Hampton Bulldogs State bound?

I am firm believe that Speed kills. I would take 11 small and speedy guys over 11 big powerful guys any day for a football game. Especially the way the game is being played today. Power has it's place, but in 10 years the game of football will be Totally about Speed, Speed, Speed.

That being said, I keep hearing about Midway having speed, Midway is small but they are really fast, Midway is all speed this year... blah blah blah. Has anyone seen them play and can legitimate their speed? And i'm not talking about just a tailback with speed, i'm talking about as a whole speed. Because my gut feeling is that the "speed" we keep hearing that Midway has isn't the speed that I'm used to seeing on friday nights. Can anyone correct that?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am firm believe that Speed kills. I would take 11 small and speedy guys over 11 big powerful guys any day for a football game. Especially the way the game is being played today. Power has it's place, but in 10 years the game of football will be Totally about Speed, Speed, Speed.

That being said, I keep hearing about Midway having speed, Midway is small but they are really fast, Midway is all speed this year... blah blah blah. Has anyone seen them play and can legitimate their speed? And i'm not talking about just a tailback with speed, i'm talking about as a whole speed. Because my gut feeling is that the "speed" we keep hearing that Midway has isn't the speed that I'm used to seeing on friday nights. Can anyone correct that?

The only thing Ican tell you is ,its the same speed they had last season, one guy from Oneida who watched both Hampton and Midway said he thought Hampton might be the faster of the 2. '

On another note, I'm not even sure Hampton will beat Cloudland Friday night. I'm thinking Cloudland may want this game alot more.

They're by no means Alcoa, but they're quick. And by that I mean they have four really good playmakers on offense and their plays usually don't take long to develop and they use multiple formations with their star players playing more than one position. Plus they have worked a lot with speed and agility training so their whole team is pretty quick (IMO).

Their FB (sometimes TB) Ray Robinson is a stud. He has 1,204 yards right now and he has tremendous leg drive. Not many people take him down one-on-one. He averages more than nine yards a rush. QB Eric Stansbury is a tremendous athlete. He has about 500 yards passing and rushing. He has 17 TDs this year thanks to INT returns and punt returns. They also have a speedy tailback in Harley Davidson (that's his real name). He has 555 yards rushing on only 55 attempts. Then there is Will Poe. He is the fastest of all the Waves an he can fly. He plays receiver but has 353 yards rushing and averages 25+ per reception. He has also returned a couple of kicks for scores and he had a 100-yard INT return last week vs. Greenback. If anybody from Roane County runs in the 4.4-4.5 range it's this kid, but I hate trying to say how fast someone is because so much of that stuff is crap unless it's electronically timed. But not many people will catch him from behind.

They have some other good athletes like Mark Childers, Wakon Roberson, Matt Oliver and Chris Barry but you can't have more than "Four Horsemen".

Would I be surprised if Midway beat Hampton and whoever in Round 4? Not really, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they lost to Hampton. If they meet, Hampton will be a very tough match-up for Midway. Hampton's physical style of play could wear down a smaller group of Waves and if they keep the ball away from Midway, well Midway can't score without the ball.

I know Midway's offense scored on every position last week against Greenback and they were six of seven against Harriman (then the JV finished things off).

Midway's "Four Horsemen" have combined for 2,603 yards and 50 TDs this season.

I'm not trying to make them sound like Florida or LSU because I know they haven't played a killer schedule. Region 2A is down this year and Claiborne County and Sequatchie County aren't that good, although Claiborne was good last year and looked like a tough game when originally scheduled. Rockwood is a good team, but they lost that one.

I hope Midway can make a run, but a lot of things have to go right on the Road to Murfreesboro no matter where you're from.

I don't think they can beat Pujo's Hampton team. It will be awfully tough.

No Kidding. I would pick Hampton if they met tomorrow night. Hampton has been the best team in either region for two straight years and they've simply destroyed every team on their way to the semis. Speed alone will not beat Hampton. Midway will have to be the more physical team and that is how they could beat Hampton.

All I was saying above is that Midway is an awfully quick team (I like saying quick because I'd rather have guys that move well than guys with just straight line speed).

Well I am glad to hear that there is some speed over at Midway, Sounds like you got a few good skat backs which is always a nice addition to a team.

Would I be surprised if Midway beat Hampton and whoever in Round 4? Not really, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they lost to Hampton.

I would be suprised if Midway beat Hampton, Hampton has owned both region 1 & 2 for two years straight. As far as midway or Hampton winning in the semi's... well thats gonna be really tough to do.

Seriously dude, your embarassing Hampton on here. Every other Hampton poster is respectfull and modest, basically just down-right nice people. Your not giving them a good name...

Don't waste your time on him FCSprideatUT, it is not worth it. Every community has one or two like him. And you are right, every other Hampton poster is respectful and modest. You all can't help it that you have some immature little child that likes to call people names when they don't agree with him. Maybe one day he will grow up to be a man and leave childish things in the past.

Good luck to Hampton Friday night and during the post season play, If Midway and Hampton get the opportunity to meet, it should be a great game.

Hampton is the fastest team in Region 1 and that is by no means a slow region. Grace is really fast , Jellico is pretty quick , Cloudland , Unaka , and Cosby are definately not slow either. Hampton has TEAM speed. When I say that I don't mean everyone runs a 4.9 , I mean they have at least 4 players floatin around 4.6 or better and then probably 5 or 6 more between that and 4.9 . I don't think anyone outside of Region 4 will have anything for Hampton this year.

The only thing Ican tell you is ,its the same speed they had last season, one guy from Oneida who watched both Hampton and Midway said he thought Hampton might be the faster of the 2. '

On another note, I'm not even sure Hampton will beat Cloudland Friday night. I'm thinking Cloudland may want this game alot more.

I would rather have roses sent by coaches then have pujo trying reverse psychology on our guys. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />