Rockwood at CAK

Well Rockwood had six points taken off the board because of the inadvertent whistle and that definitely changed things as Rockwood could have been up 20-14 (or maybe 21-14 if they make a two) midway through the third quarter. Instead that turned into a 10-point swing as CAK went down and got a FG and that was followed by a fumble on the kickoff that was turned into more CAK points, making it 24-13.

I'm not sating Rockwood wins if not for the blown call, but they sure don't lose by 22 points. They would have still had to stop CAK and they couldn't do that, but it was a lot closer than the final score indicated. If Rockwood is down only 31-23 instead of 31-16 after CAK's score with 5:12 left then Rockwood could run their regular offense down the stretch instead of having to go to the air. Rockwood's passing game is good when it comes off playaction, but not when you know it's coming.

Oh well, the Tigers might end up with an easier draw because of this.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ref's were the worst crew I may have ever saw. Take nothing away from CAK, they have a good team, but the officials performance was bad. They were cussing each other, using the "F" word, blew one inadvertent whistle costing the Tigers a TD and ejected one of our best players, for a non fighting personal foul-late hit (Can't figure this one out). I hope this crew is not assigned a play-off game next week as they do not deserve one!!

Had a chance to check out this game last night. I agree the refs did not have a good game, but I feel that they blew calls on both sides! Also the ejection I think was because the player had two personal fouls, anytime a player gets two personal fouls in the same game he is ejected.

It was a pretty good game and goo dluck to both sides as they enter the playoffs!!!

First, Rockwood has a very good team. I was very impressed with the way they played. Having said that, the refs were not the deciding factor by any stretch in this game. The better team won. As far as refs making bad calls, if we want to discuss that, CAK had a touchdown pass negated on a very questionable call. The call was that the CAK receiver pushed off, (offensive interference) and then made the catch. Having watched a lot of high school football, in my opinion, that call doesn't go that way more than 1 or 2 times out of 10. As far as the inadvertant whistle, I'm pretty sure that was not a play that Rockwood actually scored on and the points were taken off the board due to the whistle. Maybe I missed it, or maybe you are saying that you believe if it weren't for the whistle Rockwood would have gone in for the score on that drive. Either way, like most every game, both sides can point to some questionable calls. But they rarely change the outcome of who wins and who loses. I agree that the game was closer than the score but IMO it had more to do with Rockwood trying 4th and 30 plus deep in their own territory late in the 4th. As a result, when they didn't make it, I think their defense was a little deflated and #9 Kolinski had a great run for a touchdown. As far as what finishing second in the region did for CAK, while I'm very proud of our guys, we get to play Loudon for the second time this season in round one. Then if we are fortunate enough to get through that game beating Loudon 2 times in the same season, we get to go to Alcoa for round 2 for the third year in a row. Good luck to RW in the playoffs. You have a very good team.

The inadvertant whistle cost Rockwood a TD. Kolinsky fumbled at his 29 with the score 14-13 and Rockwood's #41 scooped up the ball with nobody around and was heading for an easy TD when the whistle blew. One of (maybe both) line judges didn't see the loose ball and blew it dead. The head referee had already three the bean bag and Moriarty had the ball before they relized they missed it.As far as CAK's pass interference, I did think he pushed a bit but that same play is never called. I think it was a make-up call for the play before when CAK fumbled and another whistle blew the play dead. I don't know if that play (fumble) was a good call or not because I couldn't see the runner, but I did the the line judge on CAK's side throw the bean bag indicating a fumble then he blew his whistle and pointed to the ground saying he was down. He then called the pass intereference on the next play and that's why I figure he was making a make-up call for blowing his whistle the play before.And it's also not very good when you have a referee tossing around F Bombs. They'll suspend a Rockwood player for inapproiate behavior but this adult will get to call a game next week and he's an adult.

Thanks goose. I was really upset with you on some remarks you made on the radio last night but i'm alright now with your response here on the officiating.CAK does have a good team and I wish them luck next week against Loudon. I also think are tigers are a good team and I wish them good luck next week against GP. I hope our players are focused next week and not have their minds on basketball! You have lots of fans following you and pulling for you. Seniors make this your best game ever! GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks goose. I was really upset with you on some remarks you made on the radio last night but i'm alright now with your response here on the officiating.CAK does have a good team and I wish them luck next week against Loudon. I also think are tigers are a good team and I wish them good luck next week against GP. I hope our players are focused next week and not have their minds on basketball! You have lots of fans following you and pulling for you. Seniors make this your best game ever! GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!sorry about the above text don't know what happened to make it repeatsorry about the above text. don't know what happened to make it repeat!

When I'm on the radio I sometime say stuff the wrong way because I don't have a chance to think out what I mean. I thought Rockwood played well enough to win last night, but the loss might actually help them down the stretch.

goosevol i really don't know you, and i got to go last nigh to the game, and pretty much how wesaw it. CAK is very quick and well coached. next wk will be a close one. also me and my friends heard the radio to and we thought you would have talked more about rockwod and how there defense did stop CAK. i think rockwoods coaches had them ready and the mistakes and bad calls turned it around. dude i don't know much about all the rules but that was terrible man it was a good game and rockwood played hard especially that allen kid he was a beast oh one more thing did CAK mean to kick a onside kick wih 2 min to go? anyway go region 2

I thought Rockwood stopped CAK at times and had them confused, but CAK did have around 375 yards of offense and 38 points. Rockwood did contain them at times, but I didn't ever have the feeling that their defense was in command of the game.If Rockwood plays them again they have to find a way to take away the FB in the flat. That play killed Rockwood and was CAK's goto play. If Rockwood finds a way to stop that then I think they could put the clamps on their passing game. Bennett had six catches last night for 75-100 yards if I had to guess off the top of my hand.Again Rockwood played well and could beat the Warriors if they play again. Offensively I thought the ground game was solid, but they had to go away from it down the stretch when CAK went up by two scores. If they don't have the inadvertent whistle then they don't have to abandon the running game and it's a much closer contest, maybe even overtime.I don't think CAK tried an onside at the end. I think the kicker just shanked it and it looked like an onside kick.I hope these two teams play again because it means they're in the quarterfinals and Alcoa is out of the way.

oh one more question, why did they blow the whistle so quick when CAK had the ball and when rockwood had it they just kept on letting them get hit? no one get mad at this but it was obvious all night. just asking

I didn't pay much attention to that, but I thought Breazeale was roughed late and no flag was thrown. There was a flag on the play but it was a personal foul on Rockwood.

Why did Rockwoods Left Tackle jump offsides all night and they only called it one time? We can ask questions like that from the start of the game to the end. But the scored ended up they way it was. Heck Rockwood is in a better position in the playoffs than CAK, they have our regions 1-3 in the top side of the bracket with the other regions 1-3 in the lower part with Rockwood, if history repeats itself you will be in the quarter finals playing (Alcoa, CAK or Loudon) being pollitically correct, you will get to play CAK again in the third round!