David Brainerd @ Temple

dadoffour

Nice excuse...By the way, Temple's best defender did not play either.

Not an excuse... just a fact. You should know as well as any that 1 or 2 of the best athletes on a single A school with limited athletes to begin with will suffer dramatically if they are missing. Also, I haven't seen too many LB's that can check a WR either..

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not an excuse... just a fact. You should know as well as any that 1 or 2 of the best athletes on a single A school with limited athletes to begin with will suffer dramatically if they are missing. Also, I haven't seen too many LB's that can check a WR either..

I never said our LB would have stopped your WR. But I'm sure he would have limited your run game.

All excuses aside, my boys won and I'm proud of them!

Temple wins 20 - 16.

Good prediction "winning1." You're the only CoachT hack that thought Temple would win. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Dad, not that it matters, but I called the win over David Brainerd two weeks ago.

http://tennessee.coacht.com/boards/index.p...howtopic=161394

"Here is how I see the region standings at the end.

1. South Pittsburg (7-0) Enough said.

2. Lookout Valley (6-1) Breezes past Silverdale and Copper Basin.

3. Grace Bapist (5-2) Wins a close one with Whitwell, gets killed like the rest of us by the Pirates.

4. Whitwell (4-3) Loses to Grace. Squeaks one out against Silverdale.

5. Silverdale (3-4) Gets clobbered by Lookout Valley. Loses a heartbreaker to Whitwell.

6. Temple (2-5) Takes their beating by the Pirates like everyone else. Gets the upset win vs. DB.

7. David Brainerd (1-6) Picks up their only win of the season. Underestimates Temple.

8. Copper Basin (0-7) Sorry. "

Temple won, yea. BUT. Let's get real. How would you guys have been last year without your receiver guy Scogen? 10-0? Think not. Not saying he is as good as Scogen, but the receiver guy for DB (#2) was out for this game, and he means as much to DB as Scogen meant to Temple. Period. The only team that did not double team him this year was South Pitt, due to their athletic DB's. Since Temple basically had an extra player on defense without having to double team anyone, they stopped the DB passing game dead in it's tracks. The running game for DB was fairly good tonight. #5 ran hard all night, and could/should have been doing that ALL year instead of just the last 2-3 games. DB had an ok season and best in school history, but it could have been better. Looking forward to bb also. DB will surprise some teams in this district/region. I'm outta here....

DBCSFan, winning and losing both require dignity and class. Last year's team was unique and special. The 10-0 record last year came about by more than just Seth Skogen, though he contributed greatly. We had good coaches. We had the best QB in Chattanooga in our class. We had great running backs. We had a great full-back. We had a great line. We had a ton of experience and talent. Skogen, all the Skogen's, meant/mean a lot to Temple.

I am sure your kid meant a lot to David Brainerd but I can assure you that he is not even in the same category as Seth Skogen. Maybe he would have made a difference yesterday, maybe not. We will never know.

You guys finished 1-9 the last two years and finished 4-6 this year. Congratulations on the improved record.

By the way, did it really stink having to lose to Temple yesterday?

DBCSFan, winning and losing both require dignity and class. Last year's team was unique and special. The 10-0 record last year came about by more than just Seth Skogen, though he contributed greatly. We had good coaches. We had the best QB in Chattanooga in our class. We had great running backs. We had a great full-back. We had a great line. We had a ton of experience and talent. Skogen, all the Skogen's, meant/mean a lot to Temple.

I am sure your kid meant a lot to David Brainerd but I can assure you that he is not even in the same category as Seth Skogen. Maybe he would have made a difference yesterday, maybe not. We will never know.

You guys finished 1-9 the last two years and finished 4-6 this year. Congratulations on the improved record.

By the way, did it really stink having to lose to Temple yesterday?

speaking from experience it did but not so much losing but the way we lost (knowing that your team is going to lose just from watching their attitude during the week really stinks), i'm glad temple won though and i hope it teaches the future football players at DBCS a lesson about staying focused and not taking a team for granted

By the way, did it really stink having to lose to Temple yesterday?[/quote]

You know, I was letting this all settle and go until I had to see your last comment. If DBCS had been in the same situation as you guys, I'm not sure our fans would have the gall to get on here and post things with the terms "dignity and class". You had the team you had last year because you cheated. Pure and simple. TSSAA found out, you are paying the price, and it's a done deal. I can find nothing worthy of esteem or respect when a school is on probation like Temple is. However, I would expect nothing less from you guys. It's a stigma your school will have to carry for a long, long time.

Grace did not double team him. Played cover 3 all night.

Temple won, yea. BUT. Let's get real. How would you guys have been last year without your receiver guy Scogen? 10-0? Think not. Not saying he is as good as Scogen, but the receiver guy for DB (#2) was out for this game, and he means as much to DB as Scogen meant to Temple. Period. The only team that did not double team him this year was South Pitt, due to their athletic DB's. Since Temple basically had an extra player on defense without having to double team anyone, they stopped the DB passing game dead in it's tracks. The running game for DB was fairly good tonight. #5 ran hard all night, and could/should have been doing that ALL year instead of just the last 2-3 games. DB had an ok season and best in school history, but it could have been better. Looking forward to bb also. DB will surprise some teams in this district/region. I'm outta here....