6 5A vs. 5 5A

Whocares08

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many combinations to discuss until after Friday's games.

After the numerous upsets last season in the playoffs, Region 6 will look to reassert their dominance over Region 5.

Until we see how each team matches up vs. the other, it is impossible to predict.

From the outside looking in, neither region looks particularly strong and could have trouble (for once) going against apparently better teams from Regions 7 & 8.

I'm pretty sure that was what everyone was saying last year too.

I don't think so. Region 6 was weak last year. Anytime you have a 4 beat a one on their home field, things must be weak. You guys had a great night and we stunk. It must have been a one night deal for you guys as you bowed out gracefully in the seconfd round.

Just how long has it been since a region 5 team has gone to the semi-finals (I don't remember but it's been a long time!)? And last year region 6 was good but more importantly real competitive, noting that the region champs lost to a team that didn't make the playoffs (Independence over Franklin). And just like every other year a team advanced to the state championship game from region 6 (not region 5). This season I see a region 6 team making the semi final game. However I say that to say that both regions are weak this season and neither region will have a representative in the state championship game, implying that a team from region 7 or 8 will make the state championship game from the west side of the bracket. I just don't see where the debate comes from that region 5 is stronger than region 6........