Henry Co. vs Hardin Co.

BigRedForLife

For Henry County fans...what`s up with the talk about decreasing home crowds? That`s sad to hear. It`s one county, one school there. You have a great coach and a rising program. Seems like the attendance should be rising too. Why aren`t the stands full? Any thoughts?

This post isn`t a jab at Henry County, I hope y`all know that. It just seems like this should be a time when even the folks who "sit on the rail" or otherwise known as those who "jump on the bandwagon" should be out in full support. What`s it gonna take for the fans to fill it up?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Henry County fans...what`s up with the talk about decreasing home crowds? That`s sad to hear. It`s one county, one school there. You have a great coach and a rising program. Seems like the attendance should be rising too. Why aren`t the stands full? Any thoughts?

This post isn`t a jab at Henry County, I hope y`all know that. It just seems like this should be a time when even the folks who "sit on the rail" or otherwise known as those who "jump on the bandwagon" should be out in full support. What`s it gonna take for the fans to fill it up?

I think Henry County fans did not show up in full force for the following reasons: 1. It rained all week long 2. They did not respect Northside 3. They are waiting for the playoffs. And I might add, that none of those reasons are good ones!

Although you seemed to have "toned down" your posts recently, we continue to disagree about the past. I thought that JCM had, far and away, the best talent in the region two years ago. I didn't think anyone else was even remotely close. I thought that Munford had more "imported" talent alone, than most teams in the region, and I thought they had the most overall talent in the region last year, although Henry County was second in talent. So, I do not agree that Henry County was guilty of "giving up" the region title to a lesser talented team. I believe that Henry County lost each year to a team with a little more talent, although each game was close. We do agree, however, on the need for special teams to improve.

You are probably right about JCM, I do feel that Henry coutny was more athletic than Munofrd last year, it was a game that had Henry county come ready to play, they would have won by 21. 2 stupid blocks in the back that did not have an impact on the big play, a fumbled shot gun snap on first and goal, and that game is 21 to 0 at the half. Munford was not as talented as Henry county in 2006, WIlliam Henry, Calvin McNairl, Maurice Lowery, Domique Allen.

They did not have one player as good as Calvin, they did not have a player as good as William Henry. Their running back was similar to the talent of Maurice Lowery, their fullback was not as good as Dominique Allen, and the Madison kid was very elusive but really was not hte difference in that game, the difference was in there physicality in the second half to man handle Henry county.

You are probably right about JCM, I do feel that Henry coutny was more athletic than Munofrd last year, it was a game that had Henry county come ready to play, they would have won by 21. 2 stupid blocks in the back that did not have an impact on the big play, a fumbled shot gun snap on first and goal, and that game is 21 to 0 at the half. Munford was not as talented as Henry county in 2006, WIlliam Henry, Calvin McNairl, Maurice Lowery, Domique Allen.

They did not have one player as good as Calvin, they did not have a player as good as William Henry. Their running back was similar to the talent of Maurice Lowery, their fullback was not as good as Dominique Allen, and the Madison kid was very elusive but really was not hte difference in that game, the difference was in there physicality in the second half to man handle Henry county.

I thought that #70 was by far the best lineman on the field. Their fullback was MUCH more physical than Allen. The Henry County QB had a terrible game and the stupid penalties were critical. I thought more of the Munford running back than you did. The Munford QB played better than the Henry County QB. Their was no "man handling", but the best team won.

I thought that #70 was by far the best lineman on the field. Their fullback was MUCH more physical than Allen. The Henry County QB had a terrible game and the stupid penalties were critical. I thought more of the Munford running back than you did. The Munford QB played better than the Henry County QB. Their was no "man handling", but the best team won.

I said talented team not who played better. McNairl is more talented than their QB, jsut ask the college scouts, they know more than me and you, their jobs depend on it. 70 was a very good defensive lineman and William Henry was jsut as Dangerous. Their fullback was more physical than ALlen but more talented, I did not think so. But thank you for finally agreeing that someone on their team was more physical than us last year. Their Rb was pretty good and I thought that, but so was Maurice Lowery. I thought maurice was a fine player. I still give the nod to Henry county on talent last season.

Don't know. Last year basically ever homegame was packed. Senior Night was shoulder to shoulder, fans standing all around. My son came twice from college and had to steal sits at halftime in order to sit in the stands. Can't explain it. RW brought up possible reasons for this week but does not explain the rest of the games. Nothing much else in this little town to do on Friday night???? I for one am having a fun time this year.

No doubt at the beginning of the second half of the Northside game the crowd had diminished to an embarassing level, but let's consider that at the beginning of the game the faithful did show up. Tail gaiting was winding down and the stands filled up. Then came the power outage that lasted around 1.5 hours. With the outage, the cool night and moist air, the Patriots were up, and the fact that the next morning over 250 students were taking their ACT test, the stands became sparsely populated in the second half. Albeit that no one should take the score for granted, the fans or the team.

