Blackman vs. Oakland

pattonboysdad

What a great game on Friday night. A great game atmosphere by both teams. Way to go Patriots! You showed that you all have a heart for the game. Congratulations to all of the seniors. Way to end on a win. I know it's been a tough few years, but you have stuck with it and I could not be prouder of each one of you. Great things are in store for OHS football. I know that those that are leaving will continue to support their school. Lots of talent returning next year. Oakland has a great solid string of talent coming up as sophmores, juniors, and senior players. Train hard in the off season. Good luck to all of the graduating seniors. You have learned one of life's toughest lessons....sticking with what you love even through adversity. Lots of life skills are always learned in sports.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While Smyrna may run it more next year who wouldn't with bryson who has rushed for nearly 800 yards in really 8 games

why really only 8 games? since he got held to negative 5 yards against riverdale, does that not count as him playing? correct, he only got 6 carries (cause shad knew he couldnt do nothing on our d-line)...but against brentwood (28 yards) and oakland (47 yards) he only had 8 carries, so by your standards, one of those games has to count too (since he REALLY has only played 8 games)

i know what your saying, had his 6 carries against riverdale had gone for 60 yards, it would have counted as him playing, but since he rushed for an average of negative 0.83 yards a carry, it doesn't count. wow its so simple!

but on another note, at riverdale if a freshman is gonna start his name better be eric locke, cause we're going to have upperclassmen that can get the job done...its not something to brag about having to start freshman

why really only 8 games? since he got held to negative 5 yards against riverdale, does that not count as him playing? correct, he only got 6 carries (cause shad knew he couldnt do nothing on our d-line)...but against brentwood (28 yards) and oakland (47 yards) he only had 8 carries, so by your standards, one of those games has to count too (since he REALLY has only played 8 games)

i know what your saying, had his 6 carries against riverdale had gone for 60 yards, it would have counted as him playing, but since he rushed for an average of negative 0.83 yards a carry, it doesn't count. wow its so simple!

but on another note, at riverdale if a freshman is gonna start his name better be eric locke, cause we're going to have upperclassmen that can get the job done...its not something to brag about having to start freshman

tdntn...i know you love riverdale and that is great...and riverdale is VERY VERY GOOD...alot to be proud of this year and in years past...but the more i read your post...the more outrageous and arrogant you sound...if i did not know better i would swear you must be vince lombardi, belechick, and dungy all in one...so if your purpose is to wear on folks on coachT...you have at least accomplished your goal with me...

bottom line...if bryson would have been at riverdale...he would have started...he is better than any tailback at riverdale this year...hand's down...he is the real deal in the gaston miller mold...i would love to see your football resume...because it must be a great one

tdntn...i know you love riverdale and that is great...and riverdale is VERY VERY GOOD...alot to be proud of this year and in years past...but the more i read your post...the more outrageous and arrogant you sound...if i did not know better i would swear you must be vince lombardi, belechick, and dungy all in one...so if your purpose is to wear on folks on coachT...you have at least accomplished your goal with me...

bottom line...if bryson would have been at riverdale...he would have started...he is better than any tailback at riverdale this year...hand's down...he is the real deal in the gaston miller mold...i would love to see your football resume...because it must be a great one

honestly i am sorry i come across that way...you wont see that tone with anybody else but these smyrna fans. its hard for me to understand why they are entitled to excuses but no one else seems to be.

i spoke in defense of blackman but your right i put that riverdale twist on it. what you might not know is i hold blackman in high standards too, got some real good friends on that team in strahan, wallace, and justin martin as well as others i grew up with. i am really excited with what blackman has coming up also, i think they could very well be the next power in this region in years to come. the freshman success just has to cross over to varsity success.

i realize bryson is a talented individual. i still think its a shame for a team having to start freshmen. to tell you the truth, i have thought shawn smith of blackman to be the next gaston miller in this region. he didnt do what i thought this year but he will come along as blackmans oline progresses also. dequinton sherill, sophmore from riverdale is a good one coming up also. size, speed, agility, he's a good one. he had 1 rush for 46 yards against smyrna compared to brysons 6 for -5.

as far as my resume, i played my freshman and sophmore year until getting kicked off missing to many agilities in spring training. at the time i was about 5'10 180, more of a linebacker mold but playing center...right behind travis lilienthal who just committed to play d1 ball at mtsu. things didnt look to good for playing time, but neither did they for guys like joseph grimes (starting safety who will likely sign d1) at the time. guess i gotta live with the what ifs.

this is the senior class i played with, thats why i care so much. i know most every one of these guys thats why i get defensive when people like Bdogg get on here and wrongfully talk down on them. because of the few bad apples i have no love for the smyrna program

Even with as good as Gaston was he did NOT start any varsity games until the Freshman season was OVER at R'dale. Even then he only got to actually 'start' in two of the playoff games. He did play in every one of the playoff games, but he did not 'start' in any but two.

pattonboys dad - good to see a coacht fan that knows who these kids are and I would bet you have seen most of them play for years in youth leagues and middle school

smyrna freshman still has a tb as good as anybody and maybe the best one playing freshman ball in the region in fleming.

