Blackman vs. Oakland

pattonboysdad

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Oakland! Now hold on tight to that winning feeling to start the next year. You are winners in my book no matter what the scores have said. You started this season against a very tough Riverdale team and gave us everything you had and then went on to beat a team that is finishing high in another Region. If you were in either Region 3 or 5 you WOULD be in the playoffs.

Right now, I could not be any prouder than if we had won the state championship with this win. All the things this team has been through the last couple of yrs....they deserved to go out with PRIDE tonight. We conquered soem demons this week. We played like a TEAM tonight with great heart!! We came, we saw, and we conquered the Blaze. We took advantage of what the defense gave us tonight and put points on the board! When we had a miscue or two, but we didn't get down....we fought back. WE GREW UP this week!!The result was a WIN, baby!! I have to say thank you to the fans that braved the cold tonight to support this fine group of boys and coaches. The band was awesome tonight. They played all 4 Q's. The cheerleaders were very vocal.....and our lil band of students were on their feet all night long. No one could have asked for more. Thank you seniors for leading us tonight.

My players of the game are:

Micheal McGowan- DEFENSE. This kid has kept me pumped all season. There is NO QUIT in this kid. He gives it his ALL on every single snap. I am going to hate like heck to see him go. It has been a PLEASURE to see you mature Lil Mc and LEAD like the champion you are.

My offensive Player of the Game: Trevor Guydon. This kid has been the one to make the BIG PLAY for us all year long. He has some hands let me tell you. He gave it all he had tonight and I am still amazed at his ability. You don't see any cockiness from him. He just does his job!!

Honorable mention: Deion Wade, Sawyer Bates, Sam Bass, Peetie Webster, Anthony Amey, Derek Barrett, Adam Elrod...... Keeling......heck......everyone!!!

Great job , Oakland!! I am so proud of each and every one of you! Work hard in the off season, get faster and get stronger. You are a PATRIOT and don't EVER forget what that feels like.

Loved to see us blocking punts, tackles for losses, forcing fumbles, and getting an INT. We had Wallace rattled, and he is a heck of an athlete. PLUS....very few penalties!! Dang.....I am liking what I see out of Keeling for next yr....

Messick.....hope they gave you that game ball. You deserved it. Hope to see you back wearing that 15 next fall. GOD BLESS YOU, kid!

You RHS folk, thank you so much for your encouragement for this team. It has meant so much to us.

patriots showed NO QUIT, congradulations to them. i had this penciled in as a blackman win, guess that was wishful thinking but i have alot of respect for this oakland squad and wanted to congradulate them, what a way to finish your season.

alot of seniors between both these teams that played their last games