We will have a crowd going to Hardin County, which will prove to be one of the best games of the week in West TN highschool football. Region championship is the name of the game and both teams will be ready for a knock down fight on the grid iron.

What's cooking: This past Saturday was grilled pork loin with new potatoes, corn on the cob, shrooms, and smoked sausage boiled up with a cajun flair. This coming week should be marinated rib eye steak sandwiches and steak fries, with a possible special treat for winning the Region. Week 1 of playoffs begins Steakfest! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I said talented team not who played better. McNairl is more talented than their QB, jsut ask the college scouts, they know more than me and you, their jobs depend on it. 70 was a very good defensive lineman and William Henry was jsut as Dangerous. Their fullback was more physical than ALlen but more talented, I did not think so. But thank you for finally agreeing that someone on their team was more physical than us last year. Their Rb was pretty good and I thought that, but so was Maurice Lowery. I thought maurice was a fine player. I still give the nod to Henry county on talent last season.

The guys who touched the ball last year in that game were much quicker in the Munford side than on the Henry County side. Lowery was good but a wide receiver does not touch it as often as a running back. Madison was quicker than anyone on the field. The running back for Munford was quicker than Allen. Munford's fullback was faster than Henry County's tailback. Munford was faster, quicker, and had better linemen. The Henry County QB was more athletic, but played poorly. Munford had the better team on paper and outplayed Henry County.

Is there a bus going? If it left early enough to stop and eat I believe more people would take advantage of the service. Just passing along comments from others that said they did not ride in the past because they wanted to stop and eat.

It's my understanding that a lack of participation in the previous 2 charters has caused the q-back club to cancel the bus for this week. Sorry - I'd prefer to "leave the driving to us", as well, but there just isn't enough people signing up!

Guest Advisor

My apologies! I just don't want people getting the impression we are taking anything for granted. As I stated, Henry County knows that Hardin County is the real deal.

What type of offense does Hardin run? More pass or run? What size line? How is the kicking game? The quarterback 2 years ago had a pretty good arm. Passing or running quarterback? What kind of team speed? How does the speed compARE TO Henry County's?

To the Henry County fans- PLEASE travel with the Patriots to Savannah!!! We travel well and need to this week. I hope the fans remember the announcer from Savannah!

Is there a bus going? If it left early enough to stop and eat I believe more people would take advantage of the service. Just passing along comments from others that said they did not ride in the past because they wanted to stop and eat.

Name the restaurant that 56 people can agree on. Given the travel time, that would put HC fans pulling out of Paris at 3:00 pm. After visiting with the President of the Q-back club last week, he told me of one family that signed the list to ride the bus earlier this season. The bus was delayed leaving while waiting on this family only to find out that they were already 30 minutes down the road driving their own car and had called no one to mark their names off the list.

His issue was the Q-back club's goal is to bring in money to support the program and the student athletes, not to loose money chartering buses for parents. As I was talking with him during the power outage Friday night, he was trying to encourage people to attend the annual steak night this coming Thursday. (something the club has done every year) My guess is he was several sponsors short of the number needed! I know me and another guy from work are going..........I wish everyone that says they are too busy would remember that someone did it for them when they were in school!

Anyway, It's a huge week!! There's much to be decided Region and State-wide Friday night. Wins solve all concerns!! As long as were are 1 point ahead when the clock hits zero, we continue to move on! Go BIg Red!!

Name the restaurant that 56 people can agree on. Given the travel time, that would put HC fans pulling out of Paris at 3:00 pm. After visiting with the President of the Q-back club last week, he told me of one family that signed the list to ride the bus earlier this season. The bus was delayed leaving while waiting on this family only to find out that they were already 30 minutes down the road driving their own car and had called no one to mark their names off the list.

His issue was the Q-back club's goal is to bring in money to support the program and the student athletes, not to loose money chartering buses for parents. As I was talking with him during the power outage Friday night, he was trying to encourage people to attend the annual steak night this coming Thursday. (something the club has done every year) My guess is he was several sponsors short of the number needed! I know me and another guy from work are going..........I wish everyone that says they are too busy would remember that someone did it for them when they were in school!

Anyway, It's a huge week!! There's much to be decided Region and State-wide Friday night. Wins solve all concerns!! As long as were are 1 point ahead when the clock hits zero, we continue to move on! Go BIg Red!!

yeah I don't know how many signed up Friday night but when we were talking earlier there were about 85 boys and only forty something had signed up to sponsor

yeah I don't know how many signed up Friday night but when we were talking earlier there were about 85 boys and only forty something had signed up to sponsor

I think this is very sad (along with declining attendance at games). Can you imagine how the players must feel if they read this? This is the best year HC has had in a long time, the kids are working their tails off, and people seem not to care. I hope someone can explain it. A lot of fans would be honored to be in the position we are in and to show the growth we have. We lose kids to the streets, etc., when we stop showing them we care.

Let's talk about the ballgame and the chance we have for a regional title. Let's support these kids.