REGION ONE

Cowboy Curtis

The Greeneville Invitational will have weigh-ins at 8:00 and wrestling beginning at 9:30. Last year the tournament was finished by 7:30 so the medal rounds will probably start at 5:00. It is shaping up to be a tough tournament. I predict that there will be several weight classes where state quaifiers don't place in the top 8.

The teams that are coming are:

Greeneville

Baylor

Franklin Road Academy

Seymour

Tuscola (NC)

Virginia High (VA)

Morristown West

Jefferson County

Chuckey-Doak

Marion (VA)

Clarksville

Sevier Co.

West Greene

Cocke Co.

Farragut

Tazewell (VA)

Orange Co. (NC)

Cordova

Daniel Boone

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Greeneville Invitational will have weigh-ins at 8:00 and wrestling beginning at 9:30. Last year the tournament was finished by 7:30 so the medal rounds will probably start at 5:00. It is shaping up to be a tough tournament. I predict that there will be several weight classes where state quaifiers don't place in the top 8.

What's the name of the middle school where the GIT is held?

It is an elementary school - Hal Henard Elementary School. For the out of towners using mapquest, the address is 425 E. Vann Rd., Greeneville, TN 37743.

Can someone fill us in on the Dobyns-Bennett v. Davy Crockett results?

I was only able to stay until the 160 match and the score was 18-15. I wish you guys had started the DB v. DC match at 6:30. I can't say that I am going to pay $4 to watch what was THE match of the week and then sit around and wait until 8:30 again. We were really looking forward to seeing a great match, we cut practice early so kids can go, and then we have to sit through DB v. SS, DC v. SS, and some JV matches before we get to watch the main event. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Just a thought.

It is an elementary school - Hal Henard Elementary School. For the out of towners using mapquest, the address is 425 E. Vann Rd., Greeneville, TN 37743.

I was only able to stay until the 160 match and the score was 18-15. I wish you guys had started that thing on time, I can't say that I am going to pay $4 to watch what was THE match of the week and then sit around and wait until 8:30 again. We were really looking forward to seeing a great match, we cut practice early so kids can go, and then we have to sit through DB v. SS, DC v. SS, and some JV matches before we get to watch the main event. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Just a thought.

DB 59 DC 15; DB 84 SS 0

that was off DB's website

I was only able to stay until the 160 match and the score was 18-15. I wish you guys had started that thing on time, I can't say that I am going to pay $4 to watch what was THE match of the week and then sit around and wait until 8:30 again. We were really looking forward to seeing a great match, we cut practice early so kids can go, and then we have to sit through DB v. SS, DC v. SS, and some JV matches before we get to watch the main event. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Just a thought.

First, the match did begin on time...it was scheduled for a 6:30 start, and that was about the time it began. If the score was 18-15 when you left, then you must have left sometime after the 171 match. As for the order of the matches (DC v. SS, D-B vs. SS, DC vs. D-B ), I'm not sure what could or should be done about that.

Regarding the JV matches, there were 8 between D-B and Crockett. There were two guys wrestling twice, so those 2 wrestled in matches before the varsity, and the other 6 matches were held after the varsity. Three varsity team matches and eight individual JV matches, started at 6:30 and the whole thing wrapped up by 9:30. Three hours. This seems reasonable to me. Unfortunately, it always takes a little longer when you have three teams and one mat, and as long as there are 14 individual matches per dual meet, it is the nature of the beast to take some time.

And after sitting through the whole thing myself, I'm sure this was far from the "match of the week".

Meant no hard feelings coach, we thought it was going to be a good enough match to hurry out of here and drive to see it. I may be a coach for one of your competitors but I am also a big fan of Region One wrestling. I want to see us all do well year in and year out. I was just coming up there to see some good wrestling, eat some popcorn, and be a fan. Several kids came with me for the same reason. We also hadn't got to argue with the Mann boys in almost a week, so that was a bonus.

Good luck the rest of the year.

Morristown West Should have an easy trip to region duals this year they should anialate Jefferson County and then the Greeneville Match should be a good one.... my predictions for the Jefferson County Match will be 69-6 Jefferson County stinks this year... they lost Bradley Robbins and they are now a very young team they make lots of mistakes... so Good Luck to Morristown West in the region duals because Jefferson County is no match for them!

Well, now that's a pretty bold statement from someone who is obviously a very ignorant and obnoxious poster.

Who is Crockettfreshman? Most of Crockett's freshman wrestlers were in practice at 4:35 this afternoon, and those who weren't (there are three who aren't practicing because of injury and one who had a band commitment) would have no idea who Bradley Robbins is and would not know enough to make such a statement. In fact, I can't imagine anyone at Crockett making these kinds of comments.

The coaching staff of Crockett wrestling neither endorses nor approves of the above statement. In fact, it would be much appreciated if the person who posted this would remove it and if they are posting under this name and do not attend Crockett, they should cease and desist immediately. The David Crockett High School wrestling team has nothing but the highest regard and respect for both Jefferson County and Morristown West and we wish them both the best of luck.

And if this person does attend Crockett, or is in fact a member of the Crockett wrestling team, they'd better hope that I never find out who they are.

OK, so let's get this straight -

Greenville beat MW, ME, and JC so they win district

MW - will wrestle JC on Sat. for the #2 spot

Hill - beat DB and will wrestle Crockett tonight, beat Boone

Crockett - lost to DB

DB - lost to SH, beat Crockett

How have these teams done against SE, TH, and Boone?

With the snow when will all of the district duals be finished? I know DC v. SH is tonight. When are all of the other matches? I want to go see a match tonight that will have some bearing on the regional duals. Where is that match?

OK, so let's get this straight -

Greenville beat MW, ME, and JC so they win district

MW - will wrestle JC on Sat. for the #2 spot

Hill - beat DB and will wrestle Crockett tonight, beat Boone

Crockett - lost to DB

DB - lost to SH, beat Crockett

How have these teams done against SE, TH, and Boone?

With the snow when will all of the district duals be finished? I know DC v. SH is tonight. When are all of the other matches? I want to go see a match tonight that will have some bearing on the regional duals. Where is that match?

The Hill has won matches against SE, ME, TH & Boone. The match @ Crockett is still on for tonight. Start time 6:30, I think. This could be another good one.