State Tournament

DonCChatt

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen CCS since early in the year, but I think CPA wins tomorrow????!!!! both have good teams!

Seeing CCS play 4 1/2 times this year and only seeing CPA once, CCS would appear to have what it takes to be able to beat CPA. CCS, however, must worry about execution after such a thrilling victory yesterday. After upsetting CAK, they may feel they are already in the final, and get surprised by CPA.

I predict a 3-4 or 4-3 game, probably with CCS coming out on top.

Seeing CCS play 4 1/2 times this year and only seeing CPA once, CCS would appear to have what it takes to be able to beat CPA. CCS, however, must worry about execution after such a thrilling victory yesterday. After upsetting CAK, they may feel they are already in the final, and get surprised by CPA.

I predict a 3-4 or 4-3 game, probably with CCS coming out on top.

CCS gets home field and home crowd advantage......should make some difference!

CCS gets home field and home crowd advantage......should make some difference!

Not to downplay the accomplishments of CCS, but State Tournament Games should NEVER EVER be played on anyone's home field. Can't blame the school for having all the students come to the game anymore than if FRA or someone else emptied the school and bused them to the game.

Just not right that anyone has a home field advantage during this tournament. Fans aside each field has it's own differences and particulars.

Not to downplay the accomplishments of CCS, but State Tournament Games should NEVER EVER be played on anyone's home field. Can't blame the school for having all the students come to the game anymore than if FRA or someone else emptied the school and bused them to the game.

Just not right that anyone has a home field advantage during this tournament. Fans aside each field has it's own differences and particulars.

Soooo!! If Baylor makes it (and they will) will they play on their field???

Soooo!! If Baylor makes it (and they will) will they play on their field???

Baylor will play their semi-final game on their home field. All finals for all classificiations are held at GPS. If GPS makes it to the finals, they would play on their home field.

I agree. They could easily have played A/AA games at Baylor, D2 at CCS, and AAA at GPS, or something similar that would ensure nobody could play on their home field (except GPS is they played in their final)

Baylor will play their semi-final game on their home field. All finals for all classificiations are held at GPS. If GPS makes it to the finals, they would play on their home field.

I agree. They could easily have played A/AA games at Baylor, D2 at CCS, and AAA at GPS, or something similar that would ensure nobody could play on their home field (except GPS is they played in their final)

The excuse I get is that the "host" team parents have to work the tournament so this helps them be where the home team is playing....sorry that doesn't hold water.....Boy's soccer parents, basketball parents, etc....can work the tournament....certainly for a few hours while the "host Team plays at a nuetral field.

I wrote Ronnie Carter about this 3 years ago.....NO REPLY /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

The excuse I get is that the "host" team parents have to work the tournament so this helps them be where the home team is playing....sorry that doesn't hold water.....Boy's soccer parents, basketball parents, etc....can work the tournament....certainly for a few hours while the "host Team plays at a nuetral field.

I wrote Ronnie Carter about this 3 years ago.....NO REPLY /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

It also doesn't hold water since they moved DII away from GPS, unless the point was to give Baylor their turn. Either way, the simple solution, as I said before was for CCS to host DII. With Finley no longer an option, somebody has to host the finals, so that possibility for home field advantage will always exist as long as they chose to have all the finals at one site. GPS in my opinion is the best option in terms of field, stands, and parking (seperate location for buses, officials, etc.)