top 5-A teams in the state

rebelpride

William Blount is 2 touchdowns better than White Station. If Whites Station played in Region 2 or 4 they would be about 5 & 5 at the end of season.

That is the most ridiculous statement that you could have made. There is no way on earth to back that statement up. Yes, it is your opinion ... but you can't validate it in any any form or fashion.

There are several undefeated teams in 5A because there are several quality programs out across the state. There is no ONE dominant team or ONE dominant region. PERIOD. ANY other talk is foolishness.

I don't give a flying flip about who wins the state championshp or whatever. Playoffs are a different breed of animal. With flop flop regions hosting every other year and what not, it's impossible to determine. There is no present day Maryville in 5A.

No one holds that tittle.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll put Region 8 up against any region in the state. Region 2 and region 4 isn't tougher then region 8. PERIOD. Region 8 is the 'SEC' of Tennessee High School football.

Haha...hahahaha... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Then why has Region 8 won a 5-A state championship only once in the past decade whereas Riverdale has been to or won the state championship game atleast 6 times in that same time frame. And the Region 8 team that won that state championship for Region 8, was Germantown, not White Station or Millington.

Oh, and explain how a #1 seed 10-0 White Station gets beat by a #4 seed 6-4 Ravenwood team in the semi-finals last year?

Haha...hahahaha... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Then why has Region 8 won a 5-A state championship only once in the past decade whereas Riverdale has been to or won the state championship game atleast 6 times in that same time frame. And the Region 8 team that won that state championship for Region 8, was Germantown, not White Station or Millington.

Oh, and explain how a #1 seed 10-0 White Station gets beat by a #4 seed 6-4 Ravenwood team in the semi-finals last year?

"Oh, and explain how a #1 seed 10-0 White Station gets beat by a #4 seed 6-4 Ravenwood team in the semi-finals last year?"

Now, you being a sports fan in the tricities should have that one down pat. One difference being it normally occurs, at kingsport, in the 1st round.

Now, you being a sports fan in the tricities should have that one down pat. One difference being it normally occurs, at kingsport, in the 1st round.

Valid point, however, the person I questioned stated Region 8 was the SEC of Tennesee High School football. Everyone knows Region 1 is weaker. That's not my argument. If I had said Region 1 was the SEC of anything, then you would have an argument too.

Not to mention, I said the semi-finals game, not the first round.

"Oh, and explain how a #1 seed 10-0 White Station gets beat by a #4 seed 6-4 Ravenwood team in the semi-finals last year?"Now, you being a sports fan in the tricities should have that one down pat. One difference being it normally occurs, at kingsport, in the 1st round.

You need to stop living in the past and join the rest of the human race. Wher do you hang out now that they've closed down the "Man Cave" ?

That is the most ridiculous statement that you could have made. There is no way on earth to back that statement up. Yes, it is your opinion ... but you can't validate it in any any form or fashion.There are several undefeated teams in 5A because there are several quality programs out across the state. There is no ONE dominant team or ONE dominant region. PERIOD. ANY other talk is foolishness.I don't give a flying flip about who wins the state championshp or whatever. Playoffs are a different breed of animal. With flop flop regions hosting every other year and what not, it's impossible to determine. There is no present day Maryville in 5A.No one holds that tittle.

Your Tripin'

William Blount is 2 touchdowns better than White Station. If Whites Station played in Region 2 or 4 they would be about 5 & 5 at the end of season.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> time to wake up....you're dreaming

Oh really, How many State Championships has Region 8 won in the past 10 years? And while your checking, put that crack pipe down and let it cool.

and the past 10 years has something to do with the toughest team THIS year? Keep in mind, I'm not taking anything away from the reputation of the regions and schools further east. The reputation is there for a reason, and they've earned it. But dude....the question is this season. Stick to the plan please. Now, I'm not saying White Station is going to win state. But saying 5-5 in any region that you care to mention is ludricrous, and a very uneducated guess on your part. And unless you've witnessed some of the 8-5a action this year, please tell me how you can form a reasonable opinion on how difficult 8-5a is this year.

Kudos to WB for almost being undefeated. But the lost 2 games, albeit agains tough opponents. But to assume WB is better than so-n-so team elsewhere, when you haven't seen anything from that team, and WB hasn't played that team.....it's not only pointless, but keeps your biased opinion from having any credibility what-so-ever!

Haha...hahahaha... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Then why has Region 8 won a 5-A state championship only once in the past decade whereas Riverdale has been to or won the state championship game atleast 6 times in that same time frame. And the Region 8 team that won that state championship for Region 8, was Germantown, not White Station or Millington.Oh, and explain how a #1 seed 10-0 White Station gets beat by a #4 seed 6-4 Ravenwood team in the semi-finals last year?

I'll explain that....1)That was last year, not this year. 2)White Station wasn't 10-0 at the time last year3)Ravenwood beat some other teams of notariety as well. If you care to check stats, they started last year off pretty rough, got it turned around and made a great run.4)as I replied to another post on this thread, explain exactly what the past decades records has to do with this year?5)Stick to the topic of top 5A teams in the state for this year, and that fog in your head should clear up. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Valid point, however, the person I questioned stated Region 8 was the SEC of Tennesee High School football. Everyone knows Region 1 is weaker. That's not my argument. If I had said Region 1 was the SEC of anything, then you would have an argument too.Not to mention, I said the semi-finals game, not the first round.

So, WS makes it to semi finals, your team(s) are out in round 1, and you have the gall to to talk about who's got tough regions? Impressive!

Oh really, How many State Championships has Region 8 won in the past 10 years? And while your checking, put that crack pipe down and let it cool.

Forget this "won" talk.

In DB'er-speak whats really important is how many times were they VOTED champs.

Waco's mom asks the football questions and Waco types the insults. Those girls are a hoot!

If we are going to use that reasoning, it would have to be Millington. Undefeated and 4 shutouts and only 55 points given up all year long. Of the nine games, our starters on defense have only played 2 full games. In two other games, they have played 3 quarters and in the rest they did not play the second half.

Make that 5 shutouts. Trojans win tonight 40-0. Starters on both sides of the ball only played the first half.

Toughest Region in the state HandsDown is Region 4

By the numbers:

20-4 against out-of-region teams

the 7th and 8th place teams beat the #2 and #1 teams from Region 3

Thats right - Oakland went 1-6, 3-7 but beat Region 3 runner-up Coffee Co 34-21

Blackman went 1-6, 4-6, finished last in 4-5A but beat Region 3 champion Lincoln Co 14-0 at the Pit

Blackman also beat Brentwood 28-0 and Overton 49-27

Siegel beat Brentwood 9-7

Wilson Central beat Coffee Co 33-15

Riverdale beat Dickson Co 27-14

Smyrna beat Gallatin 45-14

the 4 losses out of region?

Smyrna lost 17-13 to Brentwood Academy

Lebanon lost 30-20 to Cookeville and 33-21 to Mt Juliet - both playoff teams

Oakland lost to Clarksville 21-6

What other region can say they were 20-4 out of region and their bottom two teams beat the adjoining regions 1st and 2nd place teams?

Lavergne may be the best team in the state not to make the playoffs with a couple of D-1 wideouts and a Vandy signee in the offensive line.

Their region scores:

Blackman 22-15 win

Oakland 24-14 win

Lebanon 20-21 loss

Siegel 14-17 loss - FG by Siegel to win it at the end of the game

Smyrna 13-15 loss - Lavergne missed a FG at the end to win it

Wilson Central 21-24 loss

Riverdale 20-21

their five losses were by 1, 3, 2, 3 and 1 point What other region has a team go 2-5 but is 15 points from being 7-0????