Blackman vs. Oakland

pattonboysdad

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats 2p - you have hung in and finally get a win.

I honestly thought Blackman was heading in the right direction and getting momnetum for 08 so I cant say I saw this one coming.

I hope region 4 sweeps next week just to make a point for all the teams in region 4 that didn't make the playoffs that

there are some good teams from this region sitting at home that would be playing for region chamionships elswhere.

what do blackman folks think about thois game this season? Do you see the progress you thought for the year?

Thanks, cat. It has been a tough road this year for these kids. We started out with so much promise and now we have ended with promise. Blackman is a really good team, and they came out VERY confident last night. However, our D decided to set the tone last night and forced a fumble right out of the gate. Our O got the ball on around the 13 yd line, and punched it in. You should have seen our boys after that play. Our stands went crazy.....all of our diehard folk who have never given up on this team!! I knew at that moment that this night was ours. I saw it in our walk. Blackman came back out and mounted a drive and scored on us. Instead of hanging our heads.....we stood tall. Our D made things happen last night and looked like the group of kids that I have remember coming out hard and swarming the ball and laying some licks against the Warriors. One in particular that I recall was one by D.Wade.....POW!! Nelson played hard and made a huge sack. When we needed to step up, we did. We got behind early in the game when we held the Blaze to a FG instead of a TD......but we didn't fold. We fought back. We made several adjustments on D that paid off and kept the Blaze O offbalance!! It was a great game, and I wish we could start all over again with this NEW BLUE that I saw last night. Unfortunately we can't do that, but we finish up with a good taste in our mouths to go into the off season.

I look at who we played this year....Clarksville won their region and knocked off a VERY solid MJ team. CC played for the region championship in Region 3 and came up 3 short. Then we all know how balanced this region was this yr. The best part is.....we beat Blackman and since it goes head to head for placement in the region.......we are not in last place. The Blaze are instead......so I know it sounds crazy but that makes me proud. Our backs were against the wall.....and we responded with a win. I said all along we would upset someone and play spoiler.....we did. No bowl game for Blackman.

Thanks, cat. It has been a tough road this year for these kids. We started out with so much promise and now we have ended with promise. Blackman is a really good team, and they came out VERY confident last night. However, our D decided to set the tone last night and forced a fumble right out of the gate. Our O got the ball on around the 13 yd line, and punched it in. You should have seen our boys after that play. Our stands went crazy.....all of our diehard folk who have never given up on this team!! I knew at that moment that this night was ours. I saw it in our walk. Blackman came back out and mounted a drive and scored on us. Instead of hanging our heads.....we stood tall. Our D made things happen last night and looked like the group of kids that I have remember coming out hard and swarming the ball and laying some licks against the Warriors. One in particular that I recall was one by D.Wade.....POW!! Nelson played hard and made a huge sack. When we needed to step up, we did. We got behind early in the game when we held the Blaze to a FG instead of a TD......but we didn't fold. We fought back. We made several adjustments on D that paid off and kept the Blaze O offbalance!! It was a great game, and I wish we could start all over again with this NEW BLUE that I saw last night. Unfortunately we can't do that, but we finish up with a good taste in our mouths to go into the off season.

I look at who we played this year....Clarksville won their region and knocked off a VERY solid MJ team. CC played for the region championship in Region 3 and came up 3 short. Then we all know how balanced this region was this yr. The best part is.....we beat Blackman and since it goes head to head for placement in the region.......we are not in last place. The Blaze are instead......so I know it sounds crazy but that makes me proud. Our backs were against the wall.....and we responded with a win. I said all along we would upset someone and play spoiler.....we did. No bowl game for Blackman.

I am so glad for the w. Good things are in store for the Pats.

I would like to praise Blackman on a good season. Everyone said the Blaze were a year away but they put up a 4 win season, which was their best in like 5 years. They are a very young team of there 22 seniors i think about 6 really played. All 4 of their wins came against playoff teams, (Brentwood, Lincoln Co., Overton, and Lebanon)...So i think they have done well this year and have a lot to look forward to next year. Great job to the kids, and i think the coaches are getting the program where they want it....they have came a long way since that 0-10 season in 2005.

I think the only position they will really need to look for in the off season is QB...so any kid that would like to play QB on an up and coming team...move to the Blackman zone...lol

I would like to praise Blackman on a good season. Everyone said the Blaze were a year away but they put up a 4 win season, which was their best in like 5 years. They are a very young team of there 22 seniors i think about 6 really played. All 4 of their wins came against playoff teams, (Brentwood, Lincoln Co., Overton, and Lebanon)...So i think they have done well this year and have a lot to look forward to next year. Great job to the kids, and i think the coaches are getting the program where they want it....they have came a long way since that 0-10 season in 2005.

I think the only position they will really need to look for in the off season is QB...so any kid that would like to play QB on an up and coming team...move to the Blackman zone...lol

Blackman has been looking for a qb for 5 or 6 years!

Wallace is a great athlete but out of position at qb.

Losing this game was a step backwards for blackman any way you look at it.

I keep hearing about their young players and this may come as a shock but in this region a lot of teams have good young players coming up. Smyrna starts a freshman tb a freshman middle lb and a sophmore lb

Blackman has been looking for a qb for 5 or 6 years!

Wallace is a great athlete but out of position at qb.

Losing this game was a step backwards for blackman any way you look at it.

I keep hearing about their young players and this may come as a shock but in this region a lot of teams have good young players coming up. Smyrna starts a freshman tb a freshman middle lb and a sophmore lb

How is this 1 game a step back? Blackman is a team 1 year away from going 2-18, when were they the team that was supposed to beat everyone..They went 4-6, beating 4 playoff teams. And they did beat Lebanon, which if i remember right beat smyrna.

Blackman is a very young team, 2 sophomores starting on defense got hurt about week 7 which lead to freshman starting.

Smyrna will be in the same boat as blackman..looking for a QB. Bryson will get about 40 carries a game...but next year that will be all that defenses will focus on...cause their is no more S&R connection

I totally agree with wallace being out of position but he did improve a lot over his years at blackman.

Again, if their are any good athletes out their that want to play QB in a spread offense come on out to blackman...lol

Dont sit the bench somewhere if you think u can play.

you may be suprised Smyrna will have a really good qb next fall who will be coached by the best qb coach in the region.

While Smyrna may run it more next year who wouldn't with bryson who has rushed for nearly 800 yards in really 8 games plus there is another good freshman rb that can play in fleming . This doesn't even take in to account meadows our freshman mlb who will be on the offensive side of the ball in 08 and is one of the fastest players on the team and will be well over 200 pounds.

My point is not blackman doesn't have good young players my point is they are not alone.

And yes in my opinion blackman losing that game is a step backwards. Because it is the final game that could have got blackman to 500 and was against a team blackman should beat. Oakland just wanted it worse and that puzzles me how blackman could not?

blackmans coaches can coach but at some point the players have to get it done