Riverdales freshman knows he is pretty good he scored 6 touchdowns agains them in smyrnas triple ot win earlier in the year at riverdale.

Not making this a freshman thread but anybody that saw him knows he is a player and will be huge benefit next year on the varsity.

Bryson was not the starter against siegel to start the season and did not become the starter till about the 3rd game. He rotated for the 1st 2 to 4 games before becoming the tb for smyrna. That is what I meant by saying he got his yards in really about 8 games.

Next year you will see him returning kicks and punts and also playing db at times.

Good luck to blackman next year while this game did not work out like you needed blackman obviously has a good core of talent coming up and I know coach wells will get it done once he gets enough talent. I have a lot of respect for him and he has always been good to me and my son that played for him at smyrna. I hope he wins every game next year but one!

Coach shad has been very conservative with both freshman althoung meadows would be a great fb or tb and bryson would be a great db he has chosen to keep them on one side of the ball this year.

pattonboys dad - good to see a coacht fan that knows who these kids are and I would bet you have seen most of them play for years in youth leagues and middle school

smyrna freshman still has a tb as good as anybody and maybe the best one playing freshman ball in the region in fleming.

Riverdales freshman knows he is pretty good he scored 6 touchdowns agains them in smyrnas triple ot win earlier in the year at riverdale.

Not making this a freshman thread but anybody that saw him knows he is a player and will be huge benefit next year on the varsity.

Bryson was not the starter against siegel to start the season and did not become the starter till about the 3rd game. He rotated for the 1st 2 to 4 games before becoming the tb for smyrna. That is what I meant by saying he got his yards in really about 8 games.

Next year you will see him returning kicks and punts and also playing db at times.

Good luck to blackman next year while this game did not work out like you needed blackman obviously has a good core of talent coming up and I know coach wells will get it done once he gets enough talent. I have a lot of respect for him and he has always been good to me and my son that played for him at smyrna. I hope he wins every game next year but one!

Coach shad has been very conservative with both freshman althoung meadows would be a great fb or tb and bryson would be a great db he has chosen to keep them on one side of the ball this year.

hey 82cat

first...let me say i have learned alot from you during the season about region 4-5A as i have read your post...always informative

and...i am still learning because i just moved down here from ohio 3 years ago...but i did help coach at blackman middle school for my first three season's here because i had two boys playing...i grew up in NC and played LB at ECU...so i really had never seen TN football...

but...i did see bryson touch the ball 11 times against blackman middle last year and he scored 6 times...i knew then he would not play freshmen ball...he looked like a little reggie bush...this guy is the real deal and will only get better as he picks up an extra 10 or 15 pounds...he hits the hole harder than any back i have seen this year when he is rolling

and yes...your other freshme tailback is a good one too....i have a freshman ...so i saw the game between blackman and the bulldogs...

you guys just reload

i have really come to trust the blackman coaches big time...those guys will get it turned around...the next two years should be good ones for blackman...8 starters on defense returning alone...we did not help ourselves with something like 8 turnovers inside the 20 in the last 4 games...stuff like that has to stop...but the coaches are changing the culture and it will be very sweet win it turns around...blackman was a scary test to every team they played this year...and actually beat 4 playoff teams...but as you know...this region is so...so...so tough...but at the end of the day...we had our chances and did not get it done...

thanks for your insight on here...and i confess that i cheated off some of your picks for region 4 pickem and copied you on the games i did not know... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

hey 82cat

first...let me say i have learned alot from you during the season about region 4-5A as i have read your post...always informative

and...i am still learning because i just moved down here from ohio 3 years ago...but i did help coach at blackman middle school for my first three season's here because i had two boys playing...i grew up in NC and played LB at ECU...so i really had never seen TN football...

but...i did see bryson touch the ball 11 times against blackman middle last year and he scored 6 times...i knew then he would not play freshmen ball...he looked like a little reggie bush...this guy is the real deal and will only get better as he picks up an extra 10 or 15 pounds...he hits the hole harder than any back i have seen this year when he is rolling

and yes...your other freshme tailback is a good one too....i have a freshman ...so i saw the game between blackman and the bulldogs...

