Knox Central vs. Knox West

goblue08091

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks HTV so the worst for Halls is third and could go as high as second. I like missing Red Bank in the first round for once.

Agreed. We did that last year, ourselves, and it looks like there is a decent chance that we'll have to make that trip again. Coach Daniels does a great job at Red Bank.

He really has done a outstanding job(Daniels) old Loudon grad. With Leadbetter the QB and all his offensive weapons they have a very potent offense. Always tough to win at their house.

Good luck to you HTV and the Panther nation you guys have really had a great year. Lowe has been a breath of fresh air over there.

He really has done a outstanding job(Daniels) old Loudon grad. With Leadbetter the QB and all his offensive weapons they have a very potent offense. Always tough to win at their house.

Good luck to you HTV and the Panther nation you guys have really had a great year. Lowe has been a breath of fresh air over there.

Are you referring to Jack Daniels who was an assistant at Anderson County? If so, I thought he was a head coach somewhere in middle Tennessee?

I don't like the idea of facing Red Bank or Brainerd right out of the gate. Both of those teams have played very well this season.

Brainerd would be a lot better than Red Bank. Brainerd has 3 or 4 losses? But I know one was to Austin-East. Red Bank on the other hand is undefeated. Haven't really looked at their schedule to know if it was a cake walk but they did beat Brainerd pretty well.

Brainerd would be a lot better than Red Bank. Brainerd has 3 or 4 losses? But I know one was to Austin-East. Red Bank on the other hand is undefeated. Haven't really looked at their schedule to know if it was a cake walk but they did beat Brainerd pretty well.

Brainerd has 3 losses - they lost by a TD to AE, they lost by 2 TDs to RB (Red Bank's closest victory), and they lost their opener by 10 against Howard (who is 8-1 and a top 10 team in 3A). Red Bank's schedule really hasn't been that impressive; they've thumped everyone they've played by at least 2 TDs, they only have 3 teams with winning records on their schedule (Brainerd, Cleveland, Rhea Co), and their best win came against Brainerd. According to Coacht's strength of schedule, Red Bank has the 3rd easiest schedule (58th of 60) in 4A. Brainerd's schedule is ranked 11th.

So, the head to head smacking that Powell gave Central doesn't count, then?

Of course it counts! I was talking about out of region games.

I certainly didn't mean to take anything away from the Panthers. They have had a really good season and I agree that Lowe has done a great job there and I expect them to be even better next year. I just don't agree with the way TSSAA decides playoff teams beyond the head-to-head play. I think they should at least use tie-breaker rule E2.

E2:"The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning at least 50 percent or more of their games"

Of course it counts! I was talking about out of region games.

I certainly didn't mean to take anything away from the Panthers. They have had a really good season and I agree that Lowe has done a great job there and I expect them to be even better next year. I just don't agree with the way TSSAA decides playoff teams beyond the head-to-head play. I think they should at least use tie-breaker rule E2.

E2:"The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning at least 50 percent or more of their games"

Seriously all of West's out of region opponents were 5A and Central even played Farragut but look at Powell's schedule. You can't say (if West loses and Powell wins) that Powell deserves to go over West who they killed.