6 5A vs. 5 5A

Whocares08

Guest workinprogress

It is what it is of the coaching of the Metro teams in Region 5-5a. If Metro would hire some coaches who coaches there player to be fundamental and open up theire offenses, then I think that there would be an Metro team for Region 5-5A in the semifals and finals very often. But unfortunately that doesn't exist. I don't wanna open up a can of worms on this issue.

Too late you already did. As far as fundamentals your Anderson is one of the best. He's been doing fundamentals longer than any other current metro head coach. Also, as far as opening up the offenses, have you seen Antioch or Hunters Lane? Sounds like you have a problem with your coaching staff at OHS. It also sounds like you are either a player or a friend of a player. Your staff is top notch and well respected. As far as going to the semi finals and finals often....could happen but it would take some time.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just saying work in progres that we need to make adjustments defensively that would put our kids in position to make plays. There is no reason we should be given up as many point that we did this year. Games at Antioch, Blackman, Hendersonville are examples. We should build on our strengths wich would be to go after the ball and/or ball carrier rather than wait for the action to come to us. That is how we could have wone more games.

Guest workinprogress

I'm just saying work in progres that we need to make adjustments defensively that would put our kids in position to make plays. There is no reason we should be given up as many point that we did this year. Games at Antioch, Blackman, Hendersonville are examples. We should build on our strengths wich would be to go after the ball and/or ball carrier rather than wait for the action to come to us. That is how we could have wone more games.

I have a feeling in this case it is not coaching. Look at Overton for the past thirteen years. The defense has led the way. Anderson and his staff have not forgotten how to coach defense. I agree that you should build on your strengths. With that said if you all would do what coaches coach you to do and play good assignment football you would not take yourselves out of position to make plays. You have to remember that you have one of the most experienced staffs around. Listen to what they say and learn from them. Good luck against Franklin.

Daniel White is one of the toughest and best pure athletes that I have seen in quite some time. He is 5"5 162lbs and plays the game with so much intensity that you really can't coach. He is the all time rushing leader in John Overton High School with over 4000 yards. He is a very gifted athlete for he is an exceptional wrestler too.

Well there is always room for debate. Granted I don't think that region 5 is better than region 6. The metro teams are well...metro teams. Usually they are not very disclipined and are outcoached by the better paid coaches from region 6. Hendersonville and Gallatin generally are the teams that have any success against region 6 and this year they are the weaker teams. Not too mention 1 probably won't even get in. You are right however, it has been a longtime since one of those teams have even played in a semifinal game. 2001 to be exact. The debate does still exist though. Why? Because generally region 5 does have more true athletes. Not that region 6 doesn't but overall team speed and athletes are more abundant in region 5. Everybody in region 5 have taken a beating from all the region 6 supporters until ya'lls region was nearly swept last year. Nobody predicted that. And if Ravenwood had not have gotten hot in the playoffs it might have been an afore mentioned Gallatin or Hunters Lane that would have gotten there. However I tend to agree with you that both of these regions are down and will be a longshot at getting to the Blue Cross Bowl over regions 7 & 8. With both of us being down I do think that the games will even be more up in the air. I really think that anybody can beat anybody on any given night this year.

Talent is of course debatable, but I would suspect you are right in that there has probably been more college recruiting going on at Gallatin and Antioch the past 10 years, than there has been at Brentwood and Franklin!

Indy, HLHS, and Franklin (in a close one) should win first round games. DC/Antioch is too close to call. Key matchup here is DC defense versus Antioch offense. If DC can stop Antioch offense, the DC offense is potent enough to win. If DC defense doesn't show up, it'll be a high scoring game with Antioch coming out on top.

Nailed it on these games...except for the prediction that Franklin win would be close.

Look for Indy to beat Antioch this week. Indy has a much better defense than DCHS did so the Bears will find it much harder to move the ball this week. Indy may the only region 6 team that can keep up with the speed of Antioch offense.

Franklin should be able to win against HLHS. The Rebels will present the Warriors with a much more balanced attack than did BHS. The FHS defense may not be quite as good as BHS but their offense will present HLHS will a lot more problems than the Bruins did.

I think the winners this week will be Hunters Lane (please prove me wrong Brentood), Overton, Antioch, and Indy with the lone region 6 win.

I only missed one game this week, not bad. I think Antioch will beat Indy this week, their offense is really good. Also, I think that HL will win against Franklin, their defense is really good. But all in all, both games could go either way since Antioch's D isn't that great and HL's O is theat great either.

Regardless of the outcome in the quarterfinals, this is the sixth year in a row that a region 6 team will advance to the state semifinals. Four of those years Region 6 has been in the championship game and even more amazing it has been three different teams. Will 2007 make it 5 out of six years and four different teams in the 'ship?

Regardless of the outcome in the quarterfinals, this is the sixth year in a row that a region 6 team will advance to the state semifinals. Four of those years Region 6 has been in the championship game and even more amazing it has been three different teams. Will 2007 make it 5 out of six years and four different teams in the 'ship?

...And now I believe we can lay this forum to rest...