Henry Co. vs Hardin Co.

BigRedForLife

WOW! ... Hunter had a buck fifty on you guys ... that's really saying something about all four of these guys. Thanks for the info.

i know that Williams had 300+ against Munford and HC's RB had 187 on 6 carries and HC's QB had 183 on 10 carries against Munford, not sure about Mann - it was early in the year. IMO Mann is the best back HC has faced, but Williams was very good also. Mann has the better O line. I would love to have any of these back at HC, but i wouldn't trade the ones we have.

GO BIG RED

What about Hardin's O line and D line?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another question for you, cougarmike. Since you have played both, please tell us how Henry County beats Hardin County, and how would Hardin County beat Henry County? What is the key to beating Hardin County?

CougarMike is the better one to answer but from what I saw of the 2 teams part of the determination is how well Henry can pressure the QB and cover quick hitters. I've heard that Hardin was running the ball really well lately but I think Henry's front line can contain that part of the game. If the Hardin QB gets time then he is very good at finding receivers although some seem to drop at the worse times. #4 is good but Munford did a good job of covering him and applying pressure.

Hardin could win if they get quick scores and build a lead and/or if Henry has multiple turnovers. Based on all the chatter about last year's game at Munford then certainly penalties or mistakes in the red zone could determine the game. My take is Henry is probably deeper and overall better but Hardin has good skill positions that can turn a game around if they are on track.

Now I will stay off the board as CougarMike gives much better insight and let you know that I will be a Henry County fan on Friday night in addition to a Munford fan visting the "Rock". Will be my first time there and sounds like it will be an experience regardless of outcome!

CougarMike is the better one to answer but from what I saw of the 2 teams part of the determination is how well Henry can pressure the QB and cover quick hitters. I've heard that Hardin was running the ball really well lately but I think Henry's front line can contain that part of the game. If the Hardin QB gets time then he is very good at finding receivers although some seem to drop at the worse times. #4 is good but Munford did a good job of covering him and applying pressure.

Hardin could win if they get quick scores and build a lead and/or if Henry has multiple turnovers. Based on all the chatter about last year's game at Munford then certainly penalties or mistakes in the red zone could determine the game. My take is Henry is probably deeper and overall better but Hardin has good skill positions that can turn a game around if they are on track.

Now I will stay off the board as CougarMike gives much better insight and let you know that I will be a Henry County fan on Friday night in addition to a Munford fan visting the "Rock". Will be my first time there and sounds like it will be an experience regardless of outcome!

Hmm, sounds interesting. I am anxious also to hear cougarmike's take on this one. But I am quite certain that Gilchrist will get his share of pressure. Problem is, if he hurls one in the direction of Shutt he will likely catch it. However, maybe a time or two it will get picked off. I predict two picks by the Patriots in this one. Happy Halloween everybody! Time to trick or treat. Friday can't get here soon enough!!!

Go Big RED!!!

Just curious, but how long does it take to drive from Paris to Savannah? That is one long road trip. I`m guessing at least 2 1/2 hours.

One note about Hardin County. I always enjoyed going there. Nice stadium. Wonderful fans. A very fine band. Always a great game.

Its not that far. 1hr 45min, depending on the route. All that you said is true, but can't stand that PA announcer they have. "Mr. Official..."

does anybody know the directions?

The easiesr and best roads is ti take 22 from Mckenzie to huntingdon to Lexington to Adamsville. Turn left to Savanah( a short trip) After crossing the river continue downtown and turn right . It carries you to the stadium-- sorry, I don't remember the street's name. It is a beautiful stadium. Hope the Patriot band makes the trip---the fight song is an important spirit booster for the fans and the team. Hardin county's band is big and very good but no better than ours.

GO BIG RED

The easiesr and best roads is ti take 22 from Mckenzie to huntingdon to Lexington to Adamsville. Turn left to Savanah( a short trip) After crossing the river continue downtown and turn right . It carries you to the stadium-- sorry, I don't remember the street's name. It is a beautiful stadium. Hope the Patriot band makes the trip---the fight song is an important spirit booster for the fans and the team. Hardin county's band is big and very good but no better than ours.

GO BIG RED

You turn right at the McDonald`s.

Just curious, but how long does it take to drive from Paris to Savannah? That is one long road trip. I`m guessing at least 2 1/2 hours.

One note about Hardin County. I always enjoyed going there. Nice stadium. Wonderful fans. A very fine band. Always a great game.

This has the makings for a classic game! I will definitely listen to it while watching our game! The

station there is 93.5 for anyone wanting to listen. Their announcer does tend to grate on the nerves

quite a bit, but then again so does ours! Good luck to both teams! Have a safe trip down and watch

out for the speed traps!

does anybody know the directions?

Easiest way to Savannah is to take 641 south. Stay on 641 until you cross the Tennessee river. Take HWY 128 to Savannah. 128 end at HWY 64. Turn right. Stay on HWY 64 and turn left at McDonalds. The school will be approximately 1 - 1.5 mi on the right. No way to miss it. Good roads all the way. 1:45 to Savannah from Paris. If you are hungry, Daryl Worley has a restaurant called the Worley Bird located about a block before the school.