you guys just reload

i have really come to trust the blackman coaches big time...those guys will get it turned around...the next two years should be good ones for blackman...8 starters on defense returning alone...we did not help ourselves with something like 8 turnovers inside the 20 in the last 4 games...stuff like that has to stop...but the coaches are changing the culture and it will be very sweet win it turns around...blackman was a scary test to every team they played this year...and actually beat 4 playoff teams...but as you know...this region is so...so...so tough...but at the end of the day...we had our chances and did not get it done...

thanks for your insight on here...and i confess that i cheated off some of your picks for region 4 pickem and copied you on the games i did not know... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Pattonboysdad, see you on here a lot talking about Blackman. Saw them enough this year to wonder what will they do on offense next year without Wallace to bail them out of plays. He truly is a great athlete, but I don't see how he wasn't banged up all year from the amount of carries he had coming from the QB position. The offense was mostly Wallace left, Wallace right from what I saw and read most of the year.

Although 4-5A is definitely the best region in the state IMO, kinda makes one wonder about these Tebow minusless spread offenses these high school guys are trying to run. Both Lavergne and Blackman are sitting at home during the playoffs with their spread O's. I used to think the wing t, and even the I were boring and or predictable, but if the spread O's I've seen lately are any indication of a true spread offense, then give me the wing t or I.

Pattonboysdad, see you on here a lot talking about Blackman. Saw them enough this year to wonder what will they do on offense next year without Wallace to bail them out of plays. He truly is a great athlete, but I don't see how he wasn't banged up all year from the amount of carries he had coming from the QB position. The offense was mostly Wallace left, Wallace right from what I saw and read most of the year.

Although 4-5A is definitely the best region in the state IMO, kinda makes one wonder about these Tebow minusless spread offenses these high school guys are trying to run. Both Lavergne and Blackman are sitting at home during the playoffs with their spread O's. I used to think the wing t, and even the I were boring and or predictable, but if the spread O's I've seen lately are any indication of a true spread offense, then give me the wing t or I.

you certainly have a great point...but on a bigger picture note...whether you run the I formation, wing-t, spread, no backs, split backs, or the whirley bird johnson... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ...there are a couple of key things that must happen. 1. your players must know the system like they know their own name (every adjustment must be able to be made by your 11 guys on the field)...2. YOU MUST EXECUTE the offense...3. the one who calls the plays must SET up the defense...4. you must take what the defense gives ya...

personally...i think executing is the biggest factor...and i think that is where blackman failed the most...inconsistency with executing the offense...at times we looked great...at times terrible...this must improve...amazing to see us play brentwood and then siegel...the difference was execution (not that siegel did not play well...but both brentwood and siegel were very similar teams talent wise)...we looked like two different teams

as far as QB...wallace was certainly a high light because of his speed and athleticism and his throwing improved tremendously from last year to this year...but what any good offense needs is a QB that can manage the game, make the right decisions(pass, pitch or keep, hand off or keep...etc), not turn the ball over...and LEAD...

so next year... this is what the QB needs to do if we go to the playoffs...if we find a guy to do this...i think the other things will fall in place...

these are just my quick...opinion...thoughts

you certainly have a great point...but on a bigger picture note...whether you run the I formation, wing-t, spread, no backs, split backs, or the whirley bird johnson... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ...there are a couple of key things that must happen. 1. your players must know the system like they know their own name (every adjustment must be able to be made by your 11 guys on the field)...2. YOU MUST EXECUTE the offense...3. the one who calls the plays must SET up the defense...4. you must take what the defense gives ya...

personally...i think executing is the biggest factor...and i think that is where blackman failed the most...inconsistency with executing the offense...at times we looked great...at times terrible...this must improve...amazing to see us play brentwood and then siegel...the difference was execution (not that siegel did not play well...but both brentwood and siegel were very similar teams talent wise)...we looked like two different teams

as far as QB...wallace was certainly a high light because of his speed and athleticism and his throwing improved tremendously from last year to this year...but what any good offense needs is a QB that can manage the game, make the right decisions(pass, pitch or keep, hand off or keep...etc), not turn the ball over...and LEAD...

so next year... this is what the QB needs to do if we go to the playoffs...if we find a guy to do this...i think the other things will fall in place...

these are just my quick...opinion...thoughts

Who will be their qb next year? They must have some one as this group of sophs went unbeaten in junior high and freshmen year!