Rankings for Next Year

wosbodog

TheChosenOne had the right idea. Rankings for next year- anybody speculating already? Some of us are less familiar with all the statistics than others, so it might be a good idea to first list some of the key returning players for each team.

I'll start things off

Centennial

Returns setter Allison Woods, All American, very agile

Maddie Burfurd, (middle?) hitter, really stepped it up at state

Angela Conners, possible replacement for the queen of spikes Stephanie Bloodgood

Chelsey Sullivan, possible libero for next year

Oh that's definitely not all; those are just the ones I know personally

But it will be hard to find someone with the arm power of our outside hitter Adair Hewett

Okay who else has info about their teams?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TheChosenOne

Hutchison (D2 WEST)

Returning Starters

- Rebekah Smith (Senior to be) -- 07 State All Tournament Team. Averaged over 18 kills a match in 07

- Meg Stephenson (Senior to be) -- seemed to impress people on here from the messages of those at state tourney. Avg. Double digits kills on the year.

- Caroline Sabbatini (Freshman to be) -- The setter started all 41 games for the Sting as an eight grader. Very mature and poised for her age. Already a leader amongst the team.

-Natalie Hendry (Senior to be) -- One of the top blockers out of the West region. Changed the momentum of many games in 07 with her blocks. Very consistent server as well.

Lose six seniors, but that will not be as devastating as it sounds. There is a bevy of younger talent that should adequately fill the the holes if not improve them after another year of hard work.

Anderson County is LOADED coming back. Coming off their 10th straight state tournament; 9th final four in 10 years; and 5th finals in the last 9 years to go along with 50 wins they may have their best team in a long time coming back. Greenbriar is also LOADED and should be in another state finals. Page should also come back strong.

I think it is always cool to see how TN teams do against other states. Here in Iowa the level of play in our section of the state is much lower than in TN. I know AC won a tournament in Georgia at the start of the year where they beat a Georgia state champion and defending North Carolina state champion and power Hendersonville. They may also have beat Pickens in South Carolina.

... and power Hendersonville.

Okay, so you don't mean Hendersonville, TN do you? A power? Surely, you jest /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> They traditionally fall in the bottom 3 of District 9AAA. Their record this year was 2-11 in our district, 8-30 overall. The last winning season they had was in 2001 I think.

I don't think you should try to "claim" to be in Iowa, just because you have a garden full of "corn" in your backyard. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

And if it's 'crack' corn, I'm sure it's even more lucrative at that.

Lord, we'd better stop. This could go on and on...and on...

Okay, so you don't mean Hendersonville, TN do you? A power? Surely, you jest /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> They traditionally fall in the bottom 3 of District 9AAA. Their record this year was 2-11 in our district, 8-30 overall. The last winning season they had was in 2001 I think.

Actually I think there is a Hendersonville in North or South Carolina.

Actually I think there is a Hendersonville in North or South Carolina.

Yes there is one in South Carolina, Anderson Co new head Coach Masha Wade was an assistant there. I believe they won their state 2 two years ago when she coached there and they are a solid program. AC did beat them this season early.

By the way Bratman does live in Iowa and does know AC volleyball very well his daughter played there.

Announcements