top 5-A teams in the state

rebelpride

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are going to use that reasoning, it would have to be Millington. Undefeated and 4 shutouts and only 55 points given up all year long. Of the nine games, our starters on defense have only played 2 full games. In two other games, they have played 3 quarters and in the rest they did not play the second half.

How can a 7-2 William Blount Team be considered better than either White Station or Millington ( Who are both Undefeated). It is unfortunate that only one of the two aforementioned Memphis teams will get to compete for the State Title. I truly believe that they are the two best teams in the entire state.

If we are going to use that reasoning, it would have to be Millington. Undefeated and 4 shutouts and only 55 points given up all year long. Of the nine games, our starters on defense have only played 2 full games. In two other games, they have played 3 quarters and in the rest they did not play the second half.

I guess I should have said undefeated and three shutouts and in region 4. Region 4 is one of the 2 toughest regions in the state.

William Blount is 2 touchdowns better than White Station. If Whites Station played in Region 2 or 4 they would be about 5 & 5 at the end of season.

plus the fact that WB's only two losses have come from Maryville (who has won around 50 straight games) and Farragut (the top contender for Region 2-5A) by a combined total of 2 points. Both games could have gone either way based on an extra point kick or two...

I guess I should have said undefeated and three shutouts and in region 4. Region 4 is one of the 2 toughest regions in the state.

I'll put Region 8 up against any region in the state. Region 2 and region 4 isn't tougher then region 8. PERIOD. Region 8 is the 'SEC' of Tennessee High School football.

I'll put Region 8 up against any region in the state. Region 2 and region 4 isn't tougher then region 8. PERIOD. Region 8 is the 'SEC' of Tennessee High School football.

Oh really, How many State Championships has Region 8 won in the past 10 years? And while your checking, put that crack pipe down and let it cool.