message to the officials

uoftfanatic

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that in post-season play a school should not have an official who could call their school during the regular season. I know Chatta. officials usually go to mid-TN and Knox area. It can be interesting to see how the different area crews work a game. In order to qualify for post season games, officials have to pass the written exam and grade well during the regular season when observed by their state supervisor. Of course, I'm not sure what happens in terms of official shortages!

I believe that in post-season play a school should not have an official who could call their school during the regular season. I know Chatta. officials usually go to mid-TN and Knox area. It can be interesting to see how the different area crews work a game. In order to qualify for post season games, officials have to pass the written exam and grade well during the regular season when observed by their state supervisor. Of course, I'm not sure what happens in terms of official shortages!

I think the only way you see a team from the regular schools your association calls is IF they play each other in the playoffs. The officials from my association have drives between 2 hrs and half to 3 hrs. So we are certainly not close to home. If there are shortages of quality officials the TSSAA can assign different crews since there are 13 associations across the state.

To all,

if your that good why are you not out there on friday night.

If anybody wants to join us on the field on Friday nights, simply go to TSSAA.org and click the new officials link. I'm sure your local associations will glady welcome new officials. I know we'd love some new young officials that want tol learn.

If anybody wants to join us on the field on Friday nights, simply go to TSSAA.org and click the new officials link. I'm sure your local associations will glady welcome new officials. I know we'd love some new young officials that want tol learn.

My grandpa has been looking for a part time job I will pass that on to him.

If anybody wants to join us on the field on Friday nights, simply go to TSSAA.org and click the new officials link. I'm sure your local associations will glady welcome new officials. I know we'd love some new young officials that want to learn.

Great Post!!!!!

If all the cry babies on here would become officials and spend all thier time reading the rule book and polishing up on their signal calling instead of spending all their time bashing the officials on here, then we wouldn't be having this discussion. Then again they probably couldn't handle all the fans getting on them when they may or may not have missed a call!

Why do fans want to blame officials for thier team losing?

Did thier team's defense shut the other team's offense down completly?

Did thier team's offense even score?

Did thier QB complete every single pass and not throw any int.s?

Did thier Coach make the right call on every 3rd down?

Did little Johnny make a mistake and they have to blame someone other than little Johnny?

I could go on, but I won't. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Sorry but this is a very lame excuse for why your team lost! And I'll bet nobody every complains about the officials when thier team is blowing out another team. They are probably sitting there hoping that don't throw any flags so the game will end quicker!

Until you have walked a mile in another man's shoes don't complain about his journey! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Great Post!!!!!

If all the cry babies on here would become officials and spend all thier time reading the rule book and polishing up on their signal calling instead of spending all their time bashing the officials on here, then we wouldn't be having this discussion. Then again they probably couldn't handle all the fans getting on them when they may or may not have missed a call!

Did little Johnny make a mistake and they have to blame someone other than little Johnny?

I could go on, but I won't. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Sorry but this is a very lame excuse for why your team lost! And I'll bet nobody every complains about the officials when thier team is blowing out another team. They are probably sitting there hoping that don't throw any flags so the game will end quicker!

Until you have walked a mile in another man's shoes don't complain about his journey! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You must have not taken the time to read any of the posts. I feel like I just got a flag thrown on this post for a call that didn't happen but hey I am used to seeing that all season. I don't care what you say this IS the worse season for officials. At this rate you watch and see a team WILL get knocked out of playoffs because of an official making a horrible call/no call.

Great Post!!!!!

First off I have walked in your shoes in another sport (baseball). This is a fan (not officials) forum so it is expected that posts are not necessarily official friendly. Players/coaches make more mistakes than officials, no doubt. Is that justification that if players and coaches make mistakes so can the official? It is your arrogance that some of the fans and coaches have a problem with. Put away the rabbit ears and call the game to the best of your ability. Accept the fact that on every call half love it and half don't and move on. You are not the game. You are there to make sure it is played according to the rules. Know your mechanics and rules and hustle every play. That's what you are paid to do. Let the coaches have their say within reason and then move on. Coaches won't know every rule. Some officials don't either. Answer their questions without talking down to them. Complaining about the officials comes with the territory. Deal with it or get out.

First off I have walked in your shoes in another sport (baseball). This is a fan (not officials) forum so it is expected that posts are not necessarily official friendly. Players/coaches make more mistakes than officials, no doubt. Is that justification that if players and coaches make mistakes so can the official? It is your arrogance that some of the fans and coaches have a problem with. Put away the rabbit ears and call the game to the best of your ability. Accept the fact that on every call half love it and half don't and move on. You are not the game. You are there to make sure it is played according to the rules. Know your mechanics and rules and hustle every play. That's what you are paid to do. Let the coaches have their say within reason and then move on. Coaches won't know every rule. Some officials don't either. Answer their questions without talking down to them. Complaining about the officials comes with the territory. Deal with it or get out.

GREAT POST, WHEN MOST OF THE REFS FINALLY GET IT, THAT ITS NOT ABOUT THEM ,QUIT CALLING UNSEEN= I THINK THAT HAPPENED CALLS. SADLY THE TSSAA HAS NOT ADDRESSED THIS PROBLEM BE IT F/B,B/B ,ALL SPORTS THAT HAS SEEN MANY TEAMS LOSE DUE TO REFS SEEMLY HAVE FAVORITE TEAMS./ MAYBE PAYOFF AT TIMES FOR ENSURING A CERTAIN TEAM WINS.

The officiating this season is some of the worse I have seen in many seasons. The officials came very close of causing the Bruins to lose the game against Franklin and this past week Riverdale was almost robbed of a win because of poor officiating. I just watched the replay of Brentwood/ Indy game and there again a very bad no call on a turnover by Indy that was so very blatent, who knows it could have changed the whole out come of the game. No one expects perfection by the officials they are not always going to get the spot right or they can't see every face mask but these examples are unexecuseable and I would bet there are dozens more. Please Officials lets raise up your game as the playoffs approach lets not let a team down because of YOUR poor ability to do your job. The football players should expect you to bring your A game and do the best you can do. If you don't care then please find a different part time job the outcome of these games are so crucial to the players they put their heart and soul, and blood, sweat, and tears and not to mention broken bones and torn muscles all year and to have a game lost in that way, again is unexecusable.

Good POST and Thread topic.. THANKS.. TSSAA needs to spend more money teaching them the rules i guess. You are so right lots of hard work for these teams to excel in the state. The Refs need to step up there game too.. FAIR PLAY. NOTHING ELSE IS ACCEPTABLE. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

GREAT POST, WHEN MOST OF THE REFS FINALLY GET IT, THAT ITS NOT ABOUT THEM ,QUIT CALLING UNSEEN= I THINK THAT HAPPENED CALLS. SADLY THE TSSAA HAS NOT ADDRESSED THIS PROBLEM BE IT F/B,B/B ,ALL SPORTS THAT HAS SEEN MANY TEAMS LOSE DUE TO REFS SEEMLY HAVE FAVORITE TEAMS./ MAYBE PAYOFF AT TIMES FOR ENSURING A CERTAIN TEAM WINS.

Don't get me wrong I have the utmost respect for the officials It is a thankless job, and like teachers, the good ones don't get paid enough and the bad ones get paid too much. Fans whining about officials comes with the territory. You don't do the job if you thrive on being a popular person. You also don't do it for the money. You do it because you love it.

Grayghost cracks me up because he was whining about people whining...lol. And also I have complained when our team was blowing out another team. Our team actually had an official apologize to one of our coaches about them being a dysfunctional crew. All I ask is they not look to make calls, just make the calls they see fit to call. The best ones communicate to the coaches and players. We had a player get a celebration UC foul and as the player was going to the huddle the white hat warned him that one more and he would be ejected and have to sit out a playoff game. Good job by the official heading off a potential problem.