11/9 Polk Co at White House

timbdp

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your crazy if u think that ur team can beat the wild cats. we have a way better offense and you think your defence is so good we will see tonight. i think that you should keep your mouths shut and just play the game.

Did White House play to your satisfaction?I think we answered the questions about our offense and our defense.Any more questions you might have like, humility? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

your right. it could've been more. Polk Co. had a little speed , but they were the smallest team we played all year. No size at all.

And we're not known for speed either..... what the heck are you feeding those guys? Lord Have Mercy!

Good game WH!

(well, not from our point of view anyway - but that game was yours)

Congats to White House.

Our thread got closed before we even got back, so we didn't get to post anything to the Chargers or about our game, but it was a good game. Ours could have been more too, refs called back an early TD, and seems to have blinders on about dragging one of our guys down by his facemask, and when he went fumbled (the only turnover of the game). MC was tall and lanky but it took them several series to even get a first down. Our fans were pumped, but not what last or next week will be. By the end of the game, our chant was "We Want White House!" (Ok, I can hear all the crap coming with that one, but we did give you guys a little PR down in no man's land. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Volnation, I don't think the boys were being rude when your hubby congratulated them. I think they're told to go straight to the locker room. They don't really even talk to family until after they have had their end of the game talk with the coach. I am sure it was nothing personal against you, but we have had opposing fans try to talk smack to them after they win, and I think that could be the reason...not to stir stuff up. We were rushed getting into the game but one nice MC lady did tell me congrats and to have a safe trip home near the tshirt table, and I told her I appreciated it. In turn we had a bunch of MC kids walk through our fans saying loudly to each other that "MC should have won the game". I am not sure what anyone would base that statement on. We beat MC fair and square, and I think ya'll know that, but I'm sure it's hard to lose after 9 in a row when you though you were 'Boro bound. So now I've been to McMinn Central. Although the marquee out front misspelled it, hopefully now, you guys will remember the name GREENBRIER.

Back to next week. Looking forward to it, Blue Devils.....A REGION 4 SWEEP. That's what we tried to tell them.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Just want to report that the White House Boosters and Staff are some of the best I have ever witnessed. They had fruit, snacks, drinks,etc. waiting for our boys we they arrived. Nothing but good sportsmanship was seen or heard. With the exception of the score (which we were whupped) it was what High School athletics should be.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Just want to report that the White House Boosters and Staff are some of the best I have ever witnessed. They had fruit, snacks, drinks,etc. waiting for our boys we they arrived. Nothing but good sportsmanship was seen or heard. With the exception of the score (which we were whupped) it was what High School athletics should be.

You ought to see next week. White House vs. Greenbrier is always a smashmouth, topnotch game. The coaches are friends, a lot of the fans from each school are friends; go to church with each other, share family ties and some of the kids play other sports together and even visit with each other in the stands. The interaction is pretty cool, and the game seems to be when both teams play their hardest.

I think Region 3A needs to schedule non-region games with Region 4A during the regular season- even with the travel involved, it would benefit Region 3 to have a reality check before the playoffs come around.

Polk at White House felt like Friday Night Lights with Permian and Carter without the bad sportsmanship and final score (if you understand what I'm saying)- we were simply outclased by a much bigger and faster team. No way in heck did we expect that, even after seeing the tapes of WH... seeing those huge players in person was not a fun thing.

Heh, we could have put adults in Polk uniforms to play and I STILL think they would have handed our heads to us - I'm 6'0" and 210 pounds and I felt small!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />