player on the field.

Can we please talk about this weeks game. Not last year. This is for all the marbles and yall are talkin about last year.

Can hardin county's defense stop our power and our speed?

Probably to a certain point. Once a team stops feeding off of the adrenaline that a big game

like this brings, you find out then what you will be able to do. Patience and sticking with your

game plan will pay off against Hardin. Keeping their offense and Sam Shutt off the field will

help more!

Probably to a certain point. Once a team stops feeding off of the adrenaline that a big game

like this brings, you find out then what you will be able to do. Patience and sticking with your

game plan will pay off against Hardin. Keeping their offense and Sam Shutt off the field will

help more!

The adrenalin is flowing in Henry county!What a week it should be.The air is crisp, the sun is shining, and there is no rain in sight: a perfect setting for this week's classic battle. Here's hoping that the Big Red Nation shows up in mass to help our team in this very important game against a very good Hardin county team.The beautiful weather and excitement for the game has stimulated the poetic vein in Olddevil:

Friday night lights in a quaint river town,

A fight to the finish for their seed in first round.

A gala spectacle that no one should miss,

Heartbreak for one, for the other pure bliss.

GO BIG RED

since you said it it must be so, Madison was better than McNairly, Their fullback was better than ALlen, their tailback was better than everybody, #70 was better than Henry and Theus, Lowery was a non factor although he intercepted their first play. Their lineman were all better Henry countys. Matt Scott did not belong on the field with those guys. It is a wonder that Henry were even in that game. I felt they were the better team that go outplayed but man, that must not have been the case at all. McNairl did not play particularly well that game but he was the best player on the field.

You have gone overboard again. My only point, and my only real source of disagreement with you, is that Munford was MUCH more talented than you are willing to admit. I think they were more talented than Henry County, if only slightly. They were more physical on that night, although I do not think they "dismantled" Henry County. The Henry County QB may have been the best player on the field, but I doubt anyone in attendance would agree with that.

Can we please talk about this weeks game. Not last year. This is for all the marbles and yall are talkin about last year.Can hardin county's defense stop our power and our speed?

I will happily talk about this year's game. But I will let you in on something: if someone says something on here that I disagree with, that happened last year, or fifty years ago, I will respond. I will state my opinion whether anyone likes it or not. As far as your question goes, I haven't seen Hardin County play, so I don't know, but I wouldn't think they could stop Henry County consistently. You see, it is much easier to respond to something that has already happened, than to respond to something that you have no way of knowing the answer to.

Probably to a certain point. Once a team stops feeding off of the adrenaline that a big gamelike this brings, you find out then what you will be able to do. Patience and sticking with yourgame plan will pay off against Hardin. Keeping their offense and Sam Shutt off the field willhelp more!

Do they have other quality receivers to go along with Shutt? Do they have a good running game? Can their QB run effectively? How is their defense? How is their kicking game?

As far as your question goes, I haven't seen Hardin County play, so I don't know, but I wouldn't think they could stop Henry County consistently. You see, it is much easier to respond to something that has already happened, than to respond to something that you have no way of knowing the answer to.Do they have other quality receivers to go along with Shutt? Do they have a good running game? Can their QB run effectively? How is their defense? How is their kicking game?

Shutt is the real deal as far as receivers/DB is concerned. Can he be stopped? Yes, I think so. The other receivers seem to be good but not standouts. Run game - fair or adequate compared to the passing attack. The QB will be a runner during this game, that's for certain. How well he will do depends on how hard Joe Paul hits him in the first quarter. Their defense doesn't seem to impress that much, but again gets the job done with their offense doing the work.

Should be a great battle! I am anxiously awaiting